Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? import assets

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
03/02/2014 10:33:33

sofie9536
sofie9536
Posts: 53
sorry, i have a little problem. how can I show the assets uploads in the asset window?
I have converted a sketchup object to an ase file. it also everything works, but how can I give the weapon the men in the hand?
when I import the ase file directly into the hand it is not complete.
maybe someone has a solution. very thanks



http://imgsrc.ru/katalan/36054524.html#bp
permalink
03/02/2014 13:21:40

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Posts: 661
sofie

If by "not complete" you mean the model is complete but not appearing in the hand then

a) you need to EDIT the character and select their hand and then import the object from there
b) If you are doing this and the object is appearing in the wrong place then it suggests the axis of the object is not at it's centre

Hope this helps
permalink
03/02/2014 14:36:54

sofie9536
sofie9536
Posts: 53
toonarama wrote:
sofie

If by "not complete" you mean the model is complete but not appearing in the hand then

a) you need to EDIT the character and select their hand and then import the object from there
b) If you are doing this and the object is appearing in the wrong place then it suggests the axis of the object is not at it's centre

Hope this helps


thank you for your quick response. no, the problem is another. I edit the gun in Muvizu (colors) and then want to use it as assets. (in the assets window). sorry my english
permalink
03/02/2014 14:42:39

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Posts: 976
I often have a problem with some faces not appearing. Within Sketchup you need to reverse these faces before exporting.

If you export as an FBX it may work better.
permalink
03/02/2014 14:51:19

sofie9536
sofie9536
Posts: 53
Thanks Berty,
I always try to exclude errors in advance with sketchup. The models are so colored because you can not see whether the faces are wrong.
permalink
03/02/2014 14:56:37

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Posts: 661
sofie9536 wrote:
toonarama wrote:
sofie

If by "not complete" you mean the model is complete but not appearing in the hand then

a) you need to EDIT the character and select their hand and then import the object from there
b) If you are doing this and the object is appearing in the wrong place then it suggests the axis of the object is not at it's centre

Hope this helps


thank you for your quick response. no, the problem is another. I edit the gun in Muvizu (colors) and then want to use it as assets. (in the assets window). sorry my english


Sofie

I understand now (I think)

If you import as a standalone object (not attached to body part) you can then save that object as a favourite to make it available in other projects

However as far as i know it is not possible to add any objects into the assets window of the body parts which I believe is what you are trying to do. You have to import the object again each time. Similarly you cannot get your character to hold/wear any of the other Muvizu assets that are not in the window which is a shame.
permalink
03/02/2014 14:59:10

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
Posts: 767
sofie9536 wrote:
Thanks Berty,
I always try to exclude errors in advance with sketchup. The models are so colored because you can not see whether the faces are wrong.


a quick test to see if any faces are reversed. select the whole object and colour it using the default colour (its the one thats half white and mauve) that should show up any reverse faces, as the mauve colour is a reversed face. then undo what you have just done and reverse any faces that need it.
permalink
03/02/2014 15:04:58

sofie9536
sofie9536
Posts: 53
Berty : exactly what I meant

fazz68: thanks
permalink
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? import assets