Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? v0.16b Feedback

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
26/07/2011 16:38:19

CrazyDaveMuvizu staff
CrazyDave
Dreeko wrote:
I do sympathise with ziggy when it comes to the shadows being cast through objects.

Oh yeah, so do I! It's a pain. It does just seem to be the way Unreal dynamic shadows work though... I have had no success getting it to be different without using static "pre-baked" shadows... and we can't use them because our scenes can be changed at any time by moving objects and so the shadows have to be dynamic too
26/07/2011 17:26:57

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Here's a thing that's been puzzling me
( nothing to do with cameras incidentally) how come objects have such a problem intersecting (backdrops etc) but characters seem to have zero collision and can pass through anything that has the option "can be stood on" deselected
I can put characters in a vehicle but when I try and do the floating ground plane trick to raise them into position the plane cannot penetrate due to the collision properties of the vehicle object.
Is there no way that a future version of Muvizu could have the ability to select an object and turn off it's collision to the same degree as the characters seem to have?
27/07/2011 07:13:56

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
So to sum up are demands are......

1) Turn off collision option
2) Way-points (cameras first)
3) More consistent shadows
4) And for me, an undo button that undoes / or a lock button that locks / or percent boxes on the sliders - any of these would stop the devastation that occurs when you try to build a complex set (actually "no collisions" would also do the job).

.....and I'm not coming down from the roof until I get them.
27/07/2011 10:14:00

Luscan
Luscan
ukBerty wrote:
So to sum up are demands are......

1) Turn off collision option
2) Way-points (cameras first)
3) More consistent shadows
4) And for me, an undo button that undoes / or a lock button that locks / or percent boxes on the sliders - any of these would stop the devastation that occurs when you try to build a complex set (actually "no collisions" would also do the job).

.....and I'm not coming down from the roof until I get them.

I think the word is 'requests'. It's only demands if you have hostages and I Neil's not (quite) gotten to that point yet. :P
27/07/2011 11:08:23

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Luscan wrote:
Neil's not (quite) gotten to that point yet. :P

You haven't seen Jim for a while, have you? Just sayin'.
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? v0.16b Feedback