Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Sci-Fi Dungeon

the topic is closed
29/07/2011 03:49:59

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
Many moons ago some friends and I concocted a cable access show based on the orignal MST3000. It was all set to go, but then... TRAGEDY STRUCK! We realized we were all lazy oafs. Well also back then getting episodes of TV shows was not really all that possible, so it was shelved.

But thanks to DVD and Muvizu the dream lives on! I really enjoyed seeing this decade old pipe dream become reality, and I'm even doing the music.

I hope you enjoy it. Or at least comment pretending you did...

edited by Danimal on 29/07/2011
29/07/2011 10:15:54

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
haha! this is quality!!!!

very weird and wonderfull! loved it!
29/07/2011 11:29:25

Marco_D
Marco_D
Nice one Dan! I enjoyed watching that.

You should consider doing a mini-series

Cheers,
Marco
29/07/2011 12:09:23

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Loved it and I thought the camera shots and editing were spot on!
29/07/2011 19:51:33

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
I'd love to know some specifics... how long did it take, how many different individual scenes were it (I assume put together in an external editor), what problems did you run into, etc...
29/07/2011 20:16:33

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
Thanks for the comments!

And also for the interest. To make the whole video took a week and a half working about an hour to an hour and a half per day on it, not counting the recording and mixing of the song.

The storyboard had 34 panels and I added one additional shot (the close-up of the video boxes in The Captors' hands). I broke those 34 panels into 6 clips which used the 4 cameras to break up the shots. Some of them could be done with the same camera, for instance the pan across the chained Bones & Frans and then the slightly farther back shot of me looking scared were done with the same camera in the same clip. I made the castle and the dungeon set, then duplicated them so that each camera had its own set.

The video was edited in Sony Vegas. When I saved the clips I put the corresponding shot numbers as the file name (like "1-2-7-15-24.avi") so I could literally just drop them into Vegas in order then trim them to make the final correct running order.

Honestly, the only snag I ran into was figuring out how to import a clip from a DVD for the scene where you see the characters in the theater watching. That has nothing to do with Muvizu though, that was in the editing stage.

The other snag is in the lip sync. I know that characters don't tend to sync well to music so I actually recorded myself just speaking the lines. They still did all kinds of crazy mouth work and I don't think anyone looks like they're actually singing along.

I hope this is what you were asking for, I didn't mean to drone on so much, haha.
30/07/2011 03:53:58

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
Quality stuff Danimal! A mini-series would be great!
the topic is closed

Home ? Your Videos ? Sci-Fi Dungeon