Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? arteria3d as source of props

the topic is closed
07/12/2011 22:16:39

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Hello all

I have just purchased a lmembership of arteria 3d as a source of sets for Iclone but have managed to successfully port into Muvizu.

I had to do this via 3dxchange (Reallusion software ) and biturn (free software) but that was only because they were in iclone format.

They also sell in .ase format (I'll try and test this out) and .obj format (which can be converted by biturn) so no other software should be needed.

There are a lot of quality assets on the site (albeit most of them historical) and although they may seem quite pricey they are not in comparison with similar products and they also offer attractive membership deals which allow access to all the assets on the site plus copyright free music on arteriamusic.
edited by toonarama on 08/12/2011
08/12/2011 02:57:24

65Radius
65Radius
They look really good!
08/12/2011 08:41:14

paulparker
paulparker
Maybe.......a little tuto ???
08/12/2011 09:51:50

toonarama
Paul
These were the steps I took which will hopefully work with any Iclone assets

1. Load iclone file into 3dxchange
2. File Export OBJ
3. Set axis to z-up and export
4. Loaded OBJ file into BITURN
5. Converted to .ase format
6. Edited .ase file to
a) remove all the text beteen the first *Geomobject declaration and the second one (Muvizu can only cope with one)
b) amend the material file names from tga to jpg (the material files were already created by either 3dxchange or biturn - can't remember which)
7. Imported into muvizu (using "don't use id textures" option) firstly making sure I had enough space by zooming out and up into the air.
08/12/2011 12:53:13

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Toonarama,

This is very interesting. Please let me know how you get on with the ASE files as I have no other animation software other than Muvizu.

Cheers

Berty
08/12/2011 13:48:23

toonarama
ukBerty wrote:
This is very interesting. Please let me know how you get on with the ASE files as I have no other animation software other than Muvizu.

Will do Berty - I am hoping that by using 3dxchange followed by BITURN that this gives a more "stable" route in for files from various sources and if I can get Steve (who runs arteria 3d) to supply me with one of his .ase files then I can try the direct load into Muvizu.

I will report nack with any progress.

all the best

Mick
08/12/2011 20:07:14

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
Hi toonarama,

great idea ! Cool
Shortly i've also purchased the ARTERIA membership and downloaded some packs.
This evening I checked some packs containing .ase files.

The ASE files from the (very lowpoly) Mobiledevice_medieval pack (rather greyish look), the Scifi- and the Horse pack (see picture right side) can directly be imported into Muvizu (note point 7 from toonarama !). ASE files from other packs (Shantytown2 & Medfarm) could for unknown reasons not be loaded.

Normally, Steve prepares his packs in a lot of different formats.
Therefore, using converters as described by Mick you can still get the desired ASE format.

Since Steve in many cases also saves in Millkshape format (MS3D) there's an easy way by using the ASE exporter in Milkshape that is also able to convert a lot of other formats (Shareware, but 1 month free - Link here) and then import into Muvizu as above (picture left side: Roman pack & Cartoon pack).

Hope, this helps !

Best
tripfreak
edited by tripfreak on 08/12/2011
09/12/2011 08:19:03

toonarama
Guten Tag tripfreak - good to hear from you.
Thanks for providing this extra information and thank you for pointing us towards BITURN in the first place; it's a great little program.
I now realise that I can convert any Iclone prop into a Muvizu prop which will be really useful.

all the best

Mick
09/12/2011 16:04:49

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
"Guten Abend" toonarama !

Hmmm, if i would be a little more active maybe i could switch this forum into German !? Owned

You're welcome !
Its nice to get your feedback !

best wishes
tripfreak
17/12/2011 10:39:23

ukBerty
Toonarama - thanks for highlighting this resource and for your invaluable tips on getting it all to work.

I too have signed up and am going through the models sorting them out for Muvizu. It's quite a task and I'll do a better post once it's all done.

I do have a few issues though......

Some of the models are large. I can scale down the .obj and convert again using Milkshape and bitrun, but the tolerance on whether an imported object will fit into the "world" is well out.

If I have a model of a building which suffers from the "too big to fit in the world" problem I scale it down via Milkshape. Let's say I scale down by a factor of 0.8 and the model will fit - but I can get about 100 of them into the world rather than one of them just fitting in !

If I am importing a block of buildings then they will not scale back up enough to look correct, even though there is plenty of room. I notice that the scale sliders only go up to 1.29 rather than 5.

I guess I either need the tolerance (and the damned collision) to be more accurate and tolerant when importing, or know how to fix the scale sliders so they go up to 5 again.

Anyone any ideas ?

Berty
17/12/2011 14:09:20

toonarama
Berty
A couple of suggestions
Meshlab is supposed to be very impressive at reducing the size of 3d objects - http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

Otherwise if you give me an example of one of the props you are having a problem with I will try and run it through my 3dxchange to see if that can help.

all the best

Mick
18/12/2011 07:02:11

ukBerty
Thanks Mick - I'll send you a Muvizu message to sort this out.

AS I say - I can resize it just fine, it's just that I have to make it so small for Muvizu to accept it that I can't get it back to a useful size.
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? arteria3d as source of props