Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Directing movement is really hard

the topic is closed
27/01/2012 21:54:05

andla
andla
I drag just a millimeter and the character are jumping all over the screen. I wish that there were a way to make the character move slower and more precise. Something like the more you zoom in the slower and more precise the character will move. Also the controls (circular thing around the character) would be cool to not have them huge when zoomed in.
Maybe also a way to turn the controls off so that I can double click the character to where I want him/her/it to stand without accidentally clicking the turn around marker.
27/01/2012 22:48:44

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Character movement is one of the hardest bits of Muvizu to master, but you can double click on a position and the character will walk there and stop. Thats one of the improvements in the release before last that had me jumping around, and not my character for once
28/01/2012 00:30:25

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
Fairly simple movements aren't too bad but complex character movement in Muvizu can be tricky indeed. My solution so far is to get a cup of coffee and spend a few hours "fiddling" with things until I get the movements pretty close to what I want. It takes time and patients but it can be done.
28/01/2012 07:19:25

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Make sure you turn off lighting using F12 before attempting to move anything - this will really help smooth things out.
28/01/2012 19:44:23

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Generally most of my animations are dialogue based and do not require a lot of character movement.

It is a bit of a pain in the arse, as is camera/object animation, But worth it in the long run.

Waypoints will come one day! I feel it in my water!

cheers
D
28/01/2012 21:34:03

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I've been working on another musical animation here lately (Status Quo - Down Down live) and have been trying to give it more of a "rock video" type of feel with lots of camera cuts and moving camera shots. Basically I'm trying to have it look like there's more than 4 cameras used to shoot the video.

It's been a daunting task but I'm starting to get better at controlling camera shots and movement.

I should be finished with the video this weekend and I'll post it on the site for everyone to see and comment on.
edited by mysto on 29/01/2012
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Directing movement is really hard