Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? New forum software please?

the topic is closed
24/11/2009 16:33:56

Matt
Matt

Yeah, I agree. This forum is a bit confusing to use.

25/11/2009 23:23:38

zuijlen
zuijlen

That might be a reason why there are so few posts...

21/12/2009 16:54:47

Muvizu_AdminMuvizu staff
Muvizu_Admin
Ask Dump_Weed and ye shall receive. We've just updated the forum which makes it a lot more intuitive, friendly, easier to navigate and more along the lines of what most are used to. Hope this makes your Muvizu experience a lot more enjoyable.

Cheers,
The Muvizu team
01/08/2010 13:27:58

KiltedNinja
KiltedNinja
Sorry Admins, for reviving such an old post - but I just discovered this after posting here :

http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic266-forum-suggestion.aspx

I've created a few forums using Simple Machines (php bulleting board) - the forums are really simple to set up, have loads of features for members (groups, permissions to access areas) - loads of features for forums/sub-forums / calendars, etc

http://www.simplemachines.org/about/copyright.php

I would recommend this for an effective, easy-to-use forum. This forum right now is nice, has a good style, neat icons and feel to it, however it's very confusing to navigate and that leads to people not posting...

(Incidentally, feel free to tell me to shut up anytime Big Grin)
edited by KiltedNinja on 8/1/2010
02/08/2010 10:07:03

barrys
barrys
Hi KiltedNinja

We're making a brand new website which will go live soon and the processes for uploading and posting are simpler and clearer (hopefully). But you're right - the present process for uploading a video is a little clouded and mysterious. Here's how you do it:

1) Make sure you have a Muvizu account and a youTube account. Log into both

2) On the Muvizu website look above the SEARCH box. You'll see the phrase "You are logged in as *name*"

3) Click on your name. It will take you to your profile page

4) Look for the ASSETS box. Click "Upload Asset" and follow the instructions

5) After the upload is completed you'll get an error message. Ignore it - it's a bug with Flash 10.

6) Muvizu's videos are hosted on youTube and because of that there may be a delay before the video appears on our site. Hoever your video will be on youTube fairly quickly

Hope this helps

Barry
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? New forum software please?