Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? My thinkings

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
24/11/2012 07:56:42

dwino
dwino
Absolutely, hand held props are very important, whether custom or not. They would expand the types of stories told with Muvizu.

Dreeko, you mention that a lot of the stories are talking heads? Well, the absence of holding props is one reason that leads to a majority of the Muvizu movies being talking heads movies.
24/11/2012 09:21:52

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
dwino wrote:
Absolutely, hand held props are very important, whether custom or not. They would expand the types of stories told with Muvizu.

Dreeko, you mention that a lot of the stories are talking heads? Well, the absence of holding props is one reason that leads to a majority of the Muvizu movies being talking heads movies.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. To my mind this is one of if not the main obstacle to increased use of muvizu within the machinima community
edited by toonarama on 24/11/2012
24/11/2012 11:29:30

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Ok, I Totally agree with Dreeks and Ziggs for more conversation animations, we need them Badly.....
The current conversation actions are ok, but we need a whole lot of em
Also I want to hold a pose option, arms folded ect.....

Ok, ok, ok, we hit on this a gazillion million times, Holding props......
Team Muvizu HQ Kindom of Glasgow..
Can we just have a Cup to hold like the microphone, ( Not picking up! )
( Not putting down! ) with a simple drinking animation.
Can we have A Gun to hold like, again, the microphone???
Again, just bloody holding it!!
Please, please, if we could just start with these simple props to hold this would
Shut us moaners up for a bit.
We know it's a current problem at the moment to pick up, put down, so don't waste time trying to do it.
Just do it like the musical instruments, just holding them, Period!!
We can do all our clever cuts for dropping cups, guns in holster no probs..
Come on team, Shut us up like you did with the musical instruments.

Thanks, art
24/11/2012 20:42:09

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
toonarama wrote:
dwino wrote:

I think you hit the nail on the head there. To my mind this is one of if not the main obstacle to increased use of muvizu within the machinima community
edited by toonarama on 24/11/2012

speaking of talking heads

http://muvizu.com/forum/topic2329-character-actions.aspx?p=f#post13578

I try to avoid the talking head scenario myself but I do have at least one or two talking heads per movie. Its not a great solution and makes it difficult to create a true action movie. If I want an action movie I have to use another software package. At the moment of course like anything muvizu has its constraints its better then some softwares at certain things and not as good at other things. For instance its insanely good for things like air battles or sea battles long shots and a few other things and the head puppetry in place is very good. They need to add a few more layers of things though. As artpen says it would be a huge leap forward just to have them hold the object and move around with it, but I suspect that muvizu has a plan in their head and wants to implement said plan and not create more work then needed. Unfortunately that leaves us with lackluster solutions to a few things. Of course this is technically still a beta haha so they are covering themselves with that sticker and the fact that the public copy of muvizu (not that one that those other guys are using with added bells and whistles) is free

Anyhow enough of my ramblings these are my thinkings Big Grin
24/11/2012 21:01:49

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
I was wondering when holding objects would pop back up. But you all have in fact added to the point I was trying to make. So I will try another way of putting it.

The Director of a movie (users) has a script and props, music, voices recorded, sound effects and characters, they start animating the movie and they get to a scene and the director (users) wants it to be a certain way but just cant happen characters cant move that way or hold something etc. SO dircetor goes to character creation department(Muvizu Developers) and tells them what he needs. Character creation department (Muvizu) says cant be done or not at this time. Director (Users) woud be like" what do you mean it can't be done! thats what you get paid to do! make it happen!! I'm the director and thats what I want!! Your job is to create characters and animate them so we can make this movie!!"

Okay thats just an example (real world kinda thing) but close to the way Muvizu will work actually. We are the directors and Muvizu is the character creation department. Eventually this is the thorn that will dig deep in there side.

We will always need or want something and it will be Muvizu's Developers job to get us that. I know it sounds more harsh then attended but eventually I foresee a paid for Muvizu version so In a way it will be true. And in order to compete and stay in the hunt to make money all these little things will need to come to light. Otherwise everyone just go grab a copy of blender, Maya, Lightwave and start the long process of creating an animation.

I love Muvizu and honestly want to and hope to help it become what I see it can become. Something really great. but this one little problem of having to depend on developers to create what users need could be a problem. Maybe the developers already thought of that ..maybe not. I don't know. Im just putting my thoughts out there that came to me one day and was wondering how they plan on working around this major obstacle. As we all know as we all still here cranking out more movies and they are becoming better and better we all beleive Muvizu has the abiltity to be something more then a 3 minute youtube video.(well atleast I honestly do) but there is alot of work ahead of them. And with user limited to what they can use and the amount of work arounds we have to do to acheive those goals its going to be a long road indeed.

The better the movies get and better content that comes with Muvizu I think the bigger and bigger Muvizu will become. Developers have there job cut out for them I think or if it gets to bad I guess there is always open source route like so many waiting at the door.

So there it is maybe a little more sense in what i was trying to say. Not trying to say i want this and that or mad cuz i didnt get it in this update but just curious how they plan on going about in the future of content creation and demands. Or maybe I just confused people even more and I just need to keep my thoughts to myself lol.
24/11/2012 22:35:40

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
okay I will post one more slight tidbit because mr hamster brought it up

I enjoy muvizu and i find they are quite caring of their software and as such I am more productive in muvizu then I am in at least one other case because they are keeping abreast of the market a bit better then some other companies out there. I dont find they are just letting their software sit and its still moving forward.. that being said..

I have learned to create cgi stuff in blender which of course the renders take like ages at the end of the day I want to be happy with what I see on the screen and make nicer and nicer little movies so always in the back of my head was "gah this will be easier in blender" if i get myself into a situation that is to hard to deal with in a machinima platform. So far I have not said that much in muvizu but I do have projects which are not doable in muvizu because of the lack of hand held props and the ability to add animations in some way to the puppets outside of "faking it". Muvizu is capable of making something more then 3 minutes long and although 3 minutes is fun I am along with many others to the point where I want to do entire stories. That means I need to make the software do my bidding.. if i can't make it work in a way that makes me happy .. I have to well use something else (let it not be blender lol) Their direct competitor is source film maker however but I like muvizu's feel better.

Then there is unity and I will shut up now Big Grin
27/11/2012 01:45:18

dwino
dwino
Glad to hear so many people want held props! Thanks toonarama, urbanlamb, and others for voicing your wishes. At some point the need to have something workable will be greater than the desire to have it manifest in the absolute perfect and optimal way.
27/11/2012 01:48:27

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I think we have all said this before I know that muvizu seems to be trying to get something to work just by various ruminations around hehe.
04/04/2013 23:50:07

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
So I was working on the next academy award winning animation *cough**cough*
when it hit me.
It would be great if Muvizu accepted more then just Wav files or Mp3 files. Is it possible to get Muvizu to accept Mp4 and ogg files as well.
TrakAxPC wich i love using for voicing exports as Wav and MP4 only since their upgrade. Which is a shame. It so much easier in my opionon to arange conversations and stuff in TrakAx then in Audicity.
Just a suggestion as the wav export in TrakAx isnt reconginised in Muvizu for some reason. only able to get .049 seconds of the file lol.
Just a thought.
Thanks
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? My thinkings