Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Failure to plan is planning to fail!

the topic is closed
17/04/2013 22:41:12

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
While our sparkly new Muvizu is back in the garage for a tune up, rather than climbing back into the driving seat of the old Muvizu I have spent some time looking over some of my future video ideas. In doing so (and inspired by Ziggy72's & UkBerty's ambitious feature length movie plans!) I have come across some interesting and helpful videos on the subject of constructing stories.

Here are a couple which I found interesting..

..and this one which has 12 parts in total. I've only posted the first one here. If you want the rest then they are on the same guys channel..

As Muvizu is so easy to use and so quick to produce animations I find that I tend to run at full speed into my videos so I can get on with starting the next one!

Taking time on the content to be animated is just as important as the finished animation it's self I have discovered!

I hope these videos will be of use to someone and Hopefully others will post more also

Cheers
D
edited by Dreeko on 17/04/2013
18/04/2013 00:52:35

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
Great information Dreeko thanks for the share!
18/04/2013 01:19:24

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
Nice tuts. All the advice says don't commit to production until everything is clearly planned and worked out.

How many of us actually put that into practise?
18/04/2013 02:18:40

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I spend time (even though the story is written) planning the entire thing out from start to finish otherwise I think I would go mad. I find that if its something of any length yeah you should plan. I actually do have two (half written) movies that one day I want to bring to life but I can't fathom not planning it all out scene by scene beforehand.
18/04/2013 02:43:34

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
I used to do things more organically, a bit like painting but I am now taking more time over things and it does save a lot of wasted work.
18/04/2013 09:12:53

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I usually start out with a set script but if during the "animation process" I come up with something that's not in the "final script" and I think will enhance the final product I'll add it in. In my eyes there's always something cool that can be added to your video that wasn't thought of during the initial scripting process. I never was a "follow the script exactly as it is" kind of animator.
18/04/2013 19:14:40

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
WozToons wrote:
All the advice says don't commit to production until everything is clearly planned and worked out. How many of us actually put that into practise?

<meekly puts up hand>
18/04/2013 19:24:26

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
I actually write then rewrite a script if it isn't already written. Then spend alot of time getting together all the assets I will need for the project. I write a list. Beg and plead someone to make anything that is special since I am modeling difficient. I even have camera cuts written down with my scene set ups. But there is alway room for that something you come across like a better camera angle or an idea that will improve your film.
I am a firm believer that quality out shines quantity. 5 well made videos beats a 1000 badly made ones and you will tell who takes the time to plan it out.
If I can't find a work around in Muvizu then the project is put on the back burner until it is capable of being done. As I don't as of yet use another animation software. That's just me, I strive for what I envision and won't take any shortcuts to get it.

Okay I may be rambling now......
18/04/2013 20:17:42

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
InsaneHamster wrote:
Beg and plead someone to make anything that is special since I am modeling difficient. ..

*cough* yes i am about to get ready to do your special set you requested by the way its actually "next" (honest ^^)
18/04/2013 20:21:26

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
InsaneHamster wrote:
You will tell who takes the time to plan it out.

Yes, you can tell absolutely no planning goes into my videos.
18/04/2013 21:36:24

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
MrDrWho13 wrote:
InsaneHamster wrote:
You will tell who takes the time to plan it out.

Yes, you can tell absolutely no planning goes into my videos.

Lol and I am Santa Claus
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Failure to plan is planning to fail!