Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Request - Edit "Duration" in the timeline

the topic is closed
23/10/2013 01:26:00

primaveranz
primaveranz
If you right-click on a timeline event e.g. "Head Look at" you have the option to edit it. The pop-up shows the Start time and the Duration for the event but you can only edit the former. Why is this? Can it be changed?
23/10/2013 02:05:32

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
its because the duration of an action is fixed once you have done that action, whereas the start time for an action can be set to wherever you want on the timeline. the only way you would be able to change the duration would be to do the action again. if you are talking about head/eye/size/movement etc... if you want to shorten the duration of an animation so you only have part of the animation just use the idle animation as soon as you have started whatever animation you are using.
23/10/2013 03:37:00

primaveranz
primaveranz
Yeah I guess my question is why you can't change the duration like you can for a Camera Cut on the timeline?
Also if you can't change it then why show the duration box at all? It just gets one all excited
23/10/2013 06:38:49

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
This is an "Ox-bow command". It's left over from a previous idea.

I would like to see a return to the multi-point head move. When you move a head you now get a continuous line which you can only adjust forward and back in time. In the long distant past you used to get a lot of individual marks corresponding to when you moved the head. This would be quicker to animate as you would do one pass with all the movements and then squash or extend the gaps in between to get them in the right place.

Now you have to do a pass and get them in the right place relative to each other. If you don't you have to do it again. This means animation now takes longer and you have to "settle for less" as it's a lot harder. Same goes for eyes as well.

Can we return to the way it was please as it was demonstrably better ?
23/10/2013 07:21:21

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Yeah, can we have this back please?
23/10/2013 09:50:43

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
You actually only get one movement block for multiple head movements if the head movements are really close together. Individual head movements are recorded on the Timeline with their own individual blocks if there's just a little gap between. Perhaps still not ideal, and your suggestion does actually tie into something we're already looking at so hopefully a more suitable fix will be in a near-future update, but I just thought I should clarify that you CAN get individual blocks to a certain extent!
23/10/2013 11:01:44

ukBerty
When you grab the head control with the mouse it pretty much produces a single entry on the timeline unless you are moving like a robot. Natural movements produce a single entry whereas they used to produce multiple entries.

I think we all just want it back to something like how it was as we had much more control (please feel free to disagree).
23/10/2013 11:55:47

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
ukBerty wrote:
When you grab the head control with the mouse it pretty much produces a single entry on the timeline unless you are moving like a robot. Natural movements produce a single entry whereas they used to produce multiple entries.
I'm wondering if we're getting crossed wires with what we're talking about here, or if your Muvizu is acting up... Apologies if I'm away talking about something totally different from what you mean, but in the (large) animated GIF HERE I am clicking the head movement tracker once, moving it around so the character looks left, up, right, down and back to the centre, and then only taking my finger off the mouse button at the very end and producing multiple Timeline blocks. Is this not what you're talking about?
23/10/2013 12:03:25

ukBerty
Well, I've just had a play and er, I think you're right. Has this been improved in the latest release because most of my set files have huge blocks of head movement.

Sorry - I seem to be speaking bunk.
23/10/2013 16:30:10

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Lev_Dynamite wrote:
ukBerty wrote:
I'm wondering if we're getting crossed wires with what we're talking about here, or if your Muvizu is acting up... Apologies if I'm away talking about something totally different from what you mean, but in the (large) animated GIF HERE I am clicking the head movement tracker once, moving it around so the character looks left, up, right, down and back to the centre, and then only taking my finger off the mouse button at the very end and producing multiple Timeline blocks. Is this not what you're talking about?

Yeah, now try this - save your set with your dude slowly moving his head about. Reload it, and play it back - jerk, stutter, jerk is how it now looks. I have to redo all head movements for all characters every time I reload a set as it loses the original input information and seems to set the move speed back to 50 (I typically use between 6 and 12).
23/10/2013 20:49:19

primaveranz
primaveranz
Yup, it is related to move speed and how long you hold a position. I just tried the same four head movements at 50, 2, and 90.
50 gave me 4 separate blocks, 2 gave me 2 separate block and 90 a single block. So it is not easily to reproduce the same behaviour twice.
If you could just edit the duration in that pop-up, or better still pull and push the ends of the blocks to change duration it would be much easier.
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Request - Edit "Duration" in the timeline