Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Climb stairs

the topic is closed
25/12/2013 04:51:28

primaveranz
primaveranz
If you use a set like the "Doorway" one and try to make an actor walk up the stairs and enter the building, he starts to climb then shoots straight up onto the roof of the building. I'm guessing this is the accursed "collision" behaviour again and that I have to make my own building to get around this?
25/12/2013 05:20:00

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
do you mean the bottom of the building object with the small stairs leading up the front? you could set the building so the character cant stand on it. use a invisible ground plane at an angle to get up the stairs and another really small ground plane flat leading to the door. but you would have to move it into position by animating it a bit away from the building. then position it after you have animated it up against the building so when you let the animated ground plane run its animation it will sink into the building. so you will have a platform for your character to walk into the building.
did any of that make sense lol. it sounds more complicated than it is.
any muvizu objects will merge into each other if they are animated to. you just have to have them apart when you animate them. then bring them together and when the animation runs it course they will merge. just dont try and move them if they are merged because they will jump apart.
it is a method of beating the collision in muvizu objects like that. i always start a scene 10 or so seconds along the timeline so if anything like that needs to be done it doesnt interfere with the actual scene itself.
edited by fazz68 on 25/12/2013
25/12/2013 09:19:06

primaveranz
primaveranz
Thanks fazz, that sounds like a plan
25/12/2013 09:53:01

primaveranz
primaveranz
I just couldn't get the invisible plane to merge into the building - it refused to move beyond the outer boundary i.e. the outside edge of the top step. So it looks like I'll have to fake the building with Abstracts.
I hope they release a new version soon, this one is so bug-ridden. I suspect there will be no more focus on the free version now, but I have still not seen anything that would entice me to part with 150 quid (even if I had it) if the major bugs aren't addressed first.
25/12/2013 13:48:42

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
hello mate, i probably didnt explain it to well but it will merge.

set the plane here.

animate it up to the building.

move it so the plane is at the start of its movement up against the building.

now let the animation run

one platform for your character

like i said, it will work on any object in muvizu

have a good christmas mate, im off for dinner
edited by fazz68 on 25/12/2013
25/12/2013 17:32:27

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Damn, I didn't know you could do that - thanks Fazz!
25/12/2013 21:27:15

primaveranz
primaveranz
Fazz, that is above and beyond the call of duty! Thanks heaps, I owe you one

(Adds voice to "Why is Fazz not a Mogul?" cry)...
25/12/2013 22:28:30

primaveranz
primaveranz
Ah well, after several hours of trying to get a man to walk up some stairs into a building I have got this far. Even with everything on set locked the slightest mis-move can cause this result; which of course is irrecoverable.
I think life is just too short for Muvizu.
But thanks anyway, Fazz!

26/12/2013 02:38:56

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
yeah thats the huge problem merging two objects with collision. they really dont want to be there and shouldnt be there, so any movement at all and they jump apart. so placing them can be very tricky. ive only ever used this method using ground planes a few times when i could find no other option. sorry it didnt work to good but short of making models of the building from scratch with no collision i dont see any other way of getting a character up them steps and into the building. maybe some close up shots and some different sets of just the doorway and a bit of fancy editing.
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Climb stairs