Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Using a separate vocal audio track in music video.

the topic is closed
29/04/2014 14:30:48

christopherbruceward
christopherbruceward
I've got a question that feels like it's commonly asked but I couldn't see anything when searching. Sorry if this is covering old ground - please redirect me if that's the case.

I want to use Muvizu to do a video of one of my band's songs. I am sure this is a common use case.

Anyway, I had the following plan

• record a spoken audio track of the vocals in time to the song
  • lipsync the singer character to this audio
  • import the full song (and line up the vocals)
  • "mute" the lipsync'd audio - I don't want to hear my spoken track
I can't see how to achieve the last step.

Obviously I need the spoken audio still "in" the video, or the character stops "speaking", but I am not sure if this is possible.

Any help very welcome.

Many thanks,
Chris
09/06/2014 04:01:10

video567
video567
i havent been able to figure that out but i used the separate track i recorded and added it to sony vegas and worked my dual audio that way
09/06/2014 19:07:22

muvizu_chapMuvizu staff
muvizu_chap
As video567 suggested your best bet is to record the vocals as you said then add your music track in an external video editor whilst muting the audio coming from the muvizu clip. Try http://www.virtualdub.org/ if you don't already ave video editing software.
13/04/2015 22:19:48

frankmachine
frankmachine
do as you have already said but after you have rendered the avi video out of muvizu, you then import this into say Windows Movie Maker, mute the video's audio and add the proper audio track over the top. then export the video in whatever format you will.

I have a sub question in this topic though, maybe someone can offer some advice... I am having trouble getting my animated singers to accurately lip sync to the separate vocal tracks. I initially did the spoken lyrics thing (as I believe you did) but this was less accurate than getting the characters to lip sync to the acutal solo'd out singing tracks (with reverb removed). However the accuracy is still not quite as good as I'd like and I detect Muvizu is capable of better I just cant work out a way to achieve it...

any ideas?

thanks
frank.
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Using a separate vocal audio track in music video.