Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? The Future of Muvizu revealed!

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
29/08/2014 13:23:26

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Yes, here it is! The plans for future versions of Muvizu laid bare!

What new features will be included, when we can expect it, what goodies will be in expansion packs to come and how much it will all cost!!...

.. Read the following posts in this thread by the Muvizu staff for more information.

D
29/08/2014 15:18:57

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Big Grin - holding breath...now
29/08/2014 15:37:07

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
...still waiting
29/08/2014 17:24:38

chucklesExperimental user
chuckles
Dreeko
Are you telling us there is NO future for Muvizu?
29/08/2014 17:33:18

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
I hope not !?

But it's definitely time for ziggy to take a deep breath:
29/08/2014 18:21:27

MrDrWho13
tripfreak wrote:
I hope not !?

But it's definitely time for ziggy to take a deep breath:

Oh that gif!

Gif or jif?

Wonders how many of the staff have looked over this thread and not said a word.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 29/08/2014
30/08/2014 08:57:31

tripfreak
It's a GIF (because it's written !)
Otherwise you're right: LINK

Ha ha, look at his own pic, he's still waiting for an answer !

But I'm afraid we'll have to wait until monday...
...and that he's able to cheat a bit with one of his tentacles ?
edited by tripfreak on 31/08/2014
30/08/2014 10:43:40

MrDrWho13
Quick! Muvizu Staff! Do something!
31/08/2014 13:21:23

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
31/08/2014 14:13:20

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
MrDrWho13 wrote:

Oh that gif!

Gif or jif?

01/09/2014 16:59:47

tripfreak
Nobody's @ home ? Shock

(Picture taken from Dreeko's: "Life on Muvizu" 2011)
edited by tripfreak on 01/09/2014
01/09/2014 18:43:47

chuckles
Hi Dreeko
Would you please add an animation of my £150 disappearing too!
Bitter ? Yes, BL**DY Bitter!
edited by chuckles on 01/09/2014
01/09/2014 19:06:06

MrDrWho13
01/09/2014 20:32:03

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
chuckles wrote:
Hi Dreeko
Would you please add an animation of my £150 disappearing too!
Bitter ? Yes, BL**DY Bitter!
edited by chuckles on 01/09/2014

What He Said
02/09/2014 18:23:06

muvizu_chapMuvizu staff
muvizu_chap
Hi guys, unfortunately there is no new news on this and the situation remains the same. Our development team have been busy working on Render Digimania which is now released but their work on this will continue for a while yet. Once this is complete we hope that we can spend some time on improving Muvizu but nothing is set in stone just yet. We will be sure to inform you guys of any developments in this area.
edited by muvizu_chap on 03/09/2014
02/09/2014 22:50:27

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
...aaaand breathing out again. You know, it's not really that we want the program to be improved as much as we need it FIXED. Y'know, just working with no movement bug, breathing option working, and double-sided character attachments. And that attachment slot on the Sinister Character (ahem) which Fazz68 has just noticed. Not development work, just a patch or two, so we can get on with stuff.
02/09/2014 23:40:27

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
...aaaand breathing out again. You know, it's not really that we want the program to be improved as much as we need it FIXED. Y'know, just working with no movement bug, breathing option working, and double-sided character attachments. And that attachment slot on the Sinister Character (ahem) which Fazz68 has just noticed. Not development work, just a patch or two, so we can get on with stuff.

What He Said

especially the breathing part. my corpses are stacking up now and having them breath is a bit of a sod.
03/09/2014 19:20:21

Dreeko
muvizu_chap wrote:
Hi guys, unfortunately there is no new news on this and the situation remains the same. Our development team have been busy working on Render Digimania which is now released but their work on this will continue for a while yet. Once this is complete we hope that we can spend some time on improving Muvizu but nothing is set in stone just yet. We will be sure to infor you guys of any developments in this area.

So muvizu is neither dead or alive.. Muvizu zombie?

Seriously though, thanks for the reply. Any information after all this time is better than nothing even if it is just a shoulder shrugging “dunno“

Please don't forget that the users really appreciate even the little scraps of news. We don't ask for much... (Just the odd Dragon now and again )

Cheers
D
edited by Dreeko on 03/09/2014
03/09/2014 20:37:13

muvizu_chapMuvizu staff
muvizu_chap
I'm glad to see that I've provided you with at least some relief! I will try to find out when a new patch might be released and get back to you.
09/02/2015 14:45:44

dtekben
dtekben
Stop avoiding giving bad news...There are no sincere plans to continue with Muvizu development are there? Please release source code, reduce the price to free and let the community take over.
09/02/2015 21:13:33

Dreeko
What ever happened to Muvizu Chap? That was a short lived appointment!

...Anyway, rumour has it that there may be Muvizu related happenings coming our way soon (has anyone defined how long "soon" actually is time-scale wise yet?)

D

PS: Had to add this - A while ago we were told that we would be receiving regular updates on the state of Muvizu in regards to development, news etc. but if you check the blog the last three entries have been once a quarter! (October, July and April!)

This is quite frankly ..Pish!

D
edited by Dreeko on 09/02/2015
09/02/2015 21:24:36

chuckles
Apart from paying full-price, only to have it halved two weeks later, I've spent thousands of pounds buying computers that will run it. Surely they owe us something ?
09/02/2015 21:33:26

Dreeko
Why?
09/02/2015 21:47:21

MrDrWho13
chuckles wrote:
I've spent thousands of pounds buying computers that will run it.

You can easily get a Muvizu-capable PC for around £500...
10/02/2015 05:42:32

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Muvizu don't "owe" us anything. They have developed a brilliant animation application at great expense. they have given this away for nothing or if you so choose you can pay a relatively small amount to get some advanced features. I would say that at the moment they are in credit !

Our frustration is not only knowing whether there is a future for the software but more that they were so close to finishing the damn thing when the plug was pulled.

I know I've said this for years, but the three steps to making the business model work:-

• Fix a couple of bugs
  • Create a mechanism for importing actions
  • Open the Muvizu Marketplace.
Then watch the cash roll in........
No amount of £75s are going to move this thing forward.
10/02/2015 08:56:09

Dreeko
ukBerty wrote:

I know I've said this for years, but the three steps to making the business model work:-

• Fix a couple of bugs
  • Create a mechanism for importing actions
  • Open the Muvizu Marketplace.
Then watch the cash roll in........
No amount of £75s are going to move this thing forward.

I'd add a few things to that list but in general you are right, especially about the marketplace. They could have in place a brilliant system which would benefit both users and Digimania alike in revenue terms. A system where users could upload assets for personal storage and sale to other users, free from piracy too if you think about Muvizu's present limitations!

... But also (as you say, we've been saying things like this for years) I'd love to be excited about Muvizu again. Hopefully things will move forward to rejuvenate the software and the general enthusiasm of the user Base.

D
edited by Dreeko on 10/02/2015
10/02/2015 09:09:36

chuckles
It cost £150. A Muvizu compatible computer cost about £800 then. But the main point is if they have finished with it altogether, then why not hand over all development tools to someone like Dreeko, then we could all work on improvements, new characters etc. Does anyone know if they are still getting any revenue from Muvizu ? Have they been asked if, for a percentage of any new versions a user might make, they would be willing to hand it over ?
10/02/2015 12:12:18

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
Dreeko wrote:
I'd love to be excited about Muvizu again.

I'm still excited about Muvizu, especially with the more customizable cartoony characters now thanks to attachments (still couldn't care less about the Heroes & Villains). Where that excitement dwindles is in the number of bugs floating around in there now. Seems I can't work on a scene for more than about 10 minutes before a character just up and vanishes. The box is still there, the name is still there, but no character to be seen. This happened randomly before but now seems to be a regular occurance.

Also, I know I'm the odd man out here for sure, but I have zero desire to create and import my own actions. It was so much more fun to get the new updates regularly with a few dozen new actions and think of how to use them. This inspired creativity. Making your own? Well that's just work and I'm not using Muvizu because I want to work, I'm using it because it's easy and fun.

With all that said, SOMETHING would be nice to hear, wouldn't it? And not some vague "oh, you never know what's around the corner!" but "yes, there will be an update but not for several months" or "nope, not this year," something along those lines.
11/02/2015 10:24:37

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Totally agree with ukberty's comments - Muvizu has so much potential if only they would open the front door wider.
Importing of motions would be great and you don't have to make your own there are hundreds of free ones available (take a look at www.trailerspark.com) and hopefully soon noitom's perception neuron motion capture system will be available which at it's lowest configurations brings effective and relatively inexpensive motion capture to the masses!

But I would also love to see the ability to import characters and better support for prop import. They are tons of great characters out there many of which would fit in with the muvizu look such as the Toon Generations characters from 3duniverse.

The functionality we are after seems to be part and parcel of renderdigimania so why not include it in Muvizu too or in a separate piece of software which converts external characters/motions into a Muvizu friendly format
edited by toonarama on
edited by toonarama on 11/02/2015
edited by toonarama on 11/02/2015
11/02/2015 12:21:11

Danimal
toonarama wrote:
(take a look at www.trailerspark.com)

I tried this and only got a "this domain for sale" message. A Google search only turned up a tour guide map salesman

Again, I know I'm the odd man out in that I want Muvizu to do nothing more than expand on what it is rather than become something it's not. Give me more stock actions, character parts, and sets/backdrops/scenery elements. If I wanted it to do what x or y software did, I'd buy x or y software. Muvizu's about making a story come to life quickly and easily (Direct don't animate, anyone?), not making the next Pixar feature.

If they did nothing more than fix the disappearing bug I'd be thrilled. If they made a camera motion system that was even just slightly less horrible I'd be over the moon.
11/02/2015 13:42:40

drewiMuvizu mogulExperimental user
drewi
More facial adjustment would be good Like narrowing the face and adjusting position of mouth but suppose that would introduce lipsyncing complication problems. so a new character similar to the original toony guys but with a narrower face,by say errm err... tomorrow morning.
11/02/2015 14:16:41

ukBerty
Danimal - the importing of actions is more a business model thing than anything else - it would give them something to sell on their marketplace. We all know that their current business model does not and can not work so they have to move to a radically different one or it's all over.

We haven't had any new actions for over three years now but if they spend time and effort making a load more then they will need a way to recoup that investment.

At some point someone needs to pay for something.
11/02/2015 15:10:45

PCollimonsterExperimental user
PCollimonster
Hi All

Thank you all again for your continued feedback.

We do have some news to share.......

The dev team at Muvizu HQ have been working on a new build since the beginning of Feb. The plan is to release the new build in March.

I can't yet share what the new release will include but once confirmed I will post details.

Please do not think that Muvizu is dead. Whilst the dev slowed down over the past year we have been busy taking the product into new markets. Our new user base continues to grow and attracts users from all over the globe.
11/02/2015 17:15:41

MrDrWho13
Thanks for the update, PCollimonster (we've been waiting for some news for a while)

Good news that Muvizu's waking from its coma.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 11/02/2015
11/02/2015 17:34:29

Dreeko
"It's Alive!!!":
11/02/2015 18:48:12

chuckles
Maybe it was all just a Dream........
11/02/2015 21:09:11

Danimal
PCollimonster wrote:

Ancient Spirits of Evil, transform this decayed Muvizu to Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living!
12/02/2015 05:39:41

mysto
It's about time we heard something.
12/02/2015 08:31:33

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Thanks for the feedback. Given that time frame it looks like a bug fix build (which would be most welcome) but fingers crossed there is more to it.
14/02/2015 09:28:30

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
HELLO AGAIN Finally MUVIZU!! & MUVIZUERZ!! I've not been using Muvizu or anything else for a long time, (because I cannot create my long standing project/character/comic/stories how I want to exactly in MUVIZU!) I missed you guys you are all like friends/family; very supportive; So I decided to check out the site again, and from reading this post apparently Muvizu went to deep sleep on it at the same time as I did too?!? wow! lol OK so here's the skinny on the poop - I cannot/will not do Anything until:

A. Muvizu makes #1 (see below) possible!
B. I figure out what great video editor I NEED to switch to (I've researched ALOT); I need to be able to do the following in order to use Muvizu:

1. I am in SERIOUS NEED (and have been since day1) for WEARABLE PRODUCE of all kinds!! (think Fruit Of The Loom outfits); attachable COSTUMES for the ORIGINAL CARTOON CHARACTERS to WEAR in Muvizu, so I can finally create my comic/character stories from many years ago along w/some new ideas...Otherwise not sure what software I can use to achieve it!!...looked for things similar to Muvizu

2. maybe some new characters...

3. a Hollywood movie.set w/props soundstages etc...

4...the sweet love O animation/film Muvizu please make my project possible soon...Machinima is big now I'm reading so HELP US ALL CREATE!!!

Oh and P.S. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE IN THE PAST! You guys are the ONLY ones that can HELP me ACHIEVE this cuz you're the $#!%

Sincerely, EEFilmz 8)

p.s. - Happy V-Day!
edited by EEFilmz on 14/02/2015
edited by EEFilmz on 14/02/2015
14/02/2015 10:52:33

Pegasus01
Pegasus01
(Account inactive)
Good to hear this! currently Muvizu is not bad, but really missing something that makes it more flexible, I personally would say that the most important functions to be implemented are:
1) the ability to import animated characters and object (not only humans but also animals) created for example with blender or other software
2) add some more function for managing operations in interactions with character object - object character

3) I believe the most important: the type of collision with objects, currently use the system bounding box, to change it to a triangle or nearest ..as possible!

greet..
14/02/2015 18:33:13

Dreeko
Ha ha!

It never fails to deliver! Give a glimmer of hope for a new update and the feature requests start rolling in!

Hopefully the next update will be the first of many to come!

D
edited by Dreeko on 14/02/2015
16/02/2015 13:42:17

PCollimonster
Hi All

Indeed, the March release will include a couple of bug fixes and also some new content.
16/02/2015 16:33:35

ukBerty
I still use the last but one release as the absolute latest does not allow you to run two copies of Muvizu at the same time.

Could you put in a word to allow two copies to run at the same time please - it really speeds up production as well as allowing you to "sandbox" imports that Muvizu may reject.

Please...

Pretty please.....
17/02/2015 19:41:25

bigwally
PCollimonster wrote:
Hi All

Indeed, the March release will include a couple of bug fixes and also some new content.

Yay!

One question, Will this be for Muvizu: Play and Muvizu: Play Plus? Will owners of Muvizu: Play Plus get an update or will we need to buy a new copy?
edited by bigwally on 17/02/2015
17/02/2015 19:52:39

PCollimonster
Hi Bigwally

There is an update for both Play and Play+. No need to purchase a new copy.
17/02/2015 23:15:45

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
That is awesome news. Thanks for the update!
21/02/2015 00:13:21

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
That's because people want to achieve certain things and if Muvizu fails to deliver the required improvements then ya need to find another program to achieve it, but Muvizu is so great as is and easy to use so people want to use Muvizu as the preferred method for their projects.
Dreeko wrote:
Ha ha!

It never fails to deliver! Give a glimmer of hope for a new update and the feature requests start rolling in!

Hopefully the next update will be the first of many to come!

D
edited by Dreeko on 14/02/2015
21/02/2015 18:48:54

WabbyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Wabby
Yes, it's true! There were many things I wanted to do with Muvizu (like Muvizu Jones). I'm looking forward the next update and hope it will less tedious than the present one (especially for FBX import). Hope too, we'll have the hability to customize the character's animations.

Anyway, this software has great potential. All my support to the team!

Sorry for my bad English (I'm French) :-)

EEFilmz wrote:
That's because people want to achieve certain things and if Muvizu fails to deliver the required improvements then ya need to find another program to achieve it, but Muvizu is so great as is and easy to use so people want to use Muvizu as the preferred method for their projects.

edited by Wabby on 21/02/2015
23/02/2015 23:20:56

Pr0gr4mm3r
Pr0gr4mm3r
I love this program and wish he had an update and support, it really is a program with great potential. Here in Brazil it has a great success.

My channel on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLsVHh89mKkRqgsvb5DjTcw
edited by Pr0gr4mm3r on 23/02/2015
26/02/2015 21:23:20

PCollimonster
Thank you Pr0gr4mm3r

The Brazilian market is very important to us. Our Brazilian user base is second only to the US user base in terms of registered users.

As well as the bug fixes and new content within the new release we are developing ways to make it easier for non UK users to purchase the Play+ upgrade.

Pr0gr4mm3r wrote:
I love this program and wish he had an update and support, it really is a program with great potential. Here in Brazil it has a great success.

My channel on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLsVHh89mKkRqgsvb5DjTcw
edited by Pr0gr4mm3r on 23/02/2015
27/02/2015 13:53:39

Danimal
PCollimonster wrote:
bug fixes and new content within the new release

I like it already!
27/02/2015 18:13:31

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
Yes in deed. Good thing
February is a short month.
01/03/2015 12:35:18

Dreeko
InsaneHamster wrote:
Yes in deed. Good thing

Yeah but there are 31 days in March. They never said that it would appear at the beginning of the month!
01/03/2015 12:52:43

Pegasus01
Pegasus01
(Account inactive)
Dreeko wrote:
InsaneHamster wrote:
Yes in deed. Good thing

Yeah but there are 31 days in March. They never said that it would appear at the beginning of the month!

Hi!

So it is important for me not to know when the new version is released, (although I can not wait now !!:-)) but to know what are the new features, because I am creating a fairy tale cartoon, but now I stopped it, because I saw that there will be some news, so if you can find out what the new features, I can steer from now for what I can do or not. that's right?
01/03/2015 14:14:44

ukBerty
We did confirm this was March 2015 didn't we ??
01/03/2015 14:28:37

MrDrWho13
ukBerty wrote:

...oh dear....
02/03/2015 12:24:31

PCollimonster
March 2016................

Only joking, servers are being updated now and new release on its way later today.

MrDrWho13 wrote:
ukBerty wrote:

...oh dear....
02/03/2015 13:20:02

Danimal
PCollimonster wrote:
new release on its way later today

Today?!?!?!?!

ApplauseToast

Looking forward to checking it out!
02/03/2015 13:22:44

drewi
i say...my ears and whiskers!!
02/03/2015 14:15:42

Danimal
Well that was quick - already downloading!
02/03/2015 14:21:19

IanSExperimental userMuvizu staff
IanS
Read more about the new release over in the blog.
02/03/2015 15:11:59

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
Awesome news. And at the
First of the month! Now I
have to wait until I get
Off work. Going to be a
long day.
02/03/2015 15:48:02

bigwally
Faith in Muvizu... RESTORED!
02/03/2015 15:55:12

chuckles
How do I get the new update ? It doesn't happen when I start Muvizu like it used to do.
02/03/2015 15:58:46

mysto
GREAT update to Muvizu! Now to some serious animating...
02/03/2015 16:03:16

Danimal
chuckles wrote:
How do I get the new update ? It doesn't happen when I start Muvizu like it used to do.

It didn't for me either, I had to actually download and install the package:

http://muvizu.com/Get-Muvizu
02/03/2015 16:04:25

MrDrWho13
Nice, that was good news to come home to! Big Grin
02/03/2015 16:05:18

chuckles
Thank you Danimal. just downloading it now! Done it ! It works ! Thanks again.
edited by chuckles on 02/03/2015
02/03/2015 16:16:38

MrDrWho13
Same here
02/03/2015 16:20:14

bigwally
Does the "don't breathe" option work for anyone else?
02/03/2015 16:32:19

PCollimonster
Hi All

The Auto-update function is currently being update and will be live soon.
02/03/2015 16:32:44

Danimal
bigwally wrote:
Does the "don't breathe" option work for anyone else?

It works, but it doesn't show right away. I had to go into the Timeline to see the actual no-breathing.
02/03/2015 16:32:50

MrDrWho13
http://www.muvizu.com/forum/topic4824-march-2015-update-bugs.aspx?p=f#post24955
02/03/2015 20:04:47

Pegasus01
Pegasus01
(Account inactive)
Hi! I am happy with this update, because there are a bug fixes, but honestly, this does not seem like much, or at least not that what I think most of us expected, I do not know the other user here what they expected, but certainly not only the possibility to keep an handy or a new character, I personally was expecting something more serious, like, import other file types not only FBX or ASE, more functions in the management of characters and objects. Also very useful to be able to import other characters and animated objects created for example with Blender or other software. The collision system which as already said is too wide. I put a plant near the wall of an house, now I tried to enlarge the plant and the collision of the plant moved the whole house !! I hope in a better future for Muvizu because is a very beautiful software, and it is a pity to leave it so poor of functions ...

PS:Warning this is not a criticism !!!! but only a suggestion for how to make Muvizu most powerful and most sought!!
02/03/2015 20:38:44

Clam
Clam
No one has mentioned the new price. At $29.95 Muvizu is a great bargain even if all our dreams are not yet fulfilled. I hope this opens up Muvizu to a whole new crowd of gifted users.
02/03/2015 21:32:30

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
  • Here's my UPDATE to Muvizu!! I'm excited about the New Muvizu UPDATE, I will be UPGRADING my UPDATE to Muvizu:Play+ for that GREAT PRICE and FINALLY be able to adorn my characters w/ATTACHMENTS!?!? I cannot wait! I'm glad I came back now when I did!!
    03/03/2015 03:52:07

urbanlamb
    urbanlamb
    (Account inactive)
    I might give this a whirl soon.. I must confess I am deeply burried in iclone6 at the moment and have made a decision to start producing full avatars for that software.
    03/03/2015 17:36:11

Pr0gr4mm3r
    Pr0gr4mm3r
    Love Muvizu, but surely this sofftware would be the best in the world if they put more realistic avatar as the iclone6, our WOULD BE PERFECT. Maybe one day
    03/03/2015 17:41:31

Danimal
    Pr0gr4mm3r wrote:
    Love Muvizu, but surely this sofftware would be the best in the world if they put more realistic avatar as the iclone6, our WOULD BE PERFECT. Maybe one day

Unless it's some multi-million dollar movie, attempts at "realistic" 3D characters always, always looks awful without exception anywhere. The cartoony aspect of the current characters lets your brain say "oh, it's a cartoon" and focus on the story rather than the inevitable distraction caused by downright frightening attempts at realism.
    03/03/2015 17:53:23

Pr0gr4mm3r
    Pr0gr4mm3r
    I agree, but at least add new personagems with another type of appearance, but regardless I will continue to use Muvizu, it is fantastic.
    03/03/2015 18:03:36

drewi
    Yeah to be able to sculpt the face of the guys a little more would be great.just to add a little more variation in character,just to be able to scale the head vertically and horizontally would offer so much.Cool
    03/03/2015 19:04:40

ukBerty
    Danimal wrote:
    Unless it's some multi-million dollar movie, attempts at "realistic" 3D characters always, always looks awful without exception anywhere.

What He Said
    03/03/2015 19:48:36

urbanlamb
    urbanlamb
    (Account inactive)
    Pr0gr4mm3r wrote:

lol I am making cartoon avatars for iclone because I am not a fan of "realism" all those pixar movies and whatnot you will notice one thing about them. They never ever try to mimic real life too closely and always cartoonize everything. There is a reason for that

This is a first avatar so the will improve on the next round most of my time was spent learning how to comply with their g5 and now g6 constraints so the animations worked smoothly. You will notice this is definatly not an attempt to mimic "realism"

had to delete the video so here is a still shot instead..

edited by urbanlamb on 11/03/2015
    03/03/2015 21:38:32

PCollimonster
    Beware of the Uncanny Valley!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

urbanlamb wrote:
    Pr0gr4mm3r wrote:

lol I am making cartoon avatars for iclone because I am not a fan of "realism" all those pixar movies and whatnot you will notice one thing about them. They never ever try to mimic real life too closely and always cartoonize everything. There is a reason for that

This is a first avatar so the will improve on the next round most of my time was spent learning how to comply with their g5 and now g6 constraints so the animations worked smoothly. You will notice this is definatly not an attempt to mimic "realism"

edited by urbanlamb on 03/03/2015
    03/03/2015 22:22:00

urbanlamb
    urbanlamb
    (Account inactive)
    yeah it can get creepy and wierd so i try to not go there :P
    03/03/2015 23:02:36

theotherguy
    theotherguy
    I like Muvizu but it has some issues. I would like a full manual for instance. Going over the tutorials and making notes works too of course, but sometimes I'd like to just look things up.

I am having problems with some of my characters sitting instead of standing as their default pose. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to correct it. I'm reminded again and again of videogames based on the Unreal engine where a character gets stuck or NPCs malfunction. This is annoying but, hey, it's a game!

Muvizu is also, somewhat of a game. I realize that this is a trade-off for ease of use. Having said that, I have inhibitions about trusting it too far. I've limited my clips to 30sec as the potential for disaster is always there. You don't really know what's going on at any given time, I know it puts quite a load on my computer and it has crashed on occasion and the rendering is best left to Targa frames.

It is an awesome teaching tool for people looking into learning filmaking though, especially camera cuts and movement.
    04/03/2015 07:17:19

MrDrWho13
    In terms of a manual, the wiki is probably the closest thing you'll find: http://www.muvizu.com/Wiki
    However, looking at that, there appears to be quite a few big gaps and it's a bit jumbled up. (I'll see what I can do about that in the future)
    07/03/2015 23:55:49

foff47
    foff47
    I upgraded to Play+ about a week ago, so am assuming that I have the very latest edition, reading posts etc on this site there is mentioned of a new character called Mandy. I have been though the programme and cannot find her anywhere.
    Do I need to download her separately ?
    08/03/2015 09:46:42

MrDrWho13
    If she's not in Tools-->Content packs, then re-install Muvizu http://www.muvizu.com/Get-Muvizu (You can use the same licence code)
    08/03/2015 10:55:47

foff47
    foff47
    MrDrWho13 wrote:
    If she's not in Tools-->Content packs, then re-install Muvizu http://www.muvizu.com/Get-Muvizu (You can use the same licence code)

Thanks
    Doing it now

Ok got it
    edited by foff47 on 08/03/2015
    11/03/2015 14:38:58

LugofilmLtd
    LugofilmLtd
    Wow. I go away for a few months and come back to find a brand spanking new update. I've been toying with the idea of attempting to do a 45-50 minute movie version of Busted, but I wasn't sure the software was capable of doing what I had in mind. With the bug fixes and new content, it actually might be now so I'll have to spend some time playing with it to see what I can do. Thanks for all your hard work!
    16/05/2015 10:23:01

summer01
    summer01
    YouTube user Sustic used Muvizu to create the Frankenstein short embedded above.
    07/07/2015 20:57:14

simonhefferMuvizu mogulExperimental user
    simonheffer
    Anyone know where the last update is documented? Well you know some hints as to what it does, Ta.
    Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? The Future of Muvizu revealed!