Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Competition deadline...

the topic is closed
28/08/2010 22:28:19

Matt
Matt
This is strange... here on the site you say that the deadline is the 31st of August, but on the Raindance site the deadline is the 20th of October. What's up then, which is correct? Rather confusing I must say...
29/08/2010 05:50:07

pyrrho
pyrrho
Matt wrote:
This is strange... here on the site you say that the deadline is the 31st of August, but on the Raindance site the deadline is the 20th of October. What's up then, which is correct? Rather confusing I must say...

It's not really strange so much as clumsy. We'd asked the people at Raindance whether they could extend the competition deadline because, especially with many entrants now coming from their film-type circles, we wanted to see what could be achieved with our moving cameras function - which comes out on Tuesday, the original deadline.

The film festival is a pretty big event and planning venues, events, guests and so on takes ages ... and then we come along and throw a spanner in the works. Raindance have had to juggle things around, check with members of the judging panel (the competition entries are collated by us but all judging is by film pros on the Raindance side) and quite a lot else.

The upshot was that we received confirmation only late on Friday that the deadline could be extended, but by the time we had a date pinned down (which is October 10, by the way, not October 20) it was too late for a proper news release. Even Raindance won't get a release out until next week. We will publish an update on Monday and further updates as necessary.

The bottom line is that people entering the competition should have better tools with which to make their videos, and those who've already entered - because there's no limit on the number of submissions - may submit new versions of their originals, or entirely new films, if they wish.

We're sorry for the confusion, but I hope that this has helped a bit.
01/09/2010 14:48:42

Hermit
Hermit
Some care is needed here with the reasons you're giving for the deadline extension. Those that entered before the last deadline may feel that, because their entries don't make use of the new features like the camera movement, they may have less of a chance.

I mean, just because a feature is there, it doesn't mean that you have to use it. At least, I hope not, because the one I'm putting the finishing touches to doesn't even need camera movement
01/09/2010 14:56:20

pyrrho
pyrrho
Hermit wrote:
Those that entered before the last deadline may feel that, because their entries don't make use of the new features like the camera movement, they may have less of a chance.

As I wrote in another post: "You ask what chance have animations made with the existing version of Muvizu 3D. I would have to say, having seen many of the entries so far, every chance. Yes, we want to see Muvizu used to its maximum potential, but remember that the judges, who are associated with Raindance rather than Muvizu, are looking mainly for clever storytelling."

I hope that this allays your fears on this and, hey, how about brightening up a bit, eh? ;-)
edited by pyrrho on 9/1/2010
01/09/2010 23:25:08

Hermit
Hermit
Ah, what's the use, it'll only start raining
02/09/2010 07:27:18

pyrrho
pyrrho
Hermit wrote:
Ah, what's the use, it'll only start raining

Ah, but remember: with Muvizu, you get to control the intensity ... and colour.

Cool Smoke
edited by pyrrho on 9/2/2010
the topic is closed

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Competition deadline...