Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? March 2015 update bugs

pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed
02/03/2015 16:30:54

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
I understand that the new version has a few tiny bugs, and thought it would be a good idea to report them here so people can contribute and we make sure that they get fixed.
Thanks, by the way, for fixing the GIANT MOVEMENT BUG! Big Grin

I'll start by pointing out the issue with the phone asset being in the wrong hand for the existing animation.

Also a minor issue with Mandy:
(How to differentiate between the hand model and assets for the hand?)
02/03/2015 16:32:40

MrDrWho13
And my character still seems to be breathing - even when playing back from the timeline
edited by MrDrWho13 on 02/03/2015
02/03/2015 16:33:50

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
MrDrWho13 wrote:
And my character still seems to be breathing...

When I went to the Timeline, he stopped. It doesn't seem to take until you're actually playing or recording.
02/03/2015 16:35:12

MrDrWho13
I'll have another go then

Edit - It didn't work
edited by MrDrWho13 on 02/03/2015
02/03/2015 16:36:45

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Ah-ha! So simple a 10 year old could figure it out. Somebody get me a 10 year old!
02/03/2015 16:41:01

MovieFrog
MovieFrog
I installed the new update for Play, but don't have Mandy. Do I install Mandy seperately or is she supposed to come with the update?
edited by MovieFrog on 02/03/2015
02/03/2015 16:41:50

drewiMuvizu mogulExperimental user
drewi
Assets that i had previously applied custom textures to, have gone from the models in my scene...gulp!!
That's going to annoy many i fear.
02/03/2015 16:51:54

MrDrWho13
If you updated with the light version you might have to go to Tools --> Content packs to get Mandy
02/03/2015 17:02:33

MovieFrog
MovieFrog
MrDrWho13 wrote:
If you updated with the light version you might have to go to Tools --> Content packs to get Mandy

Worked! Thanks!
02/03/2015 17:04:50

drewiMuvizu mogulExperimental user
drewi
drewi wrote:
Assets that i had previously applied custom textures to, have gone from the models in my scene...gulp!!
That's going to annoy many i fear.

luckily i have saved customised models with textures to my favourites.... if i leave my scene as is and import an additional version of the model from favourites, i can simply make sure that model has the right texture and all the models in my scene that used to have that texture return to how they should be.
02/03/2015 18:29:09

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
The textures missing on attached character objects is not a new thing and the way round it is a drewi describes.

However you can get the sets to retain these as some of mine do - I just can't remember what you do. It's something like re-importing all the assets and assigning textures again, then after saving it'll work. Can anyone remember ?? Ziggy ??
02/03/2015 19:08:23

ukBerty
Thanks for fixing the "Two copies open at once" issue - much appreciated.
02/03/2015 19:10:24

ukBerty
Would I be correct in saying that there are no attachment points on Mandy - things like shoulders/chest/back. Is this something that could be added ?
02/03/2015 20:44:32

MovieFrog
MovieFrog
Every since I updated, whenever I open Beefy or Heroine they stay seated and can't stand up. Anyone else having this problem?
02/03/2015 20:58:23

MrDrWho13
MovieFrog wrote:
Every since I updated, whenever I open Beefy or Heroine they stay seated and can't stand up. Anyone else having this problem?

I'm not having this problem.
02/03/2015 21:20:24

Clam
Clam
When I'm recording, I can't change the initial state (standing or sitting). I mean I stop the recording, change the state, and start recording again, but it just goes back to what it originally was. Am I missing something?
02/03/2015 21:40:48

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Breathing fixed? BREATHING FIXED!! Well, thanks, but there's no need to go about it... Big Grin

Seriously, thank you for sorting that. You have to give them an action to get them started, even just an idle, but it kicks in after a couple of seconds and they don't breathe again. Wonderful. Robots rejoice! See folks, you only have to request something repeatedly, on every single email you write, for 2 years, and then as if by magic... Big Grin

Mandy! I wondered what happened to the Football Special stuff, nice to get it bundled in, thanks - she's good, if lacking attachment slots. Gotta give the tie and headset to the other characters as well though, be a pity if only the Man character gets it.

EDIT : D'oh! Hadn't noticed the Ear slots have the headset for the other characters.

Good to hear about the movement thing getting fixed - less 'why wont this work?!' posts to answer

The lighting issue I was having - this release has made the DX9 version much worse, and the DX11 version much better. The Shadow Base slider is a brilliant fix, thankyou, as it means you can tweak out the flashing and strobing as you go, which is what you need when you're in a hurry. The DX11 performance also seems to have been kicked back into life, and is more on par with DX9 again, so I I'll just switch to 11 and call it sorted Certainly all works at distance now, thanks again mcmillan-ra! Check out these trees now!!

I haven't had any texture issues on loading these sets. I don't have any particular trick to get Muvizu to remember them on imported objects, it's to do with the way I create them, I think. I import the object to check it works, takes shadows, textures, etc, then tweak it further in Sketchup or whatever, remove the collision, and reimport. I open both property boxes for the new and old imported objects, and drag the textures from the slots on the old object to the same slots on the new object (because it takes too long to go back into Explorer each time, or search down the list, and I can't always remember what texture goes where, so it saves time). For some obscure reason, Muvizu doesn't 'forget' the texture if an object is textured this way - that's my theory anyway

Muvizu HQ, you've made my year already, thank-you all. Toast
edited by ziggy72 on 15/03/2015
03/03/2015 08:44:28

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
ziggy72 wrote:
The lighting issue I was having - this release has made the DX9 version much worse, and the DX11 version much better. The Shadow Base slider is a brilliant fix, thankyou, as it means you can tweak out the flashing and strobing as you go, which is what you need when you're in a hurry. The DX11 performance also seems to have been kicked back into life, and is more on par with DX9 again, so I I'll just switch to 11 and call it sorted Certainly all works at distance now, thanks again mcmillan-ra! Check out these trees now!!

I can't take the credit, it was CrazyDave who sorted it. I'll ask him to have another look at the DX9 stuff when he gets a minute though, because I think it should have been fixed for both.
03/03/2015 10:46:08

CrazyDaveMuvizu staff
CrazyDave
Hey Ziggy.

You might also notice that things are always the same in cameras and final output as in the main vieport... This wasn't always the case. Any problems remaining with this please report it.

"this release has made the DX9 version much worse"... I confess I mostly had DX11 on when I was fixing things up but it should be right on DX9 too.. In what way is DX9 broken? I'm checking it out now and shadows are in right places in main viewport, cams and final output and the "shadow base" slider works... I must be missing something... Please be specific!

Cheers, David

EDIT: I see you emailed Bob about the DX9 issue, he's forwarded it and I'll take a look.

ziggy72 wrote:
Breathing fixed? BREATHING FIXED!! Well, thanks, but there's no need to go about it... Big Grin

Seriously, thank you for sorting that. You have to give them an action to get them started, even just an idle, but it kicks in after a couple of seconds and they don't breathe again. Wonderful. Robots rejoice! See folks, you only have to request something repeatedly, on every single email you write, for 2 years, and then as if by magic... Big Grin

Mandy! I wondered what happened to the Football Special stuff, nice to get it bundled in, thanks - she's good, if lacking attachment slots. Gotta give the tie and headset to the other characters as well though, be a pity if only the Man character gets it.

Good to hear about the movement thing getting fixed - less 'why wont this work?!' posts to answer

I haven't had any texture issues on loading these sets. I don't have any particular trick to get Muvizu to remember them on imported objects, it's to do with the way I create them, I think. I import the object to check it works, takes shadows, textures, etc, then tweak it further in Sketchup or whatever, remove the collision, and reimport. I open both property boxes for the new and old imported objects, and drag the textures from the slots on the old object to the same slots on the new object (because it takes too long to go back into Explorer each time, or search down the list, and I can't always remember what texture goes where, so it saves time). For some obscure reason, Muvizu doesn't 'forget' the texture if an object is textured this way - that's my theory anyway

edited by CrazyDave on 03/03/2015
03/03/2015 14:51:03

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Clam wrote:
When I'm recording, I can't change the initial state (standing or sitting). I mean I stop the recording, change the state, and start recording again, but it just goes back to what it originally was. Am I missing something?

Well spotted Clam. I had a look into this and it seems this only happens if you install the characters as individual content packs. The solution is to download the full version (that includes the content packs) and then the characters work properly.

We'll look at fixing this for the content packs.

UPDATE:

We've updated the content pack, so you can go to Tools > Content packs then uninstall / install the packs and the characters will be back to normal.
edited by Jamie on 03/03/2015

--
Direct, don't animate!
pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? March 2015 update bugs