Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? 20/08/15 reelase feedback

pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed
25/08/2015 18:58:47

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Am I being a bit thick but the F8 "Hide/Show invisible layers" shows invisible layers, but everything is greyed out so you can't really see what's going on.

To make it useful to me I would need to see the layer properly.

Since I have discovered you can click on the little eye to view/hide on the show layers window it's no big deal as it can be done quite quickly from there.
26/08/2015 21:32:34

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
The AO doesn't show on the rendered output unless you turn it up to absurd levels, and then you can start to see it a little.
27/08/2015 01:24:44

braj
braj
What was changed with the release?
27/08/2015 03:51:08

ziggy72
Changes include fixes for :

* Crash on startup when checking direct x version
* favourites spawning under the ground
* invisible objects affecting the scene (e.g. characters falling down) when rendering
* Improvements to particles being rendered on layers
* Watermark can be added to render layers
* Bloom, DoF, Motion blur no longer break rendered layers output
* Usability improvements to render layers (check boxes on the make video window)
* Make video preview correctly does not display invisible or not for to be rendered layers

(posted by Staff member Jamie on another thread)
27/08/2015 04:03:28

braj
braj
Cool, thanks!
27/08/2015 15:26:52

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
Still crashes on startup. :-(
27/08/2015 16:37:59

ziggy72
Did you try the DX9 switch to force it to open? Brian Gray posted this earlier :

1. Right click on desktop icon
2. Select Properties
3. Edit "Target" Command Line
4. at end on line just add -dx9
5. Click save then Ok button

SAMPLE: "C:\Program Files\Muvizu Play\Binaries64\Muvizu.exe" -dx9
28/08/2015 13:18:19

WozToons
ziggy72 wrote:
Did you try the DX9 switch to force it to open? Brian Gray posted this earlier :

1. Right click on desktop icon
2. Select Properties
3. Edit "Target" Command Line
4. at end on line just add -dx9
5. Click save then Ok button

SAMPLE: "C:\Program Files\Muvizu Play\Binaries64\Muvizu.exe" -dx9

Thanks Ziggy, that's at least got it loading but now I have no access to dx11 which before July I did so it is still broken if I want to use dx11. I know my machine and graphics card are perfectly capable of doing this as I had no problem before recent updates. I hope the devs can sort this soon as it's rather annoying.
28/08/2015 14:53:32

BrianGray
BrianGray
Hello Woz...
Even though you force a dx9 start Muvizu still loads dx11 if its set to dx11 in the options menu. If you look you'll see that Layers are available and working. Layers only work with dx11. Now to clarify this is an issue only on my laptop with Windows 10 and intel video as support said last week. On my desktop windows 10 and AMD video there is no problem. Muvizu loads as it should. Support still needs to sort this out as you say.
28/08/2015 15:17:18

WozToons
Hi Brian, I have Intel Graphics as well. DirectX no longer appears in the options menu but you're right... layers do appear to be available. Thanks for the advice, some further testing here is required.
28/08/2015 17:07:04

BrianGray
BrianGray
So its not just me. My DirectX options don't show in the option menu either since this last update. But dx11 seems to be loaded as LAYERS would indicate. But on my Desktop all is normal(ish). Glad it worked for you. You can at least get some work done.
01/09/2015 19:44:45

ukBerty
Probably need to tidy the TGA export a bit.

1) When I export I create a directory for each shot, otherwise it just creates a layer0, layer1 etc folder. If you don't manually create a folder then you just overwrite the previous shot. I think a better export option would be to type the name of a folder (defaulting to the name of the set). Muvizu would then either create or populate this folder with Layer0, Layer1 etc.

2) You don't get prompted to overwrite anything. I don't really mind this but it should probably warn you.

3) If only overwrites the .tga files to the length of the shot. If you shorten a shot then you get a load of orphaned .tga files from the previous render

Just ideas.....
04/09/2015 09:34:54

ukBerty
Looks like the layers window doesn't show object groups, so these all end up on the background layer and you can't reallocate them. If you ungroup them they pop back up and you can move them.
05/09/2015 11:45:42

ukBerty
WTF ???

Something to do with layers is trashing my sets...... Just trying to work out what....
05/09/2015 12:40:07

ukBerty
OK - here's how you break it....

• Create a new set
  • Add a man character
  • Create a second layer (layer1)
  • Assign your character to that layer
  • Hide the background layer
  • Save and open the set
So basically if you save your set when any layers are hidden then the set will never open again Loo Flush
When you have a more complex set textures go missing from objects as well and if you save again the set won't open at all.
I'll log a incident with support as this is a nasty one and I've wasted days of work Violin, but at least I know what it is now

An update.....
This is a load issue as you can open, make all the layers visible and save again in the Aug 5th version. This set will then load correctly in the Aug 20th version.
I actually believe you can open sets made in the latest version in the Aug 5th version and fix them - not completely tested but it may dig you out of a hole (I wish I had worked this out before rebuilding some of my sets!)
edited by ukBerty on 07/09/2015
05/09/2015 12:56:47

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Jeezo! That's a bad one!

Isn't it amazing how the more amazing the feature is that they include the greater the amount of bugs that appear!

God help us when keyframing arrives... Eek!

D
05/09/2015 13:29:56

ukBerty
I know it'll slow things down, but I really think they should try and get a stable release out as a number of users are having to hold back - in the next release the layers may be usable, but the waypoints are bound to have a knock on affect to something else.
05/09/2015 16:01:19

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
ukBerty wrote:
I really think they should try and get a stable release out as a number of users are having to hold back

Bring on the old beta testing concept!
Points aggressively to tester badge
edited by MrDrWho13 on 05/09/2015
05/09/2015 17:52:35

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
yes they should not be releasing this stuff untested they do need to re-implement their beta test program because they will just loose users this way. Not everyone is patient and willing to wait so better to try to sort some of the major bugs before releasing it to the entire population.
05/09/2015 20:20:19

ziggy72
MrDrWho13 wrote:
ukBerty wrote:
I really think they should try and get a stable release out as a number of users are having to hold back

Bring on the old beta testing concept!
Points aggressively to tester badge

Yup, that's why we've got the badge. Was just saying to ukBerty the other day that I never switch versions until it's all working which is why I will be sticking with v1.3 for a bit longer, it seems. I still have v1.2 (previous best stable version), and then the 0.23b final beta version, and then 0.18b (previous best stable beta version). Okay, I will never need the beta versions again, but I so distrusted Play until v1.2 that I kept them, just in case. I hate losing sets to buggy versions! And there really should be a warning associated with 'do you want to download the update?' message box, just to let people know they'll be acting as testers, not just consumers.
edited by ziggy72 on 05/09/2015
pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? 20/08/15 reelase feedback