Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? 20/08/15 reelase feedback

pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed
20/09/2015 08:09:26

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
I've been working with layers quite a bit and am wondering if this is a bug or the way it's supposed to work....

I have 3 layers + background. If I have a character on layers 1 and 3 and the props on 2, then when I render out there is a hierarchy.

My character on layer 1 renders completely, even if he walks behind something in the shot.
The Props on layer 2 will have a character 1 shaped hole in them. Anything he stands in front of will be rendered as transparent.
My character on layer 3 will only partially render - anything he walks behind will cause a prop shaped hole.

This may be the way it's supposed to work - it's fine for adding effects to individual layers, but I like to use layers for subtly re-positioning characters which of course will not work as it leaves gaps.

I don't think it is supposed to do this as if you render the layers separately instead of all together then all layers render in full.
21/09/2015 07:24:40

ukBerty
Could you change it so which layers are selected to render save with the set please.

If you open a set and deselect a layer to render then the set will ask you to save if you close it. However if you do save and reload then the deselected layer is selected once again.

Many thanks......
22/09/2015 11:05:05

JamieExperimental userMuvizu staff
Jamie
ukBerty wrote:
My character on layer 1 renders completely, even if he walks behind something in the shot.
The Props on layer 2 will have a character 1 shaped hole in them. Anything he stands in front of will be rendered as transparent.
My character on layer 3 will only partially render - anything he walks behind will cause a prop shaped hole.

This may be the way it's supposed to work - it's fine for adding effects to individual layers, but I like to use layers for subtly re-positioning characters which of course will not work as it leaves gaps.

I don't think it is supposed to do this as if you render the layers separately instead of all together then all layers render in full.

This is the way it's meant to work. Sorry.

The improvement here might be to have a re-order system on the layers (move layer up / down in the list).
22/09/2015 11:05:23

Jamie
ukBerty wrote:
Could you change it so which layers are selected to render save with the set please.

If you open a set and deselect a layer to render then the set will ask you to save if you close it. However if you do save and reload then the deselected layer is selected once again.

Many thanks......

Should be possible.
22/09/2015 11:29:46

Jamie
ukBerty wrote:
Change request.....

Could you please suppress the warning regarding the number of faces when you open a set please. It's fair enough when you import an object, but if I've saved the set you can assume that I'm happy with the imported object and I don't need to warned again.

Could you send me a set file that has this problem? Or actually an fbx files that will let me generate a set file with this problem.
22/09/2015 14:43:31

ukBerty
Jamie wrote:

This is the way it's meant to work. Sorry.

I think a better improvement would be to have a tick box to say "Render layers in full" - then render all selected layers as if you were rendering one by one ??
22/09/2015 14:43:58

ukBerty
Jamie wrote:

Could you send me a set file that has this problem? Or actually an fbx files that will let me generate a set file with this problem.

Will do......
22/09/2015 15:49:12

Jamie
ukBerty wrote:
I think a better improvement would be to have a tick box to say "Render layers in full" - then render all selected layers as if you were rendering one by one ??

I spoke to CrazyDave and he say's he can make this happen - should it be per layer or just a global option?
22/09/2015 16:24:27

ukBerty
Global would probably be fine... What do you think ?
22/09/2015 19:46:36

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
ukBerty wrote:
Global would probably be fine... What do you think ?

Global please
01/10/2015 22:52:59

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72

DEV test vid. Works well
pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? 20/08/15 reelase feedback