Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Another AVI question

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
06/10/2015 09:47:00

HughN
HughN
Hello,

I've read all of the posts I can find on using AVIs on backdrops but am having no luck. Am I missing something obvious?

I am using Muvizu play v1.5, creating a backdrop and then importing AVI files. Whether I have run them through Virtualdub or some other tool I either get a fatal error, a message saying the video is in an unknown format or (my most progres sso far) just the lowest fifth of the video.

Using Muvizu to create an AVI file (using the uncompressed or DivX forms) doesn't work.

Are there any pre-requisites I have missed?

This is what the inside of the AVI looks like:

Thanks,

Hugh
06/10/2015 10:01:23

endes
endes
I use freemake video converter, its free.

http://www.freemake.com/de/free_video_converter/

Use the avi preset with h.264 encoding
06/10/2015 10:11:29

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
I think the problem might be with the .avi format Muvizu uses. If the .avi file exported by Muvizu is bigger than 2GB then it will not play in any video player. Try exporting in smaller sections then using a video editor to re-export the parts together if this is the problem.
06/10/2015 10:18:54

HughN
HughN
endes wrote:
I use freemake video converter, its free.

http://www.freemake.com/de/free_video_converter/

Use the avi preset with h.264 encoding

Thanks Endes but that doesn't work either - Muvizu complains that it is an unknown file format.

I'm starting to wonder about missing codecs, etc.,
06/10/2015 10:22:06

HughN
HughN
MrDrWho13 wrote:
I think the problem might be with the .avi format Muvizu uses. If the .avi file exported by Muvizu is bigger than 2GB then it will not play in any video player. Try exporting in smaller sections then using a video editor to re-export the parts together if this is the problem.

Thanks,

My tests were with three second's worth of video.

By using screen capture software I have managed to get the first frame of video showing correctly on the backdrop. Setting the Image property to 'Animate' in Prepare / Object, it still doesn't play.

(Scratch head like Stan Laurel smilie)
06/10/2015 11:12:30

HughN
HughN
Got it!

I downloaded and installed the K-Lite Codec pack and now everything works as expected.

Lesson learned.
06/10/2015 16:09:17

ziopanim
ziopanim
Yea that is it, i cud have help if i was around earlier than this. i had trouble with that sometimes ago and Klite did it
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Another AVI question