Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Video Salvage

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
21/12/2015 19:47:04

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I did this awhile ago for xmas mainly because I love carol of the bells. So I gathered as many versions as I could find and created a medly. I spent last night trying to get this video off my archive drive it was corrupted. I removed it from youtube because it was getting litterally hundreds of content claims even though every rendition I had whitelisted and/or was distributed under creative commons. So in theory it should have had no matches..

Anyhow before I loose it forever (I have literally everything I ever made good and bad stored somewhere on the internet in case my hard drives go wonky.)

so finally I got it working after messing with sound files and rerendering it... Its lower quality then originally

so merry christmas from the past (no time for this this year ... )

here is a thumbnail

Click to Watch "millions of carols of bells"

here is a second version ..if the first one the sound is messed up this one might work

It also came with a free set to make yourown christmas video here

merry muvizu christmas

*runs away*

as an aside the "dancing faeries" were done using a movement bug which I think got fixed LOL
edited by urbanlamb on 21/12/2015
21/12/2015 21:02:53

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
WOW! Just wow!

That was so richly detailed you could easily have spun any of those scenes into a standalone story! The faeries are remarkable! And I was particularly mesmerized by the aurora effect in the sky... how on earth did you achieve that?

and how did you conceptualize each of those scenes? Unlike most music videos, where there are lyrics on which to base the visuals, you worked with instrumental songs, making you totally responsible for figuring out what would make an interesting scene for each musical passage! Great job though! It reminded me somewhat of Disney's FANTASIA! ( high praise, as I love that movie)

And beyond the use of MUVIZU for what it does so well, your incredible set is almost beyond belief! And the fact that you made it available for free... wow, what a generous gesture on your part! You clearly invested a great deal of yourself into the modelling, and then simply let people have it! This world needs more people like you!

Did I mention the lights? OK, let's do that. They're so... um... "lighty"... seriously, its as though you are the Sorceress of Scenery, everything is just over the top in terms of quality!

Thanks for posting that. The videos I've been watching over the past few days have raised the bar so high I may have to drop out of the game.
21/12/2015 22:01:37

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
lol well its not that good I always had issues with muvizu cameras and at one point I ram into the rear end of a reindeer LOL but we all just do it for fun.

Some of us are not quite sane so dont just give up because some of us have insane ideas LOL. I have had some set issues when I emailed them to muvizu staff they called me crazy LOL because it was way beyond what the software was designed for.

Just have fun with it we all see something that inspires us to try to do new things although in this case i just liked carol of the bells a lot Big Grin
edited by urbanlamb on 21/12/2015
21/12/2015 22:21:33

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
PatMarrNC wrote:
Thanks for posting that. The videos I've been watching over the past few days have raised the bar so high I may have to drop out of the game.

Pah, rubbish!
Everyone's got to start at the bottom and work up, you're already half way there by the looks of your videos. Just chuck some lights in and play around with the shadows and camera effects and your work will be brilliant!.

Oh and come up with something to make in the first place, that's where I always stumble.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 21/12/2015
22/12/2015 00:03:07

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
oh the sky dome lighting was a colour gradient video clip I did red,green simple gradient and rendered as an avi file and played it on the dome instead of a static texture.

Anyhow everyone starts somewhere. After literally years of making models and creating videos one cant help but learn things and improve. That is why I keep everything I make its fun to see how I have progressed.
22/12/2015 19:18:40

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
urbanlamb wrote:
oh the sky dome lighting was a colour gradient video clip I did red,green simple gradient and rendered as an avi file and played it on the dome instead of a static texture.

in what software did you make the color gradient video? I like that idea, but I have no idea how to replicate it...

Anyhow everyone starts somewhere. After literally years of making models and creating videos one cant help but learn things and improve. That is why I keep everything I make its fun to see how I have progressed.

Your work is awesome! I'm so glad you are an active and value-adding member of this forum!
22/12/2015 19:22:13

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
MrDrWho13 wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:

Pah, rubbish!
Everyone's got to start at the bottom and work up, you're already half way there by the looks of your videos. Just chuck some lights in and play around with the shadows and camera effects and your work will be brilliant!.

thanks for the encouragement... my comment above was kind of rhetorical, to show relativity between where I am and where so many others are... but I have no intention of dropping out. This is wayyy too much fun!

Oh and come up with something to make in the first place, that's where I always stumble.

indeed, that is the challenge all creative people face.
22/12/2015 19:28:06

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
PatMarrNC wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:

in what software did you make the color gradient video? I like that idea, but I have no idea how to replicate it...

Your work is awesome! I'm so glad you are an active and value-adding member of this forum!

Haha i dont post much anymore I got posted out awhile back. Anyhow the software for the gradient I can't remember I may have done it in blender or this little piece of software.

http://www.videostudiopro.com/en/products/motionstudio-3d/

Its just a basic gradient with a blur (very easy)

I dont know if that software is really worth the price, but that is because I am used to doing things in blender, but I have a friend who gives me free crap from corel from time-to-time and that was something i farted with that he gave me. Its okay if you want to do something quickly.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Video Salvage