Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Feb 2016 release feedback/bugs

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
27/02/2016 20:21:43

braj
braj
mrmuviz wrote:

PS Glad to see the staff getting in on conversations in the forum.

+1 to that
28/02/2016 02:10:37

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
fazz68 wrote:
mcmillan-ra wrote:

Fazz, were you doing anything in particular when you got that crash or was it just starting up? If you haven't already, it's probably worth uninstalling it completely - and then re-installing it.

done that... done every combination there is. update install, full install, lite install, ticked boxes, unticked boxes, completely removed all trace and clean installed etc etc etc it gets to the muvizu splash screen then....

everything is working fine on my system, all drivers are up to date. system is more than capable of running muvizu. it just doesnt want to work.
edited by fazz68 on 26/02/2016

update........................ the 32bit version runs ok.......... 64bit doesn't which is strange since ive used the 64bit version since forever....
28/02/2016 04:05:23

braj
braj
I'm 64bit here fwiw and it works fine.
28/02/2016 04:25:52

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
braj wrote:
I'm 64bit here fwiw and it works fine.

and so was mine till this update. i was just pointing out the 64bit version doesn't work for me, not saying that the 64bit version doesn't work at all. there's obviously a problem somewhere, whether it be my end or muvizu's end. this just narrows down a bit where that problem may be.
edited by fazz68 on 28/02/2016

and now the mystery deepens. i install the 64bit version along side the 32bit version and the 64bit now works.... dun dun dahhhh

perhaps it needed a jump start from its sibling????? who knows? anyways.... problem solved.... i can now go to bed Big Grin
edited by fazz68 on 28/02/2016
28/02/2016 21:44:39

fman00
fman00
mcmillan-ra wrote:
Hi,
Just a few things about this release.

• The 4K is available on windows 8 or above and only on the 64 bit version. Your mileage may vary when using it as it is really down to the power and memory of your graphics card. Older cards probably won't work.
  • The issue in MrMuviz's post with the video playback will be a codec issue. These are generally a nightmare to figure out and are pretty much out of our hands. Jamie had something similar at one point in testing but uninstalling or re-installing some codecs fixed it, I think.
  • The build now targets Windows 7. It may work in Vista, but will almost certainly not work in XP.

Fazz, were you doing anything in particular when you got that crash or was it just starting up? If you haven't already, it's probably worth uninstalling it completely - and then re-installing it.

First up- big thanks on adding the 360 option- didn't expect that to come up and it's going to be fun to muck about with.
A few questions;
1. Is the 4k option available on 360 videos?
2. Is the 4k ever likely to come to win 7 or is it a technical limitation?
3. Might this lead to an introduction of the ability for bullet time shots in the future?
4. Unrelated but any chance of being able to direct cameras when they're grouped together as presently if you move a camera that is grouped, it just moves the single camera.

Cheers.
29/02/2016 07:11:39

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
3. Apparently it's a technical problem: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd797815(v=vs.85).aspx
Ctrl+f for windows 7 and you'll find the relevant bit.
29/02/2016 13:17:34

fman00
fman00
MrDrWho13 wrote:
3. Apparently it's a technical problem: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd797815(v=vs.85).aspx
Ctrl+f for windows 7 and you'll find the relevant bit.

Cheers Doc. Presumed that was probably the case. Might have to consider windows 10 at some point if I really want to do a 4k 360 video (I don't mind windows 10 but still prefer my nice, reliable windows 7 though)
29/02/2016 15:07:34

MrDrWho13
Also, 360 rendering is currently CPU based which is why it takes so long.
29/02/2016 15:10:46

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
Hi Fazz,

I'm glad it's working, but that's a bit weird that it required the 32-bit version to be installed. The two should be installed into separate places so are actually independent of one another. Unless it's something to do with the supporting dlls (VC Runtime, DirectX etc.) but those would have been on your machine already anyway. Hmmm... weird... I'll have a look around the installer see if something's gotten confused somewhere (other than me.)
01/03/2016 20:41:56

braj
braj
There's an issue with using cameras for animating textures: the cameras don't show up in the list when you try to choose them, but you still can click where they should appear and you will see them. But if you try and edit it after the fact, it may not let you, since somehow Muvizu doesn't think it has anything loaded apparently.

Also, transparencies in saved FBX objects do not show when loading the object from a saved file or favorites. You see the alpha channel as black or white, not transparent. I have to reload objects with transparencies each time I load a project.
edited by braj on 01/03/2016
01/03/2016 20:43:12

MrDrWho13
braj wrote:
There's an issue with using cameras for animating textures: the cameras don't show up in the list when you try to choose them, but you still can click where they should appear and you will see them. But if you try and edit it after the fact, it may not let you, since somehow Muvizu doesn't think it has anything loaded apparently.

Also, transparencies in saved FBX objects do not show when loading the object from a saved file or favorites. You see the alpha channel as black or white, not transparent. I have to reload objects with transparencies each time I load a project.

I think you should send this in to support since that'll be faster than them finding this on the forum: http://www.muvizu.com/Support
01/03/2016 20:45:18

braj
braj
MrDrWho13 wrote:
braj wrote:

I think you should send this in to support since that'll be faster than them finding this on the forum: http://www.muvizu.com/Support

Just did that, thanks for the suggestion. I thought this feedback thread would be watched closely though, no?
01/03/2016 20:47:09

MrDrWho13
braj wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
braj wrote:

Just did that, thanks for the suggestion. I thought this feedback thread would be watched closely though, no?

I think so, but I would assume that Jamie checks the zendesk stuff more regularly than anything on the forum.
11/03/2016 22:55:07

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
The dark lights still don't work right.

13/03/2016 07:04:43

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
mrmuviz wrote:
Found another bug(for me at least) old .avi's that worked as textures before don't seem to work anymore.
Anyone else find this problem?

Hesh

Confirmed here. I tried several of my AVIs on the widescreen backdrop, and nothing at all appeared on the screen
13/03/2016 07:06:04

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
braj wrote:
There's an issue with using cameras for animating textures: the cameras don't show up in the list when you try to choose them,

confirmed here
15/03/2016 21:52:44

johnrader14701
johnrader14701
Hey I recently bought a computer and Muvizu. My basics are Windows 10, AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4GHz, and AMD Radeon R9 380 series graphics. It was running fine until I messed with the Options in Muvizu now even going back to the original default resolution I am experiencing freeze ups... any suggestions?
15/03/2016 21:54:18

MrDrWho13
I'm not sure what would cause these problems, but it's worth un-installing and re-installing to see if that helps: http://www.muvizu.com/Get-Muvizu
15/03/2016 22:36:58

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Anyone else having problems moving groups of objects? Every time I try it (with v1.7) they jump to a strange location. Doesn't happen with v1.5.
15/03/2016 22:49:59

braj
braj
Object groups seem fine for me.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Feedback ? Feb 2016 release feedback/bugs