Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Passion Competition to go on hiatus

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
09/05/2016 09:30:40

Harb40
Harb40
Due to a recent personal event, the death of my mother, the Passion Competition will be on hiatus for 2016. I am relocating from Wisconsin back to Arizona in July to take over her estate and handle all legal proceedings. This will take too much of my time and will not let me properly administer this contest.
We will leave the crowdfunding in place for our return in 2017. I will continue to give updates on our progress towards a return as it happens.
09/05/2016 15:03:22

Rocque
Rocque
Hello Harb40. I am very sorry about your loss. It takes time to get everything sorted, and it is emotionally draining. Both of my parents died within 18 months of each other, so I know what you must be facing. It is very sad, and must be more difficult when there is such a great distance. My parents were only 70 miles away.

Take care in going through all of the legal proceedings. I was fortunate that my parents did not have much to settle, but I have the dog! That is a whole other story.

I look forward to your return and learning about the competition.
09/05/2016 15:10:22

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
take care craig we will see you next year (Or sooner depending on how long it all takes )
09/05/2016 18:14:42

Harb40
Harb40
Thanks all for the kind words.
Some things are inevitable but this came early. We knew (and so did she) that she only had a few years left but the death was sudden and took us all by surprise. I think that is why it has been so hard. The mileage distance doesn't help either. I am just thankful I have friends back there who are helping myself and my sister out taking care of the house and other things for us until I can get there.
As for the competition, it should return and hopefully be better than ever.

Rocque, you can learn more about the competition by visiting the official website (will be redesigned when I get time).
edited by Harb40 on 09/05/2016
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Passion Competition to go on hiatus