Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Finger Pistols Are dangerous Casting

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
02/06/2016 17:32:21

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Hello everyone, and how are yaw doing?

Well today I announce the reproduction of finger pistols are dangerous, I'm doing a complete rewrite of the story, the way I wrote it in my comic strips back in High school, I have already started work on the first set and it's coming along nicely, well considering that I'm working hard to keep the poly count low...lol, anyways I decided to get some help on character voices,so I'm here to let everyone know that I'll be taking auditions as soon as I get the scripts done.

So if anyone here on the forum is interested just post here or message me and I'll add your name to the list

Thanks everyone!
edited by clayster2012 on 02/06/2016
02/06/2016 20:33:35

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
yeah, man! Put my name on the list! I can do all kinds of old man voices!

"Get offa mah lawn all y'all kids!!"
02/06/2016 20:50:26

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Lol..ok pat, I got ya down partner.
03/06/2016 00:37:39

Rocque
Rocque
OOOOOO, pick me pick me!!! I am definitely interested.
03/06/2016 01:27:50

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Rocque wrote:

lol...Ok Rocque, I'll put you down to, but it will be a while til I get the scripts out, still working on the sets,
but you will be notified.
03/06/2016 15:53:32

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
by the way, Clayster... I like your logo.

In my opinion you are doing all the right things to create a recognizable signature for your products.
03/06/2016 21:32:20

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Thanks pat, I thought it needed a logo
Just words seem too boring, so I added some graphics.
edited by clayster2012 on 03/06/2016
03/06/2016 22:26:15

Rocque
Rocque
clayster2012 wrote:
Rocque wrote:

lol...Ok Rocque, I'll put you down to, but it will be a while til I get the scripts out, still working on the sets,
but you will be notified.

Well shucks and howdy pilgrim. I kin see yer new in these parts, and you should know I am obliged and take kindly to yer offerin me a part.

I think that is a combination of pirate and not so wild west.
08/06/2016 00:53:34

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
lol.. well that there's the kind a talking I'm a looking for, seems yaw got the vocabulary pat down to it outa be...he..he..he..well tell ya what as soon as I get that there characters list done I'll a send yaw the scripts for em, see yaw then partners...lol!
edited by clayster2012 on 08/06/2016
20/06/2016 07:26:14

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Ok well I been doing a lot of shooting and editing for the open scene, and the story teller scene to where the story is told on how Jake got the powers to shoot bullets from his fingers, now I'm to the point to where Ill need some actors for my characters, below are some characters that I got worked out so far for the town scene, i'm still putting together the rest of the characters, but if anyone would like to play any of these character just leave a reply.

The story teller is a mystery character, but he knows every detail of the legendary story of The Marshall with no guns,through out the whole movie he will pop in from time to time, after all he is the one who is telling the story.
Character Taken

Jake is the man with the power to shoot bullets from his fingers, given to him from out of the blue, he learns to use his new found gift, but being clumsy is what makes his finer pistol dangerous, but with the help of his indian guide he takes on Red Dead Mcrow and his gang and tries to save the town.
Character Taken

Jamie Jane is Jake's would be girlfriend, she is a gunslinger who once use to be a well know Sheriff Deputy, but that was before Red Dead Mcrow killed the sheriff when she forgot to load his guns for him, now she just settles in Dare town living as a bouncer for the town saloon, but will fall in love with our hero.
Character taken

Wild Bill Hiccup is sorta the town drunk,but with all that drinking he dose, he always keeps a bad case of the hiccups, he becomes friends with Jake when Jake saves him from being robbed by Red Dead Mcgrow's Gang, and every since he has been by Jake's side, well don't hero's need a side kick...lol, but don't let his bad Habit fool you, he is a master gun shooter due to his drinking that actually enhances his eyes and reflexes.
Character taken

Sitting Sun is a Indian friend of Jake's, they met when Jake first moved into the desert after being mistreated by the town for being a clumsy gun shooter and accidently shoots up the town, He seen what happens to Jake and how he got the power of the White Man's Boom Stick, and tries to make Jake understand that it was a gift from the Star God, So I guess he's Jake's Indian Guide.
CHARCATER TAKEN

Chief Pow Wow is the leader of the Wacachoo Tribe, a looney version of the cherokee's, he's not very happy with the idea of Setting Sun giving Jake guidance on using his gift from the star God, but he see's that if their going to have friendship with the white man so they can come to the town saloon on friday nights, then He's all for it, so he decides to give Setting Sun wisdom, So I guess he's Setting Sun's Indian Chief Guied.
Character available

Red Dead Mcgrow is the most feared out law in all the wild west, Him and his gang takes control of Dare Town, and is making everyone's lives miserable, and will not stop until Jamie Jane joins his gang and becomes his new ol lady.
Character Taken

Dasie Duke is beautiful and brave, she is the current Marshal of dare town, she wants to settle down with her new man in California but can't do so until she fines a replacement, so she is always on the look out for the perfect person right for the job, she always kept the town safe until Red Dead Mcgrow over powered her and imprisoned her in the marshal jail house.
CHARACTER AVAILABLE

Milo Bill is a Banjo player, he has a gig every day at the town saloon along with his all banjo band " The Banjo Buckaroos",milo is a big flirt with all the women in town, every time one comes in the saloon, he tries his best to win them over for a date, other then his flirty needs he dose his job very well.
character taken

Quick Jack is the fastest gun out law on the north side of the wild West..lol, and he's Red Dead Mcgrow's right hand man in the gang, he's also a player that never quits, but when it comes to Red Dead's orders, he's on the ball to break the law!
Character Taken

Robo James is a clock work robot created by a clock maker years ago, he was created to help keep crime under control, he is powered by a gear system made out of metal that came from a meteor, back in the day he had a big gear heart when it came to protecting the peace, and he loved helping people, but when his creator was killed by Red Dead Mcgrow, He wanted to get revenge and put Red Dead down, but that was Red Dead's plan, so when Robo James caught up with him, Red Dead cast a spell that he learned from an indian witch doctor on Robo's gears turning him evil, and then convinced him to join his gang.

Character Taken

Riding Bull is the Tribes Hunter, and sitting Sun's Brother, he's always coming up with different kids of weird hunts so the village can have a variety of foods to choose from, even if it's a different kind of species that they never seen before, but when him and Sitting Sun are together he makes up for his sharp shooting with the bow and arrow when defending the Village.
Character Available

Well that's it for now, I'll add the other character as soon as I put them together.
edited by clayster2012 on 20/06/2016
edited by clayster2012 on 21/06/2016
edited by clayster2012 on 26/06/2016
edited by clayster2012 on 11/07/2016
20/06/2016 13:38:20

Rocque
Rocque
This sounds like a lot of fun. Of course I have a female voice, and there is only one female part, but I would enjoy helping out on this. I always call Wild Bill Hiccup. LOL. I wonder if he got them often. It could be dangerous when trying to sneak up on rattle snakes.
20/06/2016 16:40:33

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
you didn't say if Red Dead McGrow was available... if so, I volunteer to voice his character
20/06/2016 17:27:38

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
PatMarrNC wrote:
you didn't say if Red Dead McGrow was available... if so, I volunteer to voice his character

Oh my Bad, yea he is available, ok you can be the most dangerous out law in the Wild West, welcome to Dare Town Red Dead Mcgrow!
20/06/2016 17:53:25

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I remember as a kid watching cartoons, all of the characters had a signature line they'd say in every episode...

SnagglePuss would say "Exit, Stage Left"
Mr Jinx would say "I hate Meeces to Pieces"
Tweety Bird would say "I Taught I Taw a Puddy Tat"
HuckleBerry Hound would whistle "Oh my Darlin Clementine"
Mojo Jojo would say "CURSES!"

etc etc etc

If you haven't already done so, you might want to think up a signature line for each of your characters... or alternatively, maybe the voice actors' own personal quirks will introduce a signature element for each character.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out
20/06/2016 20:42:37

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
PatMarrNC wrote:
I remember as a kid watching cartoons, all of the characters had a signature line they'd say in every episode...

SnagglePuss would say "Exit, Stage Left"
Mr Jinx would say "I hate Meeces to Pieces"
Tweety Bird would say "I Taught I Taw a Puddy Tat"
HuckleBerry Hound would whistle "Oh my Darlin Clementine"
Mojo Jojo would say "CURSES!"

etc etc etc

If you haven't already done so, you might want to think up a signature line for each of your characters... or alternatively, maybe the voice actors' own personal quirks will introduce a signature element for each character.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out

Hmm.. you know that's a good idea, never thought of that, even though I didn't do that in my comic strips, but it could be added.
20/06/2016 20:43:38

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
A new Character added, Dasie Duke, and Milo Bill
20/06/2016 21:11:21

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Rocque wrote:
This sounds like a lot of fun. Of course I have a female voice, and there is only one female part, but I would enjoy helping out on this. I always call Wild Bill Hiccup. LOL. I wonder if he got them often. It could be dangerous when trying to sneak up on rattle snakes.

yea there are a few more female characters I'll be adding, and I just added dasie Duke
20/06/2016 23:13:17

Rocque
Rocque
So many choices now. Such interesting characters. I will be happy playing either of the females you have so far. You have quite the cast going there.
21/06/2016 01:50:01

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Rocque wrote:
So many choices now. Such interesting characters. I will be happy playing either of the females you have so far. You have quite the cast going there.

Thanks, just pick anyone it don't really matter which one, I'm sure you will do good.
21/06/2016 01:51:28

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
just added Quick Jack to the list
21/06/2016 03:42:54

Rocque
Rocque
clayster2012 wrote:
Rocque wrote:

Thanks, just pick anyone it don't really matter which one, I'm sure you will do good.

A bouncer in a bar? LOL. Or the alluring Daisy Duke? Can I play both? I am not sure I can change my voice that much, but would give it a try with the help of Audacity editing.
21/06/2016 06:24:10

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Just added Robo James
21/06/2016 06:35:44

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Rocque wrote:
clayster2012 wrote:
Rocque wrote:

A bouncer in a bar? LOL. Or the alluring Daisy Duke? Can I play both? I am not sure I can change my voice that much, but would give it a try with the help of Audacity editing.

You could play both if you can really sound like two different people, but I will tell ya this, out of all of my videos I have done, it was frustrating trying to make me sound like two different people, even three or more, yes Audacity helps, but my brother can still tell it was me, so with one video I got help from artpen, which he did a great Job, so let's do something that will help us to figure out which character you will be good for, look at the ones of your choice, then imagine how they would sound, do a voice audio recording, say anything you want, then send me the files, and then I will help you choose the right character, I'm sure you will sound great for both.
23/06/2016 02:04:46

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Working on the Saloon scene, I made a few models for the stairs which is made up of three models in order to reduce mesh collision with the characters, then I made two walls with rails and a western style bar, and I used backdrop planes to create the rest of the saloon, like the four main walls and the balcony, which works great when moving characters around without mesh collision.

here's a picture of the balcony with the stairs, and the bar.

The rest of the saloon is mainly backdrop planes and the stage that came with muvizu
23/06/2016 02:40:50

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
re: saloon set

holy cow, Clayster, you are amazing! Are you rich and don't have to work or something?? How do you find time to do all this??? and so FAST!! And so WELL!! I'm totally impressed

Regarding Robo James:
If he's a robot, I have a program that generates robotic dialog from a text file. The program doesn't have a SAVE feature, but I figured out how to save it anyway. If you don't already have a way to create robotic voices I could do his voice maybe. But if you already have a way, I'm fine with not taking on anything else. Your call.
23/06/2016 02:44:03

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Isn't it amazing how much of a difference having no collision makes, and how much it frees you up? Nicely laid out sets, I like the darkness More Dark is my motto LOL
23/06/2016 03:47:52

Rocque
Rocque
I agree that is is amazing how fast you are able to create everything. About the only thing I am having success creating is my voice, and even that depends on the time of the day. This is really shaping up fast and it is fun to watch it progress. I wonder if you ever sleep. I know I get up early to work on my contest entry and as soon as I come home I am going over more tutorials to see how I am going to make my video look half way decent. Getting from the ideas to the finished product takes forever for me. You make it look so easy, but I am sure you had your learning curve, too.

The collision I am up against is time. However recording character voices can happen fast, so that is one deadline I know I can meet. My contest entry might have to wait until next year.
23/06/2016 03:53:29

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
PatMarrNC wrote:
re: saloon set

holy cow, Clayster, you are amazing! Are you rich and don't have to work or something?? How do you find time to do all this??? and so FAST!! And so WELL!! I'm totally impressed

Regarding Robo James:
If he's a robot, I have a program that generates robotic dialog from a text file. The program doesn't have a SAVE feature, but I figured out how to save it anyway. If you don't already have a way to create robotic voices I could do his voice maybe. But if you already have a way, I'm fine with not taking on anything else. Your call.

Thanks PattMarrNC, no I'm not rich, working on it though...lol, I only work part time, and collage is only two hours a day, but being rich is a dream right now, so i have plenty of time to work on my other dreams, and Finger Pistols is one, and for that robotic voice software, thats sounds great, but just to let you know Robo James is a Clock Work Robot, they didn't have electronics back in them thar days..lol, but if you can manage to get it sound good then I'm game with it, I have a couple of Lines already for him in the saloon scene, so if you want to give it a try let me know and I'll send you the lines.
23/06/2016 04:09:58

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
ziggy72 wrote:
Isn't it amazing how much of a difference having no collision makes, and how much it frees you up? Nicely laid out sets, I like the darkness More Dark is my motto LOL

thank ziggy, doing this scene isn't taking long at all, i'm using 3Dmilkshape to make things quicker, and it's so easy to work with with out all of the fancy features that 3d Studio Max has, for the darkness I used crystal clear lighting, then after I made the set, I took two planes and made
them a large size big enough to cover the top of the set, not touching but about 3 inches from the top and positioned the Directional light to where it creates a sun light effect through the doors and windows without any light bleeding through any seems.
edited by clayster2012 on 23/06/2016
23/06/2016 04:16:07

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
but just to let you know Robo James is a Clock Work Robot, they didn't have electronics back in them thar days..lol, but if you can manage to get it sound good then I'm game with it, I have a couple of Lines already for him in the saloon scene, so if you want to give it a try let me know and I'll send you the lines.

tell you what... send the lines, and I'll send you the robo-speak and you can decide if it works for your purposes.

What might be cool would be to do his dialog with dots & dashes like a telegraph (the closest thing to electronics in those days) then to translate you could either use sub titles, or do what they did in the old Lassie series, where Lassie would bark and somebody would tell us what Lassie said.

"What's that Lassie?? You say Timmy fell in the well again? Good girl Lassie!"

The telegraph-speak might turn into a signature theme. There are so many movie cliches, but I've never seen anybody else use that one.

Here's a morse code translator.. you can type his dialog, then play back the dots and dashes as sound. If you can capture the sound in audacity then you can save it as an MP3 and use it as dialog.
http://morsecode.scphillips.com/translator.html

That way, if some nerd who actually knows morse code ever watches your cartoon, he'll be impressed that your robot speaks in true morse code. ;-)
23/06/2016 04:25:01

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Rocque wrote:
I agree that is is amazing how fast you are able to create everything. About the only thing I am having success creating is my voice, and even that depends on the time of the day. This is really shaping up fast and it is fun to watch it progress. I wonder if you ever sleep. I know I get up early to work on my contest entry and as soon as I come home I am going over more tutorials to see how I am going to make my video look half way decent. Getting from the ideas to the finished product takes forever for me. You make it look so easy, but I am sure you had your learning curve, too.

The collision I am up against is time. However recording character voices can happen fast, so that is one deadline I know I can meet. My contest entry might have to wait until next year.

It's not that I try to be fast, it's just that I have been studying animation and 3d modeling for years, when I found muvizu and seen how easy everything looked to be, I figured that I would give it a try to see if it would work with my ideas, and I was impressed, I said maybe this could be the thing that will help me with my creations, and so for its show me that it can do what I want it to do, and even more, don't think you can't do the same with muvizu because I know you can, you don't need to be fast or good at trying to be the best, that comes in time, don't rush yourself and keep it at a steady paste that you can keep up with, in time you be use to doing everything with muvizu, I'm sure everyone here took time to learn, and it never hurts to take that time, because in the end it will show good results, never give up.
23/06/2016 04:50:42

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
PatMarrNC wrote:
but just to let you know Robo James is a Clock Work Robot, they didn't have electronics back in them thar days..lol, but if you can manage to get it sound good then I'm game with it, I have a couple of Lines already for him in the saloon scene, so if you want to give it a try let me know and I'll send you the lines.

tell you what... send the lines, and I'll send you the robo-speak and you can decide if it works for your purposes.

What might be cool would be to do his dialog with dots & dashes like a telegraph (the closest thing to electronics in those days) then to translate you could either use sub titles, or do what they did in the old Lassie series, where Lassie would bark and somebody would tell us what Lassie said.

"What's that Lassie?? You say Timmy fell in the well again? Good girl Lassie!"

The telegraph-speak might turn into a signature theme. There are so many movie cliches, but I've never seen anybody else use that one.

Here's a morse code translator.. you can type his dialog, then play back the dots and dashes as sound. If you can capture the sound in audacity then you can save it as an MP3 and use it as dialog.
http://morsecode.scphillips.com/translator.html

That way, if some nerd who actually knows morse code ever watches your cartoon, he'll be impressed that your robot speaks in true morse code. ;-)

hmm ok I'll give that a try, and what I'll do since I'm still working the scripts, i'll message you two quick lines, and if i like how it sounds, i'll go ahead and add it to the scene for Robo james, but i'll give that Code translator a try
23/06/2016 04:53:56

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Hey Patt, that translator lets you download the wav file, i'm adding this to my favorites, if the robot voices don't work I may just use this, thanks
23/06/2016 05:14:32

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
clayster2012 wrote:
Hey Patt, that translator lets you download the wav file, i'm adding this to my favorites, if the robot voices don't work I may just use this, thanks

wow.. I didn't notice the download button.. that kinda makes it easy if you decide to go that route!

I notice there's another option farther down the page to change the frequency of the beeps.. lower number makes a lower pitched sound... so if your story ever introduces the robot's "dad" or "mom", "dad" could have a "deeper" voice and "Mom" could have a higher voice.

You can also speed it up so it takes less time for the robot to deliver his lines

Or, you could speed it up when the robot is supposed to be excited, and slow it down when the robot is tired.
edited by PatMarrNC on 23/06/2016
23/06/2016 07:15:35

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Ok , I didn't look further down, But I'm starting to really to consider this option for Robo James, but still if you will, let's hear those lines I sent you made from that software ya got.
23/06/2016 07:23:08

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Artpen did a pretty good robotic sounding voice for me a couple of years ago. Maybe he's one to ask if you want a few different methods to try out.
25/06/2016 09:12:43

MarcKennedy
MarcKennedy
I love voice acting. I'd be happy to pitch in. Here are auditions for a few characters.

25/06/2016 13:43:55

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
LOL... Marc, you are gonna fit right into this crowd! Funny western themed pickup lines! Clayster is the man who would have to approve though.... it's his project! And he's TOUGH!
25/06/2016 14:25:46

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
MarcKennedy wrote:
I love voice acting. I'd be happy to pitch in. Here are auditions for a few characters.

Lol I love those pickup lines for milo Bill, you seem to understand his character that's funny, could use those, and you know I been looking for a good sound for Robo James, because him being a clock work robot and with that hollow sound you made seems fitting, and another thing that weird is for some strange reason you hit Quick Jack the way I would always imagine how he would sound, are you getting into my head or what, anyways those Characters are available if you want them, aslo I may use those pick up lines.

Oh and to let everyone know, I may use this 30 minute video as a submission to try and get Finger pistols are Dangerous published.
edited by clayster2012 on 25/06/2016
25/06/2016 18:22:24

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Clayster, even if you don't get Finger Pistols officially "published", you should look into monetizing your Youtube videos.

The Music industry has taken advantage of bands for years, offering them bad contracts in exchange for all the rights to their music. Lots of people are finding out that they can make almost as much by marketing their work themselves than they can get with a record deal... and they still own the rights to their music! You might find the same to be true for video.

YouTubers LOVE funny videos, and if you set up your account as monetized, youtube takes care of putting the ads on your page, and you just get the money. It's not much at one time, but it keeps trickling in forever. And the more videos you have, the more it trickles.

Also Facebook is aggressively promoting their own video, and due to the way people on FB can easily link to anything posted there, it works well as a way to build a following. I'm not sure if Facebook video can be monetized though.

If that sounds like too much hassle, consider delegating it to somebody else. The bigger your production gets, the more you will benefit from specialists.
25/06/2016 18:47:57

MarcKennedy
MarcKennedy
clayster2012 wrote:
MarcKennedy wrote:

Lol I love those pickup lines for milo Bill, you seem to understand his character that's funny, could use those, and you know I been looking for a good sound for Robo James, because him being a clock work robot and with that hollow sound you made seems fitting, and another thing that weird is for some strange reason you hit Quick Jack the way I would always imagine how he would sound, are you getting into my head or what, anyways those Characters are available if you want them, aslo I may use those pick up lines.

Oh and to let everyone know, I may use this 30 minute video as a submission to try and get Finger pistols are Dangerous published.

Lol. You did a great job designing them and describing them so I picked up on those cues and ran with it. I'm happy to do as many of these characters as you need. I love collaborating on projects. (Note: I didn't have any good ideas for the chief that weren't terrible racial cliches so I didn't audition him). And I'm happy just to get my name in the credits no matter what you do with the project in the end. I'm not looking for compensation, just for fun.
25/06/2016 18:57:16

MarcKennedy
MarcKennedy
PatMarrNC wrote:
Clayster, even if you don't get Finger Pistols officially "published", you should look into monetizing your Youtube videos.

The Music industry has taken advantage of bands for years, offering them bad contracts in exchange for all the rights to their music. Lots of people are finding out that they can make almost as much by marketing their work themselves than they can get with a record deal... and they still own the rights to their music! You might find the same to be true for video.

YouTubers LOVE funny videos, and if you set up your account as monetized, youtube takes care of putting the ads on your page, and you just get the money. It's not much at one time, but it keeps trickling in forever. And the more videos you have, the more it trickles.

Also Facebook is aggressively promoting their own video, and due to the way people on FB can easily link to anything posted there, it works well as a way to build a following. I'm not sure if Facebook video can be monetized though.

If that sounds like too much hassle, consider delegating it to somebody else. The bigger your production gets, the more you will benefit from specialists.

I actually work full time in marketing and I agree that you should monetize your videos on YouTube. It's easy to do. All you need is to set up a Google AdSense account. The longer the videos the higher you will rank on YouTube. Right now the genre that rules YouTube are video gamers who record themselves playing games because YouTube gives big points for length of time watched and those videos get the most minutes watched of anything on the platform. Another important ranking factor is the number of subscribers you have to your channel and there are a lot of videos on YouTube about how to get more subscribers. If you do get a distribution license, make sure it's not exclusive so you can still publish your videos through your own channels for money. It's always good to have a hand in your own marketing. Jack Canfield, author of Chicken Soup for the Soul, talks a lot about how he wishes he had self published. His publisher got most of the benefit from his first best-seller and there are a lot of tools out there now to help people do their own marketing. I recommend reading blogs from Neil Patel, Ramit Sethi, and Brian Dean to get good self-marketing tips.
25/06/2016 19:15:55

Rocque
Rocque
Thanks for all the marketing information MarcKennedy. I made some AdSense money one time with blogs, but it has been a long time since that happened. It took a lot of time and was not as much fun as making animations even though I have never seen a check for any of mine. Maybe one day, it will boost a retirement income. Now back to reality.

I actually work full time in marketing and I agree that you should monetize your videos on YouTube. It's easy to do. All you need is to set up a Google AdSense account. The longer the videos the higher you will rank on YouTube.
Isn't it the longer that people will watch your video from start to finish the better Google likes it? I attempt to keep my videos about 3 minutes and no more than 5. It is interesting to learn about marketing updates since that was my college major after I could not stand majoring in math any longer.
Although animation is a hobby for me, Clayster and others on this site have such a gift of creativity that it would be nice to see them afford to do what they obviously love and be able to pay some bills along the way.
25/06/2016 19:37:17

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
MarcKennedy wrote:

Excellent voice work there!
I'd recommend you get a fairly good mic since you might even be able to monetise your talent.
25/06/2016 19:37:28

MarcKennedy
MarcKennedy
Rocque wrote:
Isn't it the longer that people will watch your video from start to finish the better Google likes it?.

Partially it's about the % of a video that gets watched but even moreso it's about total # of minutes watched per video, so those crazy long gamer videos rake in the ad sharing money. PewDiePie made between $4 and $7.4 million last year. Recently when I went to visit my sister, my nieces and nephews one rainy day watched episode after episode of someone on YouTube playing King's Quest. The guy doing the voiceover was charming and "Let's Play" videos are huge business.
25/06/2016 19:42:02

MarcKennedy
MarcKennedy
MrDrWho13 wrote:

I'd recommend you get a fairly good mic since you might even be able to monetise your talent.

Thanks, MrDrWho13. I've taken voice acting classes and worked for an audio post production company for a couple of years. I was around so much stellar talent though that I don't take myself too seriously. I will look into getting a good mic. I almost bought one on Black Friday but I didn't think I'd need it For these auditions I just used the built in mic on my laptop, which is pretty bad.
25/06/2016 21:49:49

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC

Indeed Marc, you sound great, but the mic sounds terrible. (I know it was just a demo and that's probably why you used the most convenient mic)

ESPECIALLY in collaborations when a lot of people are contributing audio that will be joined together later it is important to have a clean signal on all the audio tracks... otherwise hearing the snippets back to back it becomes obvious very quickly that it's an amateur project.

The hollow sound in your demo isn't just due to the mic, it's also due to room reflections (that's why recording studios have that acoustic foam on the walls.. to absorb sound that would otherwise reflect and sound like reverb)

If you get serious about voice acting, you can buy a baffle that will keep all that from happening. (It's a lot cheaper than sound-prepping a whole room) http://www.musiciansfriend.com/sound-shields-reflectors/cad-acousti-shield-16-stand-mounted-acoustic-instrument-enclosure?pfm=sp

Or, you can accomplish approximately the same thing with blankets or a pillow or other absorbent material on the other side of the mic. The pillow doesn't look as cool, but you probably already have one. ;-)
edited by PatMarrNC on 25/06/2016
25/06/2016 23:56:32

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Speaking of good mics, Musician's friend has a daily sale item they call "Stupid Deal Of The Day", and they often have pretty good mics for not a lot of money (comparatively speaking). If you sign up for their SDOTD mailing list, every day you'll get an email of that day's StupidDealOfTheDay.

Or, you can just click this link (It updates every day)
www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

If you want to get on the mailing list, scroll down from that link and look on the right side of the page about 2/3 of the way down.
26/06/2016 02:48:43

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
PatMarrNC wrote:

Yea i signed up for that, Just waiting for the email
26/06/2016 02:52:58

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
MarcKennedy wrote:
clayster2012 wrote:
MarcKennedy wrote:

Lol. You did a great job designing them and describing them so I picked up on those cues and ran with it. I'm happy to do as many of these characters as you need. I love collaborating on projects. (Note: I didn't have any good ideas for the chief that weren't terrible racial cliches so I didn't audition him). And I'm happy just to get my name in the credits no matter what you do with the project in the end. I'm not looking for compensation, just for fun.

Ok, then you can Have quick Jack, and Milo Bill, and robo James, once I get the full their scripts ready I'll send you their Lines.
26/06/2016 05:37:58

MarcKennedy
MarcKennedy
PatMarrNC wrote:
(I know it was just a demo and that's probably why you used the most convenient mic)

Lol. Yeah, don't worry. I used to work in audio post. I would never turn in actual work files off that kind of mic. I'll either buy or borrow one.
26/06/2016 05:39:15

MarcKennedy
MarcKennedy
clayster2012 wrote:
Ok, then you can Have quick Jack, and Milo Bill, and robo James, once I get the full their scripts ready I'll send you their Lines.

Sounds like fun. I look forward to it.
26/06/2016 14:20:21

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Update, now that I got the opening scenes done, I started work on animating the town, using Key frame for the horse and wagon is a lot of work, and added a few people for street traffic, but going to add more, this will be the starting scene that will kick off the saloon scene that will start all of the action.

26/06/2016 14:28:31

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I like the stylized horses!
Lookin' good Clayster! Can't wait to see the first episode!
26/06/2016 14:35:14

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
actually this is going to be a 30 minute episode, and my presentation for publication, and like you said, if don't get published I can set up for youtube, and I did that, just waiting for the approved email. well got to goto work.
26/06/2016 23:26:34

Rocque
Rocque
Just out of curiosity, and impatience. Did you receive the voice auditions that I sent? If not I will resend them.
26/06/2016 23:55:37

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
No have not received them.
27/06/2016 01:08:32

Rocque
Rocque
clayster2012 wrote:

Can you message your email address to me again?
27/06/2016 07:33:18

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Rocque wrote:
clayster2012 wrote:

Can you message your email address to me again?

I got your voice files, I'll listen to them in the morning, its late here
28/06/2016 04:06:02

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
I finally finished the saloon set, now I'm just waiting the Voices for Quick Jack, Robo James, Wild Bill Hiccup, and Milo Bill, while we'r waiting here's an update screen shot.
28/06/2016 04:14:58

MarcKennedy
MarcKennedy
Looks fantastic. Great work.
28/06/2016 04:18:12

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
MarcKennedy wrote:
Looks fantastic. Great work.

Thanks, by the way did you get the script i sent you for Milo Bill, quick Jack, Robo James, and Wild Bill Hiccup, I messaged with the link.
28/06/2016 04:22:17

MarcKennedy
MarcKennedy
clayster2012 wrote:

Thanks, by the way did you get the script i sent you for Milo Bill, quick Jack, Robo James, and Wild Bill Hiccup, I messaged with the link.

The script didn't come through. I messaged you my personal email address. Could you try attaching it there? I ordered a mic this weekend and can start recording as soon as that gets to me.
edited by MarcKennedy on 28/06/2016
28/06/2016 04:26:23

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
clayster2012 wrote:
I finally finished the saloon set, now I'm just waiting the Voices for Quick Jack, Robo James, Wild Bill Hiccup, and Milo Bill, while we'r waiting here's an update screen shot.

Holy moly! Clayster, you are just AMAZING at this! And fast too! Remember all us little folk when you're famous, y' heah now?
28/06/2016 04:33:41

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
PatMarrNC wrote:
clayster2012 wrote:

Holy moly! Clayster, you are just AMAZING at this! And fast too! Remember all us little folk when you're famous, y' heah now?

I will never forget my friend's here, even if do make it, i will always be here and still making videos with yaw!
28/06/2016 04:34:44

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
other words, I'm not going anywheres.
28/06/2016 04:37:28

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
MarcKennedy wrote:
clayster2012 wrote:

The script didn't come through. I messaged you my personal email address. Could you try attaching it there? I ordered a mic this weekend and can start recording as soon as that gets to me.
edited by MarcKennedy on 28/06/2016

well I uploaded to my 4 share, and I message you the script, hey if you can read XML, or RTF files let me know, because I sent you a Txt file from notes, and when that part is done, I'll send you the other scripts
edited by clayster2012 on 28/06/2016
28/06/2016 04:42:13

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Hey PatMarrNC ol buddy, I havent forgotten you on Read Dead Mcgrow , and I'm sorry it took so long, if you can send me some examples I would love to hear them, and for the scene with him, I haven't gotten to it yet.
28/06/2016 04:57:30

Rocque
Rocque
The scenes are incredible. This is getting better and better. I just know it is going to be a lot of fun to watch.
28/06/2016 05:33:48

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Thanks Rocque, oh and I got your audio files, and if you want, i would like for you to be Jamie jane, and if you do when i get to her scene, Ill send you the scripts.
28/06/2016 07:12:18

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Ok while I'm waiting on the voice actors, i went ahead and started on the jail scene where Dasie duke is being held prisoner, not much done yet but here's two screen shots of the Jail set

from another view

28/06/2016 14:24:05

Rocque
Rocque
clayster2012 wrote:
Thanks Rocque, oh and I got your audio files, and if you want, i would like for you to be Jamie jane, and if you do when i get to her scene, Ill send you the scripts.

Jamie Jane it is. Just let me know when you need it.

Since there was the discussion on the microphone, is mine okay? I know I could invest in an upgrade, but I would rather not if it is not necessary.
28/06/2016 16:37:02

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Rocque wrote:
clayster2012 wrote:

Jamie Jane it is. Just let me know when you need it.

Since there was the discussion on the microphone, is mine okay? I know I could invest in an upgrade, but I would rather not if it is not necessary.

it seems fine, as long as there is no background noise it will do, but you want to wait til you get a mic, then i'm ok with it, waiting will give me more time to work on other set of the video, it's whatever you need to do, i'm in no hurry.
28/06/2016 18:57:39

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
regarding microphones:
while it's true that the quality of the mic can affect the quality of your recording, most amateur problems come from a combination of other things

1) Make sure you have a good signal when recording. If the waveform is so loud that it gets flat on top, it will be distorted. If the waveform is too small, by the time you amplify it enough to hear it, it will sound hissy. Look at the following waveforms, and never submit any that look like either of the two extremes (too fat or too skinny)

http://www.knowzy.com/Images/Steely_Dan-Peg-Waveforms-Audio-Technica-AT-LP120-USB-Compared_To-CD-Orig.jpg
The signal at the left is too skinny and it would not compare well when played beside the good signal on the right.

http://transcribeyourclass.ca/HTS%20Help/images/ATT01477.jpg
Likewise, the signal on the left here is too hot, and it will be distorted. In this picture, the wave form on the right is preferred.

2) Plosives (popped P) and sibilance (Hissy S)
I think Audacity has a way to correct sibilance. Plosives are best addressed with a pop filter
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pop-filters/sterling-audio-stpf2-professional-mesh-pop-filter?pdpSearchTerm=pop%20filters

this is one of the most common amateur problems, and it is easily minimized with a cheap pop filter. You can make your own with any screen like fabric and a frame to hold it. Or you can record your voice from the side, so the plosives are not directed at the mic.

3) room reflections
Every room has an echo. You may not hear it but the mic does. This is probably the MOST COMMON problem with amateur recorded vocals. It makes vocals sound like they were recorded in a box or barrel. The easy fix is to put something that will absorb any sound that gets past the mic. A pillow, blanket or bit of foam works well. Anything that will keep the sound from continuing past the mic and echoing off the walls. Or you can buy a device made of acoustic foam and set it behind your mic:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/sound-shields-reflectors/se-electronics-reflexion-filter-x

4) environmental noise
barking dogs, trucks driving by, subway, trains , TV or radio playing , people talking in another room etc
Although you can't prevent those things, you can listen for it and retake any lines that may be ruined by it
28/06/2016 22:39:05

Rocque
Rocque
Maybe I will just send my voice recordings to you first, Pat, so you can see if they are okay. I wear hearing aids so am not always sure how my recordings are after I submit them. I seem to always be using the amplify feature and have my speakers turned up. I am the victim of too many ear infections and too much time in water having fun. I tired ear surgery but it did not make things better, it added nerve damage.
I learned my lesson about having surgeries.

I have constant ringing in my ears so do not know if that is in the recordings or not. Crazy, huh?
29/06/2016 06:31:21

MarcKennedy
MarcKennedy
Rocque wrote:
Maybe I will just send my voice recordings to you first, Pat, so you can see if they are okay. I wear hearing aids so am not always sure how my recordings are after I submit them. I seem to always be using the amplify feature and have my speakers turned up. I am the victim of too many ear infections and too much time in water having fun. I tired ear surgery but it did not make things better, it added nerve damage.
I learned my lesson about having surgeries.

I have constant ringing in my ears so do not know if that is in the recordings or not. Crazy, huh?

Rocque, if you're only an hour from me and if you're having issues with your recordings I may be able to help. I should have my mic and preamp by this Thursday. The mic is from eBay so after I've tested it and if everything is working the whole setup will be very portable. My kids are out of town this week and weekend so I have a little more time than normal as well. I've engineered a lot of recordings in the past for other people so I feel comfortable with that process. I also have some moving blankets and foam that work well for dampening room echoes. My mom had scarlet fever when she was a kid and it damaged her hearing so I know what kind of an obstacle that can be. Anyway, let me know if that's something that would be of help to you. If so, you can message me and we can work out the details.
29/06/2016 06:34:11

MarcKennedy
MarcKennedy
Rocque wrote:

Clayster2012, I'm assuming we'll be recording at 48khz? I just want to check.
29/06/2016 07:12:45

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
MarcKennedy wrote:
Rocque wrote:

Clayster2012, I'm assuming we'll be recording at 48khz? I just want to check.

That's correct, remember that there will be background noises that will be set a low setting to create a light ambience for the saloon, also I will be adding more line for Milo bill, since you are good at those funny pickup lines, could you come up with a few and send them to me, and I'll try and work them in the script, just remember to keep it friendly for younger viewers.
edited by clayster2012 on 29/06/2016
edited by clayster2012 on 29/06/2016
29/06/2016 14:14:11

Rocque
Rocque
Thanks for all of the offers for help. You are all amazing. It sounds like you have a great set up for recording, Marc. I will see if keeping it simple works, but it is great to know there are alternatives should they be necessary. One of my friends where I live has a recording studio of sorts in her house, too, since she and her husband are both song writers/musicians. I could probably ask her for help if needed, but she keeps crazy working mom and musician hours, and finding time might be difficult due to her schedule.

Thanks again everyone for the alternatives.
29/06/2016 19:21:55

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
clayster2012 wrote:
Hey PatMarrNC ol buddy, I havent forgotten you on Read Dead Mcgrow , and I'm sorry it took so long, if you can send me some examples I would love to hear them, and for the scene with him, I haven't gotten to it yet.

No prob,Clayster.. I've been busy anyway.

But you seem to have a thorough understanding of your characters from prior years of using them in stories. I'm guessing you already have ideas about what they should sound like (voice-wise) so can you give me any guidance about what you're looking for in Red Dead's voice?

There are all kinds of ways that evil can be communicated in a voice.

Do you see him as a boisterous personality like Yosemite Sam?
Or a man of few words who'd rather shoot you than talk to you? ( speaks with his actions)

Is he just mean and dumb, with a limited vocabulary of gruffly spoken words?
Or smart and condescending, able to insult with words his opponents don't even understand?

Is his voice deep, booming and threatening?
Or throaty and raspy like the hiss of a rattle snake that smokes 4 packs of cigarettes a day?
or unexpectedly high pitched for a villain? Maybe his wussy voice is what turned him against society and made him want to kill everybody who made fun of him in school

Maybe it would be easier if you compare your vision of Red Dead to a TV or Movie character...

Any defining info would be appreciated. Or, I can just make something up.. but I'm guessing you already know what you want.
30/06/2016 03:12:13

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
PatMarrNC wrote:
clayster2012 wrote:

No prob,Clayster.. I've been busy anyway.

But you seem to have a thorough understanding of your characters from prior years of using them in stories. I'm guessing you already have ideas about what they should sound like (voice-wise) so can you give me any guidance about what you're looking for in Red Dead's voice?

There are all kinds of ways that evil can be communicated in a voice.

Do you see him as a boisterous personality like Yosemite Sam?
Or a man of few words who'd rather shoot you than talk to you? ( speaks with his actions)

Is he just mean and dumb, with a limited vocabulary of gruffly spoken words?
Or smart and condescending, able to insult with words his opponents don't even understand?

Is his voice deep, booming and threatening?
Or throaty and raspy like the hiss of a rattle snake that smokes 4 packs of cigarettes a day?
or unexpectedly high pitched for a villain? Maybe his wussy voice is what turned him against society and made him want to kill everybody who made fun of him in school

Maybe it would be easier if you compare your vision of Red Dead to a TV or Movie character...

Any defining info would be appreciated. Or, I can just make something up.. but I'm guessing you already know what you want.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lol more like this, you hit right on with this one,
edited by clayster2012 on 30/06/2016
30/06/2016 15:38:57

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
clayster2012 wrote:
edited by clayster2012 on 30/06/2016

You're thinking of Skeletor Big Grin
30/06/2016 17:22:09

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ziggy72 wrote:
clayster2012 wrote:

You're thinking of Skeletor Big Grin

Skeletor is my from son's generation of cartoon characters, so I had to research a bit. Here's a clip of the various voice actors who contributed to the character through the years:

Not so sure I can come up with anything this maniacal... and I'm pretty sure Red Dead McGrow needs a Texas Drawl...

but that's a very astute character comparison, Ziggy, and I appreciate being pointed in that direction. It's always easier to start with a basi9c idea then modify it than it is to start totally from scratch. I like have examples from which to work.

By the way, the voice actors in the clip did an amazing job, didn't they? Which one was your favorite? The clip reinforces the idea that money can be made doing voice acting.
09/07/2016 16:41:47

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Update: well finger Pistols is coming a long slowly but great, as I work on directing scenes, I'm coming close to the end of the first Saloon scene, and thanks to the help of MarcKennedy for doing an excellent job on the voices of Quick Jack, and Robo James, I'm wrapping it up on schedule, even though he's has a lot more lines later throughout the whole movie, I'll be getting Rocque to help finish the scene with the voice of Jamie Jane, as she introduces herself to Jake in a Like what she see's manner...lol!, and then the next scene will introduce Red Dead Mcgrow with PatMarrNC as his voice, in the mean time I have started construction on the Indian Village set, I always like to work on other things for the movie while I wait to finish the others, anyways the Indian Village is still a wip, it's coming along great, and it will be the scene where Jake gets guidance from Setting Sun, and Chief Pow Wow after waking up from a brawl.

here's a pic of the Village so far.

09/07/2016 16:59:37

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
WOW, Clayster, that looks awesome <-(imagine two exclamation points here... stupid keyboard won't make one)

I like everything about it... where do you get your ideas for your scenes? I wouldn't even know where to start....

Can't wait to see your video, and especially looking forward to hearing the voice acting talents of the various forum friends
09/07/2016 17:39:22

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
PatMarrNC wrote:
WOW, Clayster, that looks awesome <-(imagine two exclamation points here... stupid keyboard won't make one)

I like everything about it... where do you get your ideas for your scenes? I wouldn't even know where to start....

Can't wait to see your video, and especially looking forward to hearing the voice acting talents of the various forum friends

lol...the ideas have always been there, I'm looking back at my old comics strips I did back in high school, this is where I'm writing my scripts from. Oh and get you a new keyboard, their cheap now a days!!
edited by clayster2012 on 09/07/2016
09/07/2016 19:13:34

MarcKennedy
MarcKennedy
That set is really great!
10/07/2016 01:58:40

Rocque
Rocque
Heap good set you build for nice home for Chief and squaws. We will watch many new days and nights turn while we have pow wows with mighty leaders and dance to our gods for lasting peace and abundant crops with the occasional buffalo herds not stampeding. May the thorns of the passing tumbleweeds never fall at your feet brave animator Chief.
10/07/2016 04:40:44

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Rocque wrote:
Heap good set you build for nice home for Chief and squaws. We will watch many new days and nights turn while we have pow wows with mighty leaders and dance to our gods for lasting peace and abundant crops with the occasional buffalo herds not stampeding. May the thorns of the passing tumbleweeds never fall at your feet brave animator Chief.

Lol..thanks Rocque, Hey That was good, nicely put!
11/07/2016 16:27:53

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Update: I added another character to the characters list, "Riding Bull" so if anyone wants the roll just post, also still need someone to play Daisy Duke.
12/07/2016 14:59:23

Rocque
Rocque
If no one else wants Daisy Duke, I will do both, and try my best to make them sound different, or maybe they can be related. HA.
12/07/2016 16:24:18

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Rocque wrote:
If no one else wants Daisy Duke, I will do both, and try my best to make them sound different, or maybe they can be related. HA.

I may have someone for that part, my sister is considering her roll, she haves a wow country voice, but I'm starting to put together your lines for Jamie Jane, shes about to enter the saloon scene to give Jake a hero thanks and warns him about Red Dead's gang and what they have done, But it seems that she will be falling for him.
13/07/2016 05:13:49

Rocque
Rocque
I got the suspicious attack warning and was unable to download the e-book. Can you save it as a .pdf?
13/07/2016 06:29:17

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Rocque wrote:
I got the suspicious attack warning and was unable to download the e-book. Can you save it as a .pdf?

Yea sorry about that, i think its 4share, but its ok i got you covered, try this link it should take you to the e-book magazine.

http://online.flipbuilder.com/rzjo/bmog/
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Finger Pistols Are dangerous Casting