Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Things I'd like to see in Muvizu.

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
03/06/2016 01:46:32

primaveranz
primaveranz
These would all make Muvizu a much more viable tool.

Removal of the collision system and physics - they serve no function and in fact reduce usability.
The ability to keyframe character positions (if not actions).
The ability to copy and paste keyframes (especially for cameras).
The ability to keyframe object motions accurately e.g. to allow rotating wheels and helicopter blades.
Better transitions between actions - some "jump" in a very jarring manner.
Less exagerrated actions e.g. runs
Less exagerration of starting actions e.g. before a run.
Pop up screens which are context sensitive, i.e. when I edit a character his form appears, if I click on another character the form remains but applies to the new character or object.
The timeline to stop disappearing from the screen all the time.
The ability to have multiple dialogue clips for a character.
And by far the most important - the ability to stretch and compress actions on the timeline.

Having 360 degree video ability is of short-lived interest, but I'd swap it for any single one of the above.
03/06/2016 02:56:42

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
I have already accomplished the turning wheel in key frame, in your modeling program you have to make sure you have the axis in the right position before you import it into muvizu, if we removed the physics from muvizu then we wouldn't have gravity which I myself find very useful,it saves us the time of animating a falling object and makes the job easier for all of us, the collision is useful also, what if we wanted something to impact with another object or when it falls and hit the ground, without collision the object will keep going, no impact, so at the point of collision that would be a cue point to animate or add an effect, and that's where your video editing software comes handy,but if I was to change anything for the collision, that would be to add a feature that will allow us to adjust the physic and collision, also you have to remember the purpose of muvizu, its was aimed at those who don't know much about animation, and gives a helpful push to those who always wanted to animated their own cartoon, you take that away from muvizu then you take away the ability to animate from those who needs it, so leave the actions in there, they are most needed, I'm sure the muvizu team have plans to add more actions, I have no problems with the timeline and see nothing that should be changed, for the dialogue to be multi, it is possible, i have done it in Alien grey, unless you want the character to say different thing at the same time, and for action in the time lines, not sure what you mean, but the further you place the key frames in the timeline the slower the animation will be, the closer the faster it will, if that's what you mean, i'm not trying to be a butt, but muvizu wasn't meant only for advance users, it was meant to help people do something that the always wanted to and didn't have the money to take learning classes, in fact muvizu is a class in it's self, so if muvizu isn't something that suits your needs then I would say look at toon Boom or some other advance animating software.
03/06/2016 06:28:18

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
primaveranz wrote:
Having 360 degree video ability is of short-lived interest, but I'd swap it for any single one of the above.

I would wholeheartedly agree (toon shading anyone ?)....

Well almost - the multiple dialogue tracks don't bother me, but everything else yes.

Collision huh ? What is it good for ?

Obviously you don't want things dropping through the ground, but I would trade "ability to have objects bang into each other" for "ability to place objects where you want and the ability to be able to move things without destroying your whole set" any day. Before I learned how to pretty much eliminate collision on all imported models I really struggled with this. Of course, over time this has added weeks if not months of work to my production. A simple "remove collision" tickbox on objects would have avoided all this, but I am assured this is a restriction of Unreal rather than Muvizu.

clayster2012 wrote:
I'm sure the muvizu team have plans to add more actions.

I wish I was. There's been nothing for at least 4 years.

I think Primaveranz is suggesting enhancements rather than fundamental changes, things that could be ignored by first time users and then embraced as their skills increase and they demand more.
03/06/2016 06:53:10

primaveranz
primaveranz
So have I have missed the version of Muvizu which allows a character's actions to be keyframed?

And OK leave the physics. But why would you deny users the other improvements ?

Can you show how me how to :-

keep the Timeline visible at all times?
duplicate a camera's exact location and settings in another part of the timeline?

And have you never found yourself changing the properties of the wrong object because the wrong edit box is showing?

You'll notice I titled my post "Things I'd like to see" not "things which Muvizu MUST have or I will throw a hissy fit". Some of us want to hang around and improve the capabilities of the software and so feedback suggestions which might retain a few more of those beginners who rapidly tire of the current limitations and difficulties and move on to other software. After all that is what this particular Forum is for.

And for the record, I already use iClone and Moviestorm but I don't believe in restricting my endeavours to one platform.
03/06/2016 08:24:47

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
primaveranz wrote:
Removal of the collision system and physics - they serve no function and in fact reduce usability.

I agree except for the collision of characters walking on objects. (And the collision with the ground)
However, as Berty says, this is most likely an Unreal problem so there's not much we can do about it.
primaveranz wrote:
The ability to keyframe character positions (if not actions).

I'm not sure how this would work, since the running and walking are set speeds yet keyframes are designed for varying speeds. I'd be interested to see if this could work but it would mean a redesign of the whole movement system.
primaveranz wrote:
The ability to copy and paste keyframes (especially for cameras).

Yes
primaveranz wrote:
The ability to keyframe object motions accurately e.g. to allow rotating wheels and helicopter blades.

Yes, but I think this is just possible with the current version if you manage to work it out.
primaveranz wrote:
Better transitions between actions - some "jump" in a very jarring manner.

I'd like to see this, but (again) the action system is baked right into Muvizu so would probably need a redesign for this.
primaveranz wrote:
Less exagerrated actions e.g. runs
Less exagerration of starting actions e.g. before a run.

I think this is as easy as adding another action, so this is quite likely.
primaveranz wrote:
Pop up screens which are context sensitive, i.e. when I edit a character his form appears, if I click on another character the form remains but applies to the new character or object.

Yes.
primaveranz wrote:
The timeline to stop disappearing from the screen all the time.

Yes.
primaveranz wrote:
The ability to have multiple dialogue clips for a character.

So many times this has been requested, but it would probably require an entire audio editor system since people would soon ask "Oh can I change the pitch or speed a tiny bit, and perhaps split the audio clip". So yes but it would need work.
primaveranz wrote:
And by far the most important - the ability to stretch and compress actions on the timeline.

This seems quite easy in my head, but the staff have yet to comment on if this is possible. Currently the little clips are keyframed in by the devs with set intervals between each tiny movement to build up the whole movement. It would need to be possible to have this as a variable timing.
primaveranz wrote:

Yes.

Also, Clayster, would it be possible to add a couple of full stops here and there?
edited by MrDrWho13 on 03/06/2016
03/06/2016 14:08:20

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
primaveranz wrote:
So have I have missed the version of Muvizu which allows a character's actions to be keyframed?

It's an add on - http://www.muvizu.com/Pack/18/Key-framing-expansion-pack

...and, I should clarify, it works for objects/cameras/lights/etc, but not character actions - character properties yes, but not actions.
edited by ziggy72 on 03/06/2016
03/06/2016 15:22:45

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I agree that there are a whole BUNCH of things that would make Muvizu easier to use. Anybody who has used other animation software knows that most of it must be possible, because other programmers have figured out how to do it in other products.

And even the limitations imposed by a game engine wouldn't prohibit most of these ideas, because game characters are dynamically moved with joysticks and controllers, which means it all has to be parametric. If an action in a game can be maintained as long as some button is held down, then it should be possible to drag the tail of a recorded action on the timeline to make it last longer. It is absolutely MADDENING for people who use timelines with that feature in many other programs to NOT have a the same functionality here.

Having said all that, I think the reason we don't see more changes is because the software is practically free, and there's not enough income being generated to justify a whole team of developers like many other companies have. It's a small company, and I'm guessing the staff is quite small, and all of the people wear many hats... which means, if any of them got overloaded and left the company it would probably leave a significant hole ... and maybe even the loss of a single key person could undermine the whole show. Who knows, I'm just speculating here based on what I've seen in other work environments.

When Jamie answered my request for subdirectories under the main FAVOURITES directory by saying that was probably not going to happen... such a simple thing in any programming language.... that suggested to me that it isn't about what's possible as much as it is about work load. I'm guessing whoever makes new things happen already has a long to-do list, and they don't want to add to it. Again, I'm speculating here.

I like the software, and I consider myself to be an 'idea" person... I love discussing ideas for product improvement. As a manufacturing engineer, that's what I did. But I get the distinct feeling that Muvuzu isn't looking for more ideas. They surely already have plenty of things they're working on, and other peoples' ideas introduce a bottomless pit of "scope creep" (the addition of new unquoted features in a project that eventually makes the cost exceed the budget)

Therefore, I won't be making any more suggestions. But I will read and totally enjoy the ideas served up by anyone else. I love ideas, and I have great respect for the mind that conceives innovation.
03/06/2016 16:18:22

MrDrWho13
I think you've hit the nail on the head there, Pat.
The devs have quite a lot on their to-do list. A few years ago they had a physical post-it note board with the suggestions but they rapidly outgrew this with the number of suggestions and lack of resources. To have more features added, they'd need to employ more staff, which means the cost of Muvizu would increase rather dramatically.
However, I would certainly like to see what's currently in the works vs what's highest on the current to-do lists but, unfortunately, I doubt they'd release this information.
03/06/2016 16:26:02

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
MrDrWho13 wrote:

However, I would certainly like to see what's currently in the works vs what's highest on the current to-do lists but, unfortunately, I doubt they'd release this information.

we need to find a covert agent who lives in or near Glasgow to "drop in" and casually look at the bulletin board... then report back to the rest of us. ;-)

Know anybody? ;-)
03/06/2016 16:29:49

MrDrWho13
PatMarrNC wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:

we need to find a covert agent who lives in or near Glasgow to "drop in" and casually look at the bulletin board... then report back to the rest of us. ;-)
Know anybody? ;-)

Sounds good. Agent Dragon perhaps?
Quiet
03/06/2016 18:51:14

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
speaking of which.. is the Muvizu headquarters open to visitors? If I ever travel to Scotland to research my ancestry, do they let wild-eyed foreigners inside to look around?
03/06/2016 18:52:36

MrDrWho13
PatMarrNC wrote:
speaking of which.. is the Muvizu headquarters open to visitors? If I ever travel to Scotland to research my ancestry, do they let wild-eyed foreigners inside to look around?

They used to, perhaps that's something to ask Jamie. Might be a change from "Add more features" or "Help my Muvizu is ded"
04/06/2016 02:00:13

primaveranz
primaveranz
ziggy72 wrote:
primaveranz wrote:

It's an add on - http://www.muvizu.com/Pack/18/Key-framing-expansion-pack

...and, I should clarify, it works for objects/cameras/lights/etc, but not character actions - character properties yes, but not actions.
edited by ziggy72 on 03/06/2016

Err yes that was exactly my point
04/06/2016 16:40:18

Rocque
Rocque
PatMarrNC wrote:

My solution to this is that we all help Pat move to Scotland! I hear it is beautiful and a great place to live since there are no Income Taxes! I wonder what the cost of living is there? Pat can be our covert worker...yes, we will even send in so many support tickets requesting that they hire you part time, or full time (your choice, but I think the pay might consist of sword fighting lessons). However once there, you will be posting in the forum to let us know what the future for Muvizu looks like.

Your mission will also include setting up a home for homeless animators, who want to relocate to an environment more conducive to creativity.

How many will support this task? Lets hear it for Pat McMarr!
04/06/2016 16:42:20

MrDrWho13
Rocque wrote:
I hear it is beautiful and a great place to live

Especially if you love rain! When I went up a few years ago, they informed me that it's only sunny one week per year if you're lucky.
04/06/2016 17:30:17

Rocque
Rocque
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Rocque wrote:
I hear it is beautiful and a great place to live

Especially if you love rain! When I went up a few years ago, they informed me that it's only sunny one week per year if you're lucky.

I guess then you stay inside making animations or Lego projects. Or Lego movies. Ha. I could use some rainy weather.
05/06/2016 01:59:44

primaveranz
primaveranz
Neither the tax or rain comments are actually correct, but I must admit I emigrated to in New Zealand where it is much warmer. And we even win at rugby more often than not
05/06/2016 04:52:07

Rocque
Rocque
primaveranz wrote:
Neither the tax or rain comments are actually correct, but I must admit I emigrated to in New Zealand where it is much warmer. And we even win at rugby more often than not

So you are living in New Zealand? I would like to live there better than Scotland. I wonder if they would take in someone from the US? However, we need to get Muvizu to relocate, too.
13/06/2016 10:23:57

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Well, to stay a bit on topic here, if this gets through to the developers at all. What I would like to see in muvizu to name a few:

• keyframed movement and rotation separated on the timeline and also rotation on all three axes
  • a move, rotate and scale gizmo on selected objects.
  • keyframed movement and rotation of groups, of characters, of head and eye-movement and open / close mouth
  • ability to trim actions at beginning and end on the timeline
  • keyframed actions of characters (hopefully if possible, keyframed poses (IK) with transitions in between)
  • dialogue system with more than one audioclip per character and movable blocks on the timeline, more like the soundeffects.
  • keyframed animation control of hands, like orientation, rotation, open, grab, etc
  • import of 2D flash and gif animations in textures, camera overlay, ...
  • more actions, like getting up from a lying position, falling, jumping, climbing, driving, normalized running
13/06/2016 10:42:34

MrDrWho13
ikes wrote:
Well, to stay a bit on topic here, if this gets through to the developers at all.

I'll try to give work arounds for a few of these but they're all pretty good feature suggestions.
a move, rotate and scale gizmo on selected objects.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this. Do you want to animate the scale and stuff or are you saying there should be separate controls for each of these things while setting up? If you want to animate scale there's a chance you can by directing properties.
keyframed movement and rotation of groups, of characters, of head and eye-movement and open / close mouth

You can keyframe each object separately and they'll all move together. (Not too sure about rotation though). Not an elegant solution but it's what we have for now.
import of 2D flash and gif animations in textures, camera overlay, ...

You can, in theory, import transparency enabled avi files on to backdrops, so I assume you can also use this for any available texture slot. (It's very picky with codecs though)

That's all I have in terms of work arounds right now. It might be a while for Muvizu to implement any of these features properly.
13/06/2016 11:44:32

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Hi MrDrWho,

Thanks for your reply.

By a gizmo I mean for more precise movement and rotation control on axes. Scaling is not really necessary, but it would be nice to have a bigger scaling range than the sliders do.

I did try AVI as animated textures, but it gives me a kind of washed out look, no cristal clear images. I am sure I do something wrong with the codecs, it gave me all kinds of scrambled clips with different settings. What would be nice though is to be able to import translucent movies to overlay on the camera to orientate the scene camera to the movie.
13/06/2016 11:46:35

MrDrWho13
It would probably be easier to do the overlay in an external video editor where you don't need to worry about codecs etc.
However, it is less direct which makes it slightly harder to line things up, and to see what it will look like.
21/06/2016 09:22:54

primaveranz
primaveranz
And another thing!
Being able to apply transparent textures to the body to mask out limbs etc. It would make Muvizu far more useful to me in the medical sphere.
21/06/2016 11:12:55

ziggy72
primaveranz wrote:
And another thing!
Being able to apply transparent textures to the body to mask out limbs etc. It would make Muvizu far more useful to me in the medical sphere.

You can do this with the 'new' characters (Mandy, Heroine, etc) but not the 'potato heads'. You just set their top to None, or legs, hands, etc.
21/06/2016 11:39:29

primaveranz
primaveranz
ziggy72 wrote:
primaveranz wrote:
And another thing!

You can do this with the 'new' characters (Mandy, Heroine, etc) but not the 'potato heads'. You just set their top to None, or legs, hands, etc.

You can't remove the head though?
21/06/2016 12:22:08

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
"you can't remove the head?"

I wish! If the head could be made invisible while the legs were still visible, we could use the legs-only to create quadrapeds!
But, the answer to your question is: "no, the head's visibility can't be turned off"
27/06/2016 07:29:51

primaveranz
primaveranz
It seems to me that given that Muvizu is built on the Unreal engine that it should be possible for us to create our own animations.

There are only two reasons I can see that would prevent this.
a). That the Muvizu architecture has made too many proprietary changes to allow this to work easily or
b). that Digimania don't want to allow us to do this.

If it is a). then Muvizu will just die of it's own accord like other movies softwares (or at least slip into a moribund coma) because serious users will eventually "hit the wall" of what they can achieve and start looking elsewhere. It is a self-fulfilling situation in that, less sales means less staff and less development so less sales etc.

However if it is b). Then they need to review their game plan.

Moviestorm hit the rocks due to a slightly different issue i.e. choosing the dying Cal3D file format as its base. It is possible to create animations for it but only really if you can afford 3ds Max (or are one of the huge number of people with an illegal "cracked" copy) and even then it is a tortuous process to get anything into MS.

However Unreal is modern and still well-supported and there is a free (if archane) tool available to create animations for it -Blender.

So I am begging Digimania (for their own good as well as ours) to allow us to create our own animations for use in-game. If they fear loss of sales let them look at the Reallusion approach which seems to be working pretty well for them.

Even sell us an in-game tool which allows us to keyframe animations. Anything. Just open the doors and let us in so we can get this Party started for real!

Would love to hear a Staff reply to this one!
edited by primaveranz on 27/06/2016
27/06/2016 14:00:16

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I'd like to see a staff member's response to your question too.

<opinion>

Although I agree with most of what you said, I think predicting the demise of Muvizu for the reason above fails to account for a lot of other factors that I believe will keep it alive for quite some time.

Whereas it may be true that Professional animators (and even serious amateurs) will hit a dead end eventually with Muvizu and move on to other solutions, it's worth noting that they aren't Muvizu's core demographic. There are already a bunch of high end animation packages competing for the business of a handful of pros... but there's a whole WORLD full of amateurs on a limited budget who want to try their hand at animation, and Muvizu is head and shoulders above anybody else in terms of "bang for the buck"

The companies at most risk of going under are those who have invested deeply in the pro market, because there is already too much supply for the demand. At the entry level, where Muvizu excels, the sheer number of people passing through and buying it for under $50 to try for a while before moving on could be a never ending stream if it's marketed correctly.

It's easier to find ten customers for a reasonably priced product than it is to find one customer for a product that costs ten times more.

I say all this because I've incorrectly predicted the demise of several products and services through the years, and in each case the factor I failed to consider was that the product or service appealed to a HUGE entry level demographic. At that level it doesn't matter if its the BEST product... what matters is accessibility, ease of learning and enough functionality to keep people interested for at least a year. Muvizu has all that.

During the year of interest, people will buy accessories , keep the forum active etc. The trick is to keep new people flowing through the cycle.

</opinion>
27/06/2016 18:52:15

primaveranz
primaveranz
Good points Pat, But I just hope that if we visit this thread in 12 months I will be proved wrong and the staff will be all over this forum like they used to be. The Moviestorm forums used to be very active (and occasionally wild) but the first two questions that often came up were "Where do I get children actors?" and (for some reason that I never fathomed) "How do I put my own face on a puppet?". The latter question was (partially) addressed years too late and the first never question never was (despite the repeated cries of many of the oldies) which meant newbs often left after a couple of posts.
I see a lot of newbs asking "How do I get my own animations into Muvizu" and it just reminds me.

I do hope the staff answer about the possibility of an animation building tool.
27/06/2016 19:29:33

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
primaveranz wrote:

I do hope the staff answer about the possibility of an animation building tool.

that would indeed be cool! You'll be everybody's hero if you manage to talk the Muvizu dev team into adding that feature!
10/07/2016 14:59:46

unlimitedmagic
unlimitedmagic
I'd love to see an incremental MOVE / ROTATE function. This would work with the arrow keys or some other set of keys instead of having to use the mouse to position objects. OR have I just missed this somewhere?
31/07/2016 04:59:38

primaveranz
primaveranz
Latest on my wish list - more "Begin" "Loop" and "End" animations
e.g. Begin using Mobile phone - Actor stays with phone to his ear, then you can use "Loop" to show some related natural movements and finally "End" when the call is over.
This ability to start and end animations would make up for the crucial missing functionality in Muvizu, to stretch or cut animation blocks on the timeline.
31/07/2016 05:22:47

Rocque
Rocque
primaveranz wrote:
Latest on my wish list - more "Begin" "Loop" and "End" animations
e.g. Begin using Mobile phone - Actor stays with phone to his ear, then you can use "Loop" to show some related natural movements and finally "End" when the call is over.
This ability to start and end animations would make up for the crucial missing functionality in Muvizu, to stretch or cut animation blocks on the timeline.

That would be so nice. I like the variety of actions, but being able to set the duration in Muvizu would be a real benefit. Only when you look frame by frame can you see some of the parts of the action and to set the duration you have to use the off site editors, and that lengthens the time it takes to create the animation and the possibility of really messing up your animation. I start over a whole lot when film editing.
edited by Rocque on 31/07/2016
01/08/2016 05:01:02

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
after beating my head against a wall for most of the weekend, I finally have a feature that I want added badly enough to make a pest of myself in order to get it: a snap function for backdrops.

In fact, there should be a toggle for it so snap can be turned off if you don't want it. But basically, if you get two backdrops within a certain distance from one another, I want the edges to connect and stay there.

I'd also like the backdrops to stop acting like a 4 year old who's being tickled when you try to move them.
01/08/2016 10:03:44

MrDrWho13
PatMarrNC wrote:
after beating my head against a wall for most of the weekend, I finally have a feature that I want added badly enough to make a pest of myself in order to get it: a snap function for backdrops.

In fact, there should be a toggle for it so snap can be turned off if you don't want it. But basically, if you get two backdrops within a certain distance from one another, I want the edges to connect and stay there.

I'd also like the backdrops to stop acting like a 4 year old who's being tickled when you try to move them.

And the snapping should have an option to align the walls in a straight line.
01/08/2016 13:43:37

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
And the snapping should have an option to align the walls in a straight line.

EXACTLY! Now that you mention it, an angle parameter would make it really useful.

zero degrees would connect them in a straight line, +/- 90 degrees would connect them as a corner

Plus, there should be another option that lets you win the lottery if you have it checked, because that's about the same likelihood as getting a snap function for backdrops. ;-)
02/08/2016 23:28:13

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
if a utility character can't be provided (one that can be invisible while its attachments are not, and which preferably has attachment points for all the major bones ..so we can attach models to thigh, lower leg, feet, forearm, upper arm etc)

... then the next best thing would be a new action that forces the characters arms against its body so they don't swing outside any attachments while walking. Ikes has already pointed out the OBJECT restricts the movement, but it still requires space and the arms could stick out of some attachments
02/08/2016 23:38:32

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
PatMarrNC wrote:
if a utility character can't be provided (one that can be invisible while its attachments are not, and which preferably has attachment points for all the major bones ..so we can attach models to thigh, lower leg, feet, forearm, upper arm etc)

... then the next best thing would be a new action that forces the characters arms against its body so they don't swing outside any attachments while walking. Ikes has already pointed out the OBJECT restricts the movement, but it still requires space and the arms could stick out of some attachments

Well, there is also the handcuffed action, wich puts his arms along the side. You can actually get quite some bizar (arm) movements, if you do certain actions before a walk. Try the falling or dancing actions. Quite funny.
03/08/2016 01:04:21

ziggy72
Hey, I just posted about the same action before I saw this (but in relation to chickens).
03/08/2016 02:22:11

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ikes wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:

Well, there is also the handcuffed action, wich puts his arms along the side. You can actually get quite some bizar (arm) movements, if you do certain actions before a walk. Try the falling or dancing actions. Quite funny.

thanks again Ikes! That's useful knowledge!
11/08/2016 16:55:53

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
recent threads have made me want a new feature:
the ability to assign two (or more) different attachments to the same socket, then toggle between them with keyframes.

This would open a LOT of potential in ways too numerous to list

-------------------------------------------
edited by PatMarrNC on 11/08/2016
16/12/2016 06:10:59

mjluser2
mjluser2
MrDrWho13 wrote:
primaveranz wrote:

This seems quite easy in my head, but the staff have yet to comment on if this is possible. Currently the little clips are keyframed in by the devs with set intervals between each tiny movement to build up the whole movement. It would need to be possible to have this as a variable timing.

There is an easy alternative that would be very helpful. We can already slide actions around on the timeline and delete them. Could we at least delete one action and insert a new one? For example, I decide a Wave is too expressive and want to replace it with Conversation 1. As far as I have discovered so far, the only way to replace an action with another is to rerecord the entire timeline for that character.

If insertions were allowed, then an action could be stretched by inserting multiple instances of the same action. An action could be compressed by deleting it and inserting a shorten duration for the same action. With delete/insertion, the micromotions of an action would not need to be changed. The only differences would be the user interactions for defining what action to insert when.

I am a newbie to Muvizu and am very thankful to have it to use. Kudos to the sponsors, developers, and users who contribute to the site. Your excellent work is very much appreciated!
edited by mjluser2 on 16/12/2016
02/03/2017 13:57:46

Witchy
Witchy
In addition to what has already been mentioned I'd like to see the ability to save grouped objects as favourites
03/03/2017 05:13:14

doby
doby
clayster2012 wrote:
I have already accomplished the turning wheel in key frame, in your modeling program you have to make sure you have the axis in the right position before you import it into muvizu, if we removed the physics from muvizu then we wouldn't have gravity which I myself find very useful,it saves us the time of animating a falling object and makes the job easier for all of us, the collision is useful also, what if we wanted something to impact with another object or when it falls and hit the ground, without collision the object will keep going, no impact, so at the point of collision that would be a cue point to animate or add an effect, and that's where your video editing software comes handy,but if I was to change anything for the collision, that would be to add a feature that will allow us to adjust the physic and collision, also you have to remember the purpose of muvizu, its was aimed at those who don't know much about animation, and gives a helpful push to those who always wanted to animated their own cartoon, you take that away from muvizu then you take away the ability to animate from those who needs it, so leave the actions in there, they are most needed, I'm sure the muvizu team have plans to add more actions, I have no problems with the timeline and see nothing that should be changed, for the dialogue to be multi, it is possible, i have done it in Alien grey, unless you want the character to say different thing at the same time, and for action in the time lines, not sure what you mean, but the further you place the key frames in the timeline the slower the animation will be, the closer the faster it will, if that's what you mean, i'm not trying to be a butt, but muvizu wasn't meant only for advance users, it was meant to help people do something that the always wanted to and didn't have the money to take learning classes, in fact muvizu is a class in it's self, so if muvizu isn't something that suits your needs then I would say look at toon Boom or some other advance animating software.

I agree wholeheartedly Clayster. Well put.
03/03/2017 14:19:42

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
PatMarrNC wrote:
recent threads have made me want a new feature:
the ability to assign two (or more) different attachments to the same socket, then toggle between them with keyframes.

This would open a LOT of potential in ways too numerous to list

reading thru this old thread, I rediscovered this old wish item. Based on demos made by Ikes and Rodrisilva, this would be totally possible with textures. Simply model two objects together but export as one object, each with its own texture. As one unified object, two (or more) shapes could be applied to the same attachment socket. Then the textures could be swapped as needed to alpha-remove the shape you don't want to see, and color the shape you want to be visible.
03/03/2017 21:05:30

primaveranz
primaveranz
doby wrote:

Another very useful post from Doby...oh wait a minute ...he hasn't made any so far.

My spidey sense tingles and tells me that the only people who agree with Clayster these days, are him and his imaginary son who is still at "Collage" (sic) . But thanks for the post....Dobyster. Big Grin
03/03/2017 22:07:31

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
primaveranz wrote:
doby wrote:

Another very useful post from Doby...oh wait a minute ...he hasn't made any so far.

My spidey sense tingles and tells me that the only people who agree with Clayster these days, are him and his imaginary son who is still at "Collage" (sic) . But thanks for the post....Dobyster. Big Grin

I am too old to play these games, but when you accuse me of lying about having a son well that draws the line, I have 4 wonderful kids two girls and two boys, two is in collage, one in the 12th grade and one in the 11th, here for a while I was ignoring stupid remarks and just kept quiet, but when you say I make up my kids then I'll step in and say something, you can say all you want about me I don't care, but never say anything about me making up my kids, and another thing Doby may not have any good post right now but doesn't mean he/she ever wont, and never assume he/she never will because you maybe surprised!
edited by clayster2012 on 03/03/2017
03/03/2017 23:34:02

primaveranz
primaveranz
You are quite right Clayster, I apologise for doubting the existence of your son.
But I would suggest that you send his siblings to a better educational institution. Unless they are keen on learning craft-based hobbies .
edited by primaveranz on 03/03/2017
04/03/2017 04:30:06

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
primaveranz wrote:
You are quite right Clayster, I apologise for doubting the existence of your son.
But I would suggest that you send his siblings to a better educational institution. Unless they are keen on learning craft-based hobbies .
edited by primaveranz on 03/03/2017

Apology excepted, not sure what you mean by that remark but they have already been selected by the finest Collages and have been given scholarships,so they are much set for their future educations,also I think you owe Doby an Apology for the remarks you made about him/her because to me that made him/her sound a little out of place here on the forum, you don't have to make useful post to be here on the forum in fact you really don't have to post at all, and if they did then they have the freedom to post their take on any topic even if its agreeing with someone or just posting their thoughts of any topic, also I want to add is when you make rude and uncalled for remarks about anyone really is uncalled for and makes you no better then other people who dose it, we all make mistakes even if it was wrong but you know what, we learn from our mistakes and try not to do them again even if the wrong was done to me, but I still forgive just like I forgive you and still willing to be your friend and forget about it!

Have a bless night!
edited by clayster2012 on 04/03/2017
04/03/2017 06:49:03

ritsmer
ritsmer
primaveranz wrote:
...But I would suggest that you send his siblings to a better educational institution...

Explanasjon, plase
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Feedback ? Things I'd like to see in Muvizu.