Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Help with Audio.

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
22/06/2016 10:04:17

primaveranz
primaveranz
I recorded a dialogue track directly into Audacity and it sounds fine. I exported it as a .Wav file and brought it into Muvizu. However when I play it there I am getting a strange cricket chirruping sound that starts after a few seconds. I then tried re-recording as a .MP3 but get the same thing. I have also tried various volume levels but it happens every time.
Has anyone experienced this and knows the cure?
22/06/2016 11:11:14

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Is it just in Muvizu you get the strange sound? Maybe the codec you used to export or is it the same inside the program? If the audio file sound fine outside Muvizu, just render the video out of Muvizu, mute it in an external video editor and then put the original sound back in here.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 22/06/2016
22/06/2016 11:34:20

primaveranz
primaveranz
Yeah I'm just going to render as an image sequence and add the audio back in in Post.
But I'd be interested in why this is occurring. I have made other Muvizu movies and not had this issue. Admittedly they were with earlier versions of Muvizu.
22/06/2016 16:14:42

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I'm just guessing crazy stuff here... but really not THAT crazy...

I'm assuming you spoke the dialog into a mic and recorded it in audacity. Is it possible there was a real cricket in the room when you were recording? Our brains tend to ignore background noises to the point that we don't notice them anymore.. but the mic misses nothing. The reason why recording studios have isolation rooms for the singer is to make sure no ambient sound can creep into the track. It's a common occurrence, especially in the realm of home recording.

Another common thing in home studios is noise that's introduced when a motor of some kind turns on... like maybe the air conditioner, furnace, dishwasher etc. Depending on how the house is wired and which circuit your recording gear is using, you can pick up a high pitched electronic whine due to interference from other circuit activity.

Another thing that has happened to me is that I forgot to remove an audio file from a set when I reused it for a new scene. It happened to be in the same section as my new audio, so part way through my new audio I heard unexpected background noise.

And of course, when I can't find any assignable cause, I blame it on gremlins. The gremlin population must be pretty high where I live, because unexplainable crazy-a$$ stuff happens to me all the time. ;-)
26/06/2016 06:29:26

primaveranz
primaveranz
PatMarrNC wrote:

I'm assuming you spoke the dialog into a mic and recorded it in audacity. Is it possible there was a real cricket in the room when you were recording?

Sadly no, it plays fine in Audacity, the cricket only appear in Muvizu. So I'm guessing Gremlins it is
26/06/2016 15:01:58

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
primaveranz wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:

I'm assuming you spoke the dialog into a mic and recorded it in audacity. Is it possible there was a real cricket in the room when you were recording?

Sadly no, it plays fine in Audacity, the cricket only appear in Muvizu. So I'm guessing Gremlins it is

Sounds like (pun unintentional) you could be having problems with your audio drivers. You might want to try updating them, and maybe your video drivers for good measure since that might be handling sound and Muvizu really pushes it.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Help with Audio.