Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Heaven Bound Test Render

pages: 1 2 3 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
17/08/2016 07:58:24

unlimitedmagic
unlimitedmagic
Working on flight now...
19/08/2016 15:36:51

Rocque
Rocque
tonyob67 wrote:

Sad story , my father died , I hope to see him in a place like that.

Nice indoor sets...

Did he ever get to fly?

I have had dreams about both my father and mother in heaven, as well as a dog, and a co-worker. This video brings in some of the feelings of my dreams. Maybe once I get better at this I can animate the dreams. Or maybe I should write it out and let Robert animate it.

I am glad you are still working on this project, Robert.
20/08/2016 21:42:24

unlimitedmagic
unlimitedmagic
This is the next scene. Still have some lyp sink issues.
21/08/2016 04:59:10

Rocque
Rocque
I liked that. Too funny!! I will let the experts add their technical help. The dialog was great.
21/08/2016 15:08:50

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
If moving the audio on the video editor's timeline doesn't give you a decent enough 'fit' for the sync, you need to use the talk/shush commands to clip the points where their lips are still moving - if you have a deep, well recorded voice like you have then Muvizu picks up on everything (reverb and decay) and you get mouth flutter. Another option (which I use) is to make a special version of the audio with every bit of slack space 'between' words muted out. This is used only for Muvizu to get a better lip sync (but will still sync up with your original untouched audio when you bring it into the editor). I did this for my last video because William Burroughs has a deep, resonant voice and it gave Muvizu problems.
21/08/2016 15:29:04

unlimitedmagic
unlimitedmagic
Hey Ziggy,

Yeah, I edit two audio tracks and assign them to the individual characters without any effects. I'm still wondering if I get a slight deviation because of 25fps PAL format versus 29.97 or 30 fps on the editor. I'm still investigating it but the results aren't too bad with a little editing. I really wanted to do the contest but wanted to put the available time toward the project - looked interesting!
21/08/2016 15:35:00

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
robert-j-ladrach wrote:
Hey Ziggy,
I'm still wondering if I get a slight deviation because of 25fps PAL format versus 29.97 or 30 fps on the editor. I'm still investigating it but the results aren't too bad with a little editing. I really wanted to do the contest but wanted to put the available time toward the project - looked interesting!

recording at 25fps then editing at 30 fps will definitely lead to synch problems. For short bursts like conversation you can work around it with a little patience... for music sound tracks you really need to record and edit at the same fps.

One of the unexpected perks of switching from Adobe Premiere Elements to HitFilm was that HitFilm has multiple 25fps editing templates, whereas all my templates in Premiere were 30 fps (They could be changed, but that's just another step... and easy works for me!)

-----------------------------------
edited by PatMarrNC on 21/08/2016
21/08/2016 15:54:02

ziggy72
Yeah, make everything the same as your source (25fps) - you can always up the frame rate later, when you're done, but you can't go changing frame rates on Muvizu without problems.
27/08/2016 14:45:25

unlimitedmagic
unlimitedmagic

Heaven Bound Revelation Concert Test Render.

This is a quick test render for the final scene. Tried to add more effects, but it closed down the software. Will have to build separate close up sets to do most of the detail as there isn't enough memory to put everything in at once.

29/08/2016 08:50:16

unlimitedmagic
unlimitedmagic
Created some rough camera movements and ran a single pass at selecting them. Some changes will be switching out the video after the first verse on the rotating column, smoothing out the camera movements and shots, cutting in a scene when the rotating column curtain drops revealing the Throne of Grace, and working on more lighting/effects/colors/timing. Adding audio ambience and vast crowd cheering and singing the last verses.

This scene comes at the very end of the film - turned Revelation 4 into a concert in a vast stadium. Took a break from making fixes and the linear narrative to work on this scene. Thought it one of the hardest to tackle and I've heard that you should always work on your ending first whether writing a book or making a movie - this gives you a clear idea of what you're working towards.

29/08/2016 14:24:21

ziggy72
That's nicely done, but wouldn't it be better to have the laser beams coming from above, so you can't see them erupting from nothing behind her? The upward snow is a nice effect too, but you can replace the white ball with something else (and it won't add to the CPU load). Maybe try a little star or sparkle-type PNG instead. You might also want something between the stage and the stands, to fake a bit of depth/distance - you don't want it to look like she's a giant performing to midgets! Also, the central 'screen' cylinder is grey - the videos are always going to be washed out looking anyway (due to Muvizu's mishandling of AVIs) so maybe make the cylinder white instead. Or do it in Hitfilm
29/08/2016 17:30:33

unlimitedmagic
unlimitedmagic
Good suggestions, I was thinking about the DOF on the close ups - I'm thinking of making a curtain texture for the cylinder with the video screen overlaid.

Thanks again ziggy!
01/09/2016 17:26:06

unlimitedmagic
unlimitedmagic
So here's the next test render. Per Ziggy's suggestions, I changed the upside down snow to sparkles (which rendered more like little stars), tried to add the DOF setting to the close up cameras but they got stomped on by the laser effects. Maybe it's a rising heat effect? : ) Also added some light objects to the stage but it still doesn't work for me - thinking more about some sort of low curb or banister to hide the laser emitter bases. I know the issue of the singer looks giant compared to the stadium - I already am running at a fairly small scale all the way around to fit it under the sky dome, I might try making the stadium set pieces larger next render but from past experience they tend to hit the sides of the dome and then bounce around destroying everything else in the scene. I might just leave it - only one shot really bothers me about it. I want to take a crack at the video texture on the two curved screens next.

I like the idea of doing everything I can in Muvizu itself. It's a fascinating challenge to make things work with the limitations. It's always fun to find a new way of doing something that adds dimension or expands the capability of the software. BTW has anyone noticed the limits on the cameras seems to be higher than before?

Bob

01/09/2016 18:32:28

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
looking very impressive from here! Good job!
26/09/2016 01:34:53

unlimitedmagic
unlimitedmagic
Here's a test render from the library scene and the porch scene. I had 9 cameras going in the library and it was done as a single sequence. The glove was not covering his hand although I tried several sizes, it's about as good as I could get. I had a problem that I needed Joe to walk up to the table and see his glove yet the distance was so short, Muvizu wouldn't let me trigger the walk cycle. Seems he's got to take at least 3 steps minimum. When I adjusted the end point of the cycle, it put him outside the set through the back wall. So to solve this I used 2 Joe models - one you see standing next to Dad and one that is not visible outside the door with the walk cycle. I make Joe disappear when the camera is off of him and the other Joe becomes visible when he walks into frame. The same thing happens with the glove on the stand. It's visible until Joe reaches for it out of camera frame then I make it not visible and make the one on his hand visible. Worked pretty well I thought.

The outdoor scene is covered in detail here.

26/09/2016 01:58:36

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Love the lavish sets! and the firefly trick worked very well.. especially in conjunction with the flies effect user the strong lighting.

Do you model all your own assets? You have some very nice things going in in your project!
26/09/2016 03:13:01

unlimitedmagic
unlimitedmagic
Wish I could say I model that well, but no. Usually hack 3D warehouse stuff from Sketchup. Lots of texture re-mapping, slicing, scaling, and chopping. Finally figured out how to export 2-sided textures to FBX, didn't realize there was an options button on the export. The rest is mostly photoshop select and deleting background from interesting images. I did find a neat trick where if you search Google for 360 or Spherical images, you can get really nice skydome assets that only need to be re-sized. The rest I'm trying to push Muvizu to do most in program. It's really a neat piece of software, I love the challenge. I think the physics capability of the Unreal engine is under-used, just haven't found the perfect need for it yet.
26/09/2016 04:30:32

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Finally figured out how to export 2-sided textures to FBX, didn't realize there was an options button on the export.

can you say a little more about this? I've just spent the weekend beating my head against the wall trying to bring 3DWarehouse models into Muvizu with no luck at all. I can load them into other 3D programs and the look OK, but when I make FBXs out of them using Blender, I must be doing something wrong.

Are you using Blender? Where is the setting for 2 sided?
26/09/2016 06:24:06

tonyob67
tonyob67
PatMarrNC wrote:
Finally figured out how to export 2-sided textures to FBX, didn't realize there was an options button on the export.

can you say a little more about this? I've just spent the weekend beating my head against the wall trying to bring 3DWarehouse models into Muvizu with no luck at all. I can load them into other 3D programs and the look OK, but when I make FBXs out of them using Blender, I must be doing something wrong.

Are you using Blender? Where is the setting for 2 sided?

He most be usin sketchup, and the setting most be the one on the bottom of the import object, the one that says *Dos lados* like the picture bellow..........I think

26/09/2016 08:19:41

unlimitedmagic
unlimitedmagic
Right, Sketchup.
edited by unlimitedmagic on 26/09/2016
pages: 1 2 3 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Heaven Bound Test Render