Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Pat Marr's Contest: Entries due by Sept 15

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
04/09/2016 22:43:47

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
christian_clavet wrote:
Wow! I've just read the whole thread as I've missed it! Really cool contest! Thanks a lot Pat for showing us new tricks! I liked them all! Still I don't quite understand how the T-REX could be animated in Muvizu!
edited by christian_clavet on 04/09/2016

Hi Christian,

You can animate the T-rex with the walk in place checked on for walking and animate the background. You can let him walk a short distance, but you have to keep in mind that his legs will slip on the floor. On a long distance it would be very noticeable. You can control the head / neck by directing the character head movement. The open and close jaw is done with keyframing the visibility of the different meshes, as well as the eyes with different textures.
Down at this page there is some more explanation. http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic5866-surprise-in-the-park.aspx
06/09/2016 23:48:44

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
More prizes on the way! Clayster is making a Raptor to go with Ikes' T-Rex... not sure yet whether everybody who submits an entry will get the raptor or whether it will be a prize for one level of winner.

Also, I'm working on some stuff that might be ready by the time the contest closes on Sunday the 18th at midnight GMT (7 pm US Eastern time)

We only have 3 submissions so far... so there's still time to get something in the contest!
07/09/2016 15:01:25

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
11.5 days left until the end of the contest!

PLENTY of time to whip something together, even if you haven't started yet! Rapid development is Muvizu's core strength... if you can't do SOMETHING in 11 days with Muvizu... well... good thing you don't use any of the other animation packages!
11/09/2016 01:18:03

zayha
zayha
ok Pat, here's my entry " Thomas Tomas" it's a skit about a customer looking for an employee through another employee and their interaction, enjoy . Jose Zayas aka Zayha
edited by zayha on 11/09/2016
11/09/2016 15:22:52

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
AWESOME!

First of all... welcome to the Muvizu forum! I recognize your name and closing credits from the Facebook Amateur Animators group! I'm reserving any comment on submissions until the contest ends, at which time I'll review each of the videos to the extent of my ability.

It's especially good to see somebody here who is proficient in other animation software. A recurring topic on the forum is how to to combine the strengths of many products in our projects.
11/09/2016 21:35:08

zayha
zayha
PatMarrNC wrote:
AWESOME!

First of all... welcome to the Muvizu forum! I recognize your name and closing credits from the Facebook Amateur Animators group! I'm reserving any comment on submissions until the contest ends, at which time I'll review each of the videos to the extent of my ability.

It's especially good to see somebody here who is proficient in other animation software. A recurring topic on the forum is how to to combine the strengths of many products in our projects.

just being able to green screen alone opens up a nice avenue to use other programs, special effects and live video. Muvizu is fun to play with and lets you get ideas out pretty quick
12/09/2016 14:40:52

Rocque
Rocque
Here is my contest entry. It is my project for Week 4 in Future Learn and Hit Film's Guerrilla Film Maker Course. That was a fun course.
The project uses a lot of different elements from Hit Film 4 Pro (but you could do a lot of it with the free one).

I used a lot of masking techniques and green screen, too. I still have a lot to learn, but wanted to have an entry to Pat's contest. Thanks for hosting a contest with a lot of interest Pat, and all the prize contributors.

12/09/2016 18:50:46

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Rocque wrote:
Here is my contest entry. It is my project for Week 4 in Future Learn and Hit Film's Guerrilla Film Maker Course. That was a fun course.
The project uses a lot of different elements from Hit Film 4 Pro (but you could do a lot of it with the free one).

I used a lot of masking techniques and green screen, too. I still have a lot to learn, but wanted to have an entry to Pat's contest. Thanks for hosting a contest with a lot of interest Pat, and all the prize contributors.

Yayy! Rocque came through with a contest submission! (comments to follow the end of the contest!)

you finished with a week to spare! You should feel proud of yourself!

(By the way, how did you make the particle-based mummy?)

----------------------------------------------------
edited by PatMarrNC on 12/09/2016
13/09/2016 00:42:29

Rocque
Rocque
The particle based Mummy was the way I decided to take care of a Mummy that would not track right through the scene. This was my 5th attempt at getting the Mummy to only go in one direction and to stay on the ground. I tried by masking the layer so only he was being moved, and then setting up a path changing the x, y, and z values to have him stay on the ground and not disappear and show up again elsewhere. I should add here some of those attempts so you can see what I am talking about. Maybe someone has a solution.

Finally I was testing out a variety of effects and found the Atomic Particle that can be manipulated along the frames. That seemed to solve the problem, but I still want to figure out where the original mistake was.

The flame was another problem because it kept moving off the barrel, so I had to figure out how to get it to stay in place. Phew.
13/09/2016 06:56:04

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Hey everyone here's a picture of the raptor set that Pat will be giving as a prize, just thought I would give everyone a gander of it, it will come with everything you see!

13/09/2016 15:21:42

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
clayster2012 wrote:
Hey everyone here's a picture of the raptor set that Pat will be giving as a prize, just thought I would give everyone a gander of it, it will come with everything you see!

Your raptor set looks AWESOME Clayster!!

Everyone who enters a submission to the contest will get Clayster's raptor AND Ikes' T-rex.... so you'll have a pretty good head start if you want to make a dinosaur related story in Muvizu!

But more than getting two cool characters... I hope everybody appreciates just how clever both of these creatures are. They are worth studying to see what kind of outside-the-box things you can do to transform the stock Muvizu characters into just about ANYTHING ELSE! With Muvizu, you have a lot of ways to be inventive!

After studying how each of these creatures was made, you may want to make your own dinosaurs to round out the set!

By the way, Clayster informs me that he is still improving the set, and anyone who gets the first draft will be eligible for any updates later
13/09/2016 17:22:08

zayha
zayha
This skit is named " Kung Fu test " it's time for the pupil to take the final test to see if he can move on to the next level of training
13/09/2016 19:23:33

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
is kung fu test another contest entry?
14/09/2016 04:37:41

zayha
zayha
PatMarrNC wrote:

Wasn't sure if we can enter more than once or not , if we can yes if not no biggie ,enjoy either way ☺
14/09/2016 11:06:29

Speedking5
Speedking5
Made this mini Tv show for a Mom comedian friend a few weeks ago. Sorry would have liked to come up with something better but I am working 6 days a week bartending at the moment. Great videos guys Thanks for making this contest Pat !

14/09/2016 12:10:00

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
zayha wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:

Wasn't sure if we can enter more than once or not , if we can yes if not no biggie ,enjoy either way ☺

yes, multiple entries are allowed. Naturally, the freebies you get for entering will only be given once... but additional entries gives you more shots at the cash prize.
14/09/2016 12:11:50

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Speedking5 wrote:
Made this mini Tv show for a Mom comedian friend a few weeks ago. Sorry would have liked to come up with something better but I am working 6 days a week bartending at the moment. Great videos guys Thanks for making this contest Pat !

Cool! Thanks for submitting a video to my contest! (I'll withhold any comments until after the contest closes, then I'll review each video to the best of my ability)
14/09/2016 18:36:36

zayha
zayha
PatMarrNC wrote:
zayha wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:

yes, multiple entries are allowed. Naturally, the freebies you get for entering will only be given once... but additional entries gives you more shots at the cash prize.

Thanks Pat
15/09/2016 21:10:31

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Hi Pat,

Here's my entry for the competition.
I have started with a new animation based on an public domain old time radio play. The original duration of the play is 30 minutes, but I've reduced it to 12 minutes in total. I understood that the entries for the contest can be 6 minutes max, so I make it in 2 parts.

This entry is part one. I Hope to finish part two soon, but I will not finish it before sunday, when the contest ends. It sure is fun to use this old time radio plays for animations and I still learn new things on using tricks in certain situations.
Enjoy the movie and good luck to all participants!

15/09/2016 21:22:37

tonyob67
tonyob67
ikes wrote:
Hi Pat,

Here's my entry for the competition.
I have started with a new animation based on an public domain old time radio play. The original duration of the play is 30 minutes, but I've reduced it to 12 minutes in total. I understood that the entries for the contest can be 6 minutes max, so I make it in 2 parts.

This entry is part one. I Hope to finish part two soon, but I will not finish it before sunday, when the contest ends. It sure is fun to use this old time radio plays for animations and I still learn new things on using tricks in certain situations.
Enjoy the movie and good luck to all participants!

OMG....Clayster and you should not be alowed on the contest....hahahaha bowrofl THIS IS OWESOME
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Pat Marr's Contest: Entries due by Sept 15