Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Pat Marr's Contest: Entries due by Sept 15

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
15/09/2016 21:27:36

tonyob67
tonyob67
I just hope that Ziggy enter as a judge hahaha
15/09/2016 21:34:41

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Hey Pat here's another entry, not sure how many we can do but if not you don't have to consider it, I did it in 20 minutes with some stuff I made a while back, it's a very short spoof of my version of Jurassic Park, its that scene where they lowered the cow in the raptor paddock, don't worry the cow wasn't harmed...lol!
15/09/2016 21:40:36

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
tonyob67 wrote:
OMG....Clayster and you should not be alowed on the contest....hahahaha bowrofl THIS IS OWESOME

Hahaha, thanks Tony.
15/09/2016 21:45:48

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
tonyob67 wrote:
ikes wrote:

OMG....Clayster and you should not be alowed on the contest....hahahaha bowrofl THIS IS OWESOME

Thanks tony...lol!
16/09/2016 00:38:28

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Wow, this is great! ! I'm happy to see more entries rolling in! All good ones, too!

1) Ikes, the six minute thing was intended as more of a recommendation than as a rule. ANY length is OK for this contest. I didn't want anybody to feel like they couldn't use their idea because it was too long or too short. The only reason I mentioned 6 minutes is because I had this scary vision of receiving 20 one-hour long videos to review at the same time!

2) I've heard through the grapevine that Ziggy does indeed have something in the pipeline, and he isn't a judge... ;-) The preview I saw looks pretty awesome. I think we'll all be impressed. I'm glad to see some of the moguls getting involved! (Judges are MrDrWho13, UKBerty and I.)

I had five goals for this contest:
------1) to draw out some amazing work from the moguls
------2) to encourage people using the free version by offering a paid license for somebody
------3) to draw more lurkers into participation in the forum
------4) to support the creativity of Ikes and Clayster by buying copies of their cool characters to use as prizes
------5) to showcase some of the cool ideas that people here at all levels are playing with!

so far, these goals seem to be fleshing out nicely. I may have to kick in more money than originally planned, but I think it's worth it to stir up enthusiasm and participation on the forum!

In closing I want to say there are still a few days left... with Muvizu, that's still enough time to do something cool! There are still prizes that haven't been identified. Submit something and get all the free stuff! And maybe some cash too!
16/09/2016 01:10:43

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
If I was judging, I'd be biased towards Ikes because A. He is Awesome and B. Doris was really good - I can see your trajectory Ikes, and your emerging style, it's very cool. The shot when they pull up to the gas station was so nice, and the whole thing hangs together really well (except the hand clipping when they're too close to each other - sorry, I just hate clipping). I look forward to seeing where the (underage!) girl ends up in all this - by the sounds of it, it's not going to anywhere good...

The rest of the entries are good too, but I had to write about Doris. Getting around characters interacting with and travelling in vehicles is not easy at all, but it works here. Kudos!
16/09/2016 03:56:38

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Ikes is indeed awesome! I'd almost have to disqualify myself if I planned to judge based on personal preference.

I can't speak for the other judges, but my judging won't be entirely based on what appeals to me. The contest criteria is clearly listed at the start of the thread. I will print a copy of that list for each submission, and for each bullet point I'll note whether the project included it, and if so, on a scale from 1 to 10... how effectively was it it used?

I'll post the score sheet as part of my review of each entry.

It's possible that a great video could score badly if they didn't work from the list... likewise, it's possible that a newbie who used the list as a guideline could have checked of all the points and scored very well. We shall see. ;-)

There will also be a randomly drawn winner, and plenty of prizes just for submitting, so nobody should leave this contest feeling like they lost! Everybody wins something!

Due to the time involved in scoring the way I plan to do, There will probably be at least 24 hours after the end of the contest before I list winners and post reviews.

As a reminder... the deadline has been moved to Sunday the 18th at Midnight, UK time (GMT). That gives stragglers a full Saturday and part of Sunday to wrap things up.

----------------------------------------------------------
edited by PatMarrNC on 16/09/2016
16/09/2016 09:47:26

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
PatMarrNC wrote:
1) Ikes, the six minute thing was intended as more of a recommendation than as a rule. ANY length is OK for this contest. I didn't want anybody to feel like they couldn't use their idea because it was too long or too short. The only reason I mentioned 6 minutes is because I had this scary vision of receiving 20 one-hour long videos to review at the same time!

Ah ok, thanks Pat. I then misunderstood that, but unfortunately I'm not gonna make it on time for the hole story. I'm half way now and this 6 minutes took me about a week to animate, render and edit.
16/09/2016 09:59:32

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
ziggy72 wrote:
If I was judging, I'd be biased towards Ikes because A. He is Awesome and B. Doris was really good - I can see your trajectory Ikes, and your emerging style, it's very cool. The shot when they pull up to the gas station was so nice, and the whole thing hangs together really well (except the hand clipping when they're too close to each other - sorry, I just hate clipping). I look forward to seeing where the (underage!) girl ends up in all this - by the sounds of it, it's not going to anywhere good...

The rest of the entries are good too, but I had to write about Doris. Getting around characters interacting with and travelling in vehicles is not easy at all, but it works here. Kudos!

Thank you very much Ziggy, nice to hear this from you! I hate the clipping hands also, but in order to hug each other they had to be quite close to each other and the movement of characters in muvizu is quite horrible to let them take small steps. Hopefully the future will give us more control over this.
Your feeling about how this is going to end, is indeed correct, it's not gonna be a happy ending...

Thanks again!

-Ikes-
16/09/2016 14:50:22

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Ikes, given the time constraint, I'm glad you decided to split the movie and submit what was done! VERY nice job! You should be one of the moguls for sure...
16/09/2016 15:06:11

Rocque
Rocque
This is an epic contest. It is nice to see all the talent here stepping up for this. Pat and Ikes for Moguls!!! Definitely. Excellent work everyone for supporting this contest.
16/09/2016 17:37:07

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Very nice video ikes you did a really good job on putting it together and making it fit the radio play, I use do to that when I first started animating back in collage, we did a lot of projects based off radio plays and turning them into cartoons, after that we had to use our own ideas but still based them off radio plays and we would have to write our own stories and use our own voice actors, we we'r all assigned as teams of 4 people to make our projects, but seeing that muvizu can do the same thing here, makes me glad that we have a tool like muvizu helping people learn the same skills that I learned and it's easier to use, and seeing you use the same method I used back then just brought back memories, even though creating a cartoon from old recordings is still an effective way of story telling and I do recommend doing it this way for learning,anyways I loved your video ikes keep up the good work!
16/09/2016 18:23:04

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
clayster2012 wrote:
Very nice video ikes you did a really good job on putting it together and making it fit the radio play, I use do to that when I first started animating back in collage, we did a lot of projects based off radio plays and turning them into cartoons, after that we had to use our own ideas but still based them off radio plays and we would have to write our own stories and use our own voice actors, we we'r all assigned as teams of 4 people to make our projects, but seeing that muvizu can do the same thing here, makes me glad that we have a tool like muvizu helping people learn the same skills that I learned and it's easier to use, and seeing you use the same method I used back then just brought back memories, even though creating a cartoon from old recordings is still an effective way of story telling and I do recommend doing it this way for learning,anyways I loved your video ikes keep up the good work!

Thank you very much Clay! Nice to hear that what I'm doing compares to what you did at college. I have had no education in that field and learned everything myself basically. I totally agree that muvizu is a very handy tool for this kind of animations. Of course there are flaws and limits in muvizu, but I think you can make quicker progress with it than traditional animating softwares. In some cases you have to get creative to work around the limitations, but it's quite fun to do and you learn a lot from it.

Thanks again for your supporting comment. I also like your video's very much and they always look good.

-Ikes-
16/09/2016 18:24:07

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Rocque wrote:
This is an epic contest. It is nice to see all the talent here stepping up for this. Pat and Ikes for Moguls!!! Definitely. Excellent work everyone for supporting this contest.

Thanks Rocque!
17/09/2016 21:42:45

tonyob67
tonyob67
ikes wrote:
Hi Pat,

Here's my entry for the competition.
I have started with a new animation based on an public domain old time radio play. The original duration of the play is 30 minutes, but I've reduced it to 12 minutes in total. I understood that the entries for the contest can be 6 minutes max, so I make it in 2 parts.

This entry is part one. I Hope to finish part two soon, but I will not finish it before sunday, when the contest ends. It sure is fun to use this old time radio plays for animations and I still learn new things on using tricks in certain situations.
Enjoy the movie and good luck to all participants!

Did you used the original radio play audio? and you just animate it?
17/09/2016 22:15:25

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
tonyob67 wrote:
Did you used the original radio play audio? and you just animate it?

Hi Tony,

I used the radio recordings as a base. I did add sounds like the city, barking dogs, car engine sounds, footsteps, music, etc.

-Ikes-
18/09/2016 03:42:59

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ok, it's easy for stuff to get lost in the forum. If you posted a video to the contest and it isn't in this list, please let me know so your submission doesn't fall through the cracks

CLAYSTER- THE END OF THE CHASE

CLAYSTER - JURASSIC ZU

TONY - INSTANT KARMA

ZAYHA - THOMAS - TOMAS

ZAYHA - KUNG FU TEST

ROCQUE - WHERES MY MUMMY?

SPEEDKING5- CRYSTAL CLEAR

IKES - DORIS PART 1
18/09/2016 11:09:36

Gman7877
Gman7877
Patt,

this is Gman7877 and I had an entry called Team Great EP1 that was entered and I don't see it on the list. You commented about receiving it, but it is not on this list. I am the police officer.
18/09/2016 11:15:05

Gman7877
Gman7877

here is the link, please let me know if it shows up and you receive it.
18/09/2016 15:27:11

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Thanks Gman... I missed it because you posted it to a different thread. I'll have to look there for other submissions. Thanks for adding yours to the contest thread! If anybody else out there doesn't see their submission in this list, please post your link below in this same thread where I'll find it with all the others submissions!
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Pat Marr's Contest: Entries due by Sept 15