Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Halloween contest...?

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
20/09/2016 01:46:23

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
The thought just occurred to me that if anybody wanted to sponsor a Halloween contest... it should probably start no later than Oct 1.. which isn't that far away... less than 2 weeks That would give people a month to whip something together. And I bet EVERYBODY would line up for a Halloween contest! Especially with all the cool Muvizu resources to support it!

Or you could start it today and give everybody 6 weeks. Or not. Maybe Muvizu would even get involved in a Halloween contest!
20/09/2016 12:59:35

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
A Halloween competition would be great. I wouldn't put much faith in Muvizu getting behind almost anything nowadays. You know, I'm the last one to ever say anything negative about Muvizu, but they seem to be too busy other than selling the product.
20/09/2016 13:42:55

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
well.... in that case... anybody willing to step up to the plate to sponsor a contest for Halloween?
Do we even need prizes at all? Just having a user-sponsored showcase would work for me.

Maybe instead of having judges and prizes, it could be a PEOPLE'S CHOICE contest, which would work like this:

1) declare the contest topic, rules and deadline
2) set up a thread and start collecting entries until halloween
3) set up a poll and let everybody on the forum vote for their favorite.

It would be a lot less work for whoever sponsors the contest because there would be no reviews to write or prizes to pay for. And it would be very affirming to see how the forum population likes your video.
20/09/2016 14:08:52

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
bigwally wrote:
A Halloween competition would be great. I wouldn't put much faith in Muvizu getting behind almost anything nowadays. You know, I'm the last one to ever say anything negative about Muvizu, but they seem to be too busy other than selling the product.

Yup - for example, the video "Pubblicita Progesso 2 Muvizu" has been the staff pick on the gallery page for 18 MONTHS. No one's made any videos worth a staff pick in over a year? I think not...
20/09/2016 14:21:49

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I'll leave this as an open invitation to anybody who wants to sponsor a halloween contest of their own design...

But if nobody steps up to the plate by Oct 1st, I'll sponsor a peoples' choice contest with no prizes. That way I can enter it too.

Bottom line.... there's gonna be a halloween contest one way or another so everybody who wants to participate should start working on your projects NOW... (you've got almost 6 weeks, so you have NO excuse for not participating except laziness)
20/09/2016 15:34:46

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Yeah and they wondered why nobody goes to the gallery like they used to... shake head
Anyway, I don't mind hosting the contest if nobody else does since I won't have time to enter.
I like the idea of users choosing which is best using the forum's voting system. Everyone would be able to leave their feedback in the thread too.
20/09/2016 17:09:14

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Yeah and they wondered why nobody goes to the gallery like they used to... shake head
Anyway, I don't mind hosting the contest if nobody else does since I won't have time to enter.
I like the idea of users choosing which is best using the forum's voting system. Everyone would be able to leave their feedback in the thread too.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a CONTEST HOST!! ;-)

now all we need is a set of rules, and we can start planning our entries....
28/10/2016 01:09:39

Admiral
Admiral
My entry is in the gallery..It is called "Nightmare?".....I hope it isn't too halloweeny,,,Thanks...Admiral....
28/10/2016 06:06:47

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Nice video, Admiral! Thanks for participating!
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Halloween contest...?