Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? MASTER PEACE

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
21/09/2016 19:28:16

tonyob67
tonyob67
Hey guys, I found this excelent video on youtube, I think the artist is a Brazilian guy, do you know him?, I loved his work, and I wonder how he did some of the character movements and scenes...He most be one of the PRO muvizu people

21/09/2016 19:35:36

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Yeah that's Rodrisilva http://www.muvizu.com/Profile/Rodrisilva/Latest/
Definitely a Muvizu pro. I think this is one of his best:

Faultless attention to detail in everything he does.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 21/09/2016
21/09/2016 19:42:05

tonyob67
tonyob67
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Yeah that's Rodrisilva http://www.muvizu.com/Profile/Rodrisilva/Latest/
Definitely a Muvizu pro. I think this is one of his best:

Yes, I saw this one to...I subscribed to his youtube channel...amaznig, is he a forum active member? I want to have this king of quality on my videos
21/09/2016 19:50:55

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Yeah Tony.. the video you singled out is probably my favorite Muvizu video of all time. My wife died of cancer a few years ago at the end of a long and wonderful marriage. That video perfectly chronicles our relationship. Can't watch it without weeping like a little child. Rod Silva's videos contain a sensitivity to our human condition that is lacking in many other peoples' videos. His stories consistently leave me with a profound sense of wonder and awe at his perception, and at his awareness of how to present it all so accurately to others.

I see this same ability in Ikes' recent Doris video, and also to some degree in your contest video.

The main difference is that you tend to go for the instant slam-dunk payoff whereas Rod and Ikes are more inclined to imply powerful emotions and let the impact sneak up on their audience. People are used to being manipulated by media, and they are on guard. If you approach their emotions too directly, they will side step your message.

But if you back off and let the message speak for itself, it is possible to bypass the audience's guarded filtering system and actually touch their souls with your message, as Rod has so skilfully done here.

And yes, Rod is an active forum member... not every day like some of us, but he makes an appearance fairly often. He has also posted a number of assets in the store. You may have downloaded some of them.

---------------------------------------------------------
edited by PatMarrNC on 21/09/2016
21/09/2016 20:21:07

tonyob67
tonyob67
PatMarrNC wrote:
Yeah Tony.. the video you singled out is probably my favorite Muvizu video of all time. My wife died of cancer a few years ago at the end of a long and wonderful marriage. That video perfectly chronicles our relationship. Can't watch it without weeping like a little child. Rod Silva's videos contain a sensitivity to our human condition that is lacking in many other peoples' videos. His stories consistently leave me with a profound sense of wonder and awe at his perception, and at his awareness of how to present it all so accurately to others.

I see this same ability in Ikes' recent Doris video, and also to some degree in your contest video.

The main difference is that you tend to go for the instant slam-dunk payoff whereas Rod and Ikes are more inclined to imply powerful emotions and let the impact sneak up on their audience. People are used to being manipulated by media, and they are on guard. If you approach their emotions too directly, they will side step your message.

But if you back off and let the message speak for itself, it is possible to bypass the audience's guarded filtering system and actually touch their souls with your message, as Rod has so skilfully done here.

I agree Sr.

I am sorry about your wife Pat, life is to short, we need to live like there is no tomorrow.

Changing the subject a little, you use words that I dont understand like (instant slam-dunk payoff whereas Rod) or cracks me up hahaha, is this good or bad, I tried with google but there is no translation
21/09/2016 20:26:31

MrDrWho13
tonyob67 wrote:
Changing the subject a little, you use words that I dont understand like (instant slam-dunk payoff whereas Rod) or cracks me up hahaha, is this good or bad, I tried with google but there is no translation

He means your videos show emotions very literally, and instantly. Whereas Rod (And a couple of other forum members) try to put more subtle or hidden emotion into their videos on a deeper level.
So maybe you would show someone being sad by giving them a sad face and showing what made them sad. For a more subtle effect, you may show them with a blank expression on their face and then show a series of events in their life to represent their sadness.
21/09/2016 21:13:53

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC

MrDrWho did a good job of interpreting my intent.

It was intended as a compliment, and as a comparison/contrast between two similar (but different) style of presenting information. I like your style.

Please forgive me for using terminology that isn't compatible with google translate. I tend to speak metaphorically, and translators usually do not get metaphorical statements or colloquialisms right.
21/09/2016 21:37:03

MrDrWho13
Oh I missed the other one. "Cracks me up" means "makes me laugh"
And "whereas" is when you're comparing two things. So you say one thing then say "whereas" and explain the other thing to compare them to each other.
PatMarrNC wrote:
The main difference is that you tend to go for the instant slam-dunk payoff whereas Rod and Ikes are more inclined to imply powerful emotions and let the impact sneak up on their audience.

Reworded wrote:
The main difference is that you usually represent your story very directly, but Rod and Ikes show powerful emotions with subtle facial expressions and don't let the audience realise what is going on in the story until the last moment.

I hope that's what you mean, Pat. (It took me a while to find an alternative phrase to "at face value")
edited by MrDrWho13 on 21/09/2016
21/09/2016 22:06:11

RodrisilvaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Rodrisilva
tonyob67 wrote:
Hey guys, I found this excelent video on youtube, I think the artist is a Brazilian guy, do you know him?, I loved his work, and I wonder how he did some of the character movements and scenes...He most be one of the PRO muvizu people ...

Hi my friend

I've to rectify your last words. Actually I'm not Brasilian. I'm Portuguese. You know, this little country in the far west of Europe...
Anyway thank you for your comments. I really like a lot Muvizu stuff and all things people has done with this wonderfull software.

This forum has the most gentle and educated animators I ever saw.
I regret not being able to be more participative but my life as Surgeon takes me space and lot of time .
One thing is certain I'm still in love with animation as always.
Within my limits I will always be willing to cooperate in this forum.

Thanks so much

P.S. I speak spanish and french too. That's why my last reply post was in spanish Tonyo.
21/09/2016 22:06:13

tonyob67
tonyob67
PatMarrNC wrote:

MrDrWho did a good job of interpreting my intent.

It was intended as a compliment, and as a comparison/contrast between two similar (but different) style of presenting information. I like your style.

Please forgive me for using terminology that isn't compatible with google translate. I tend to speak metaphorically, and translators usually do not get metaphorical statements or colloquialisms right.

No, no...forgive me for being so annoying hahaha, thank you, got all very clear now.
21/09/2016 22:33:33

tonyob67
tonyob67
Rodrisilva wrote:
tonyob67 wrote:
Hey guys, I found this excelent video on youtube, I think the artist is a Brazilian guy, do you know him?, I loved his work, and I wonder how he did some of the character movements and scenes...He most be one of the PRO muvizu people ...

Hi my friend

I've to rectify your last words. Actually I'm not Brasilian. I'm Portuguese. You know, this little country in the far west of Europe...
Anyway thank you for your comments. I really like a lot Muvizu stuff and all things people has done with this wonderfull software.

This forum has the most gentle and educated animators I ever saw.
I regret not being able to be more participative but my life as Surgeon takes me space and lot of time .
One thing is certain I'm still in love with animation as always.
Within my limits I will always be willing to cooperate in this forum.

Thanks so much

P.S. I speak spanish and french too. That's why my last reply post was in spanish Tonyo.

Gracias por contestar Rodrisilva, Claro, de Portugal, la Madre tierra de Brasil.... disculpa.

Puedo preguntarte cuanto tiempo te tardas en hacer un video? por lo vien hechos que estan, me imagino que mucho, me puedes decir como hiciste la toma de la moneda en la manoen el video (Solo en la multitud)? tengo muchas dudas pero no quiero agobiarte y tal vez no quieras compartir tus secretos hahaha

Un saludo y felicidades por tu excelente trabajo, tu video de (El tiempo no se detiene) casi me hace llorar, es muy bueno
21/09/2016 23:08:59

Rodrisilva
tonyob67 wrote:
cuanto tiempo te tardas en hacer un video? por lo vien hechos que estan, me imagino que mucho, me puedes decir como hiciste la toma de la moneda en la manoen el video (Solo en la multitud)? tengo muchas dudas pero no quiero agobiarte y tal vez no quieras compartir tus secretos hahaha

De hecho, es un proceso largo. Por lo general escribo la historia usando Celtx y luego hago unos dibujos a mano contruiendo uno Storyboard (las escenas clave de forma esquemática). A continuación, paso a la construcción de escenas usando los objetos de Muvizu e importación de otros objetos de la red o construirlos yo mismo con el software 3D: Sketchup, Blender 3D, etc .. Esto puede llevar unos dos meses completos, porque mi tiempo es limtado.
Hago poucos videos por falta de tiempo, sino también porque sólo voy comenzar uno cuando me surge una buena idea. Defecto de perfeccionista ... ahahah!

La moneda la puso en la mano durante la edición de vídeo y no dentro del Muvizu. A continuación, la versión que uso no permitía todavía poner objetos en la mano del personaje. He utilizado una foto de una moneda de formato PNG con fondo transparente.

Saludos
21/09/2016 23:39:19

tonyob67
tonyob67
Great, I will continue in English as a form of respect to the other forum members.

How you did the flying leaves and birds at the begining of the alone in the crowd video? they look so real and the small lake to with the falling leave floating in the water

You can answer when you have time Rod....Thank you in advance
22/09/2016 00:09:07

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
tonyob67 wrote:

No, no...forgive me for being so annoying hahaha, thank you, got all very clear now.

annoying??? You are NOT annoying at all Tony... it is very easy to see you are a good man and a blessing to the forum! I'm glad you are here and I enjoy your excitement about Muvizu!
22/09/2016 02:02:55

tonyob67
tonyob67
PatMarrNC wrote:
tonyob67 wrote:

annoying??? You are NOT annoying at all Tony... it is very easy to see you are a good man and a blessing to the forum! I'm glad you are here and I enjoy your excitement about Muvizu!

Beautifull....Thank you Amigo
23/09/2016 12:58:54

Rodrisilva
tonyob67 wrote:
Great, I will continue in English as a form of respect to the other forum members.

How you did the flying leaves and birds at the begining of the alone in the crowd video? they look so real and the small lake to with the falling leave floating in the water

For flying leaves and birds I used two different approaches. Flying leaves are in fact one leaf multiplied and animated using Adobe After Effects. Then I superimposed it over Muvizu lake clip during video edtition. Small lake is an animated clip made in after effects with three layers: 1- grass and bottom lake (designed by me), 2-animated fishes movie, 3-Water waves. I put final clip on an horizontal backdrop and "voilá"!
Flying birds is only a movie clip with transparent background projected over a backdrop (RGBA video).
24/09/2016 19:57:32

tonyob67
tonyob67
Rodrisilva wrote:
tonyob67 wrote:

For flying leaves and birds I used two different approaches. Flying leaves are in fact one leaf multiplied and animated using Adobe After Effects. Then I superimposed it over Muvizu lake clip during video edtition. Small lake is an animated clip made in after effects with three layers: 1- grass and bottom lake (designed by me), 2-animated fishes movie, 3-Water waves. I put final clip on an horizontal backdrop and "voilá"!
Flying birds is only a movie clip with transparent background projected over a backdrop (RGBA video).

Did I mention that your videos are great? hahaha

I can see you know how to use a lot of different animating softwares, I am going to dedicate time to learn how to use Adobe After Effects, and sketchup so one day I can do great and realistic scenes like yours.

Are you working in some project now?
24/09/2016 20:16:30

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Tony,

unless you already own Adobe After Effects, be aware that it is quite expensive and it does approximately the same thing as HitFilm (Which has a free version)... and even if you eventually upgrade to the full-blown Pro version of HitFilm, its cheaper than After Effects.

From the standpoint of getting help on the forum, there are more people here using HitFilm than there are using After Effects.

(But, if you can afford it, I understand that After Effects is quite awesome... )

About once each year (maybe twice) HitFilm has a sale and the upgrade price for people already using their free version is better than the price for the general population.

Last year the regular price for their Pro version was $350, and the upgrade was $250... buy once, own it forever

After Effects costs $240 per year, and you have to keep paying that every year. You never actually own the license
24/09/2016 20:45:52

tonyob67
tonyob67
PatMarrNC wrote:
Tony,

unless you already own Adobe After Effects, be aware that it is quite expensive and it does approximately the same thing as HitFilm (Which has a free version)... and even if you eventually upgrade to the full-blown Pro version of HitFilm, its cheaper than After Effects.

From the standpoint of getting help on the forum, there are more people here using HitFilm than there are using After Effects.

(But, if you can afford it, I understand that After Effects is quite awesome... )

About once each year (maybe twice) HitFilm has a sale and the upgrade price for people already using their free version is better than the price for the general population.

Last year the regular price for their Pro version was $350, and the upgrade was $250... buy once, own it forever

After Effects costs $240 per year, and you have to keep paying that every year. You never actually own the license

Thank you Pat,

I already have Hit film, but I am at the beginning of the learning process, do you think I can do scenes like the lake scene with hitfilm
24/09/2016 21:09:01

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I already have Hit film, but I am at the beginning of the learning process, do you think I can do scenes like the lake scene with hitfilm

as far as I can see, the techniques Rod used are also available in Hit Film.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? MASTER PEACE