Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Coming to soon to the Muvizu store

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
10/11/2016 11:17:07

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
That really is such impressive work. Any chance we can get a short clip to see the city in action?

Ikes, I see some similarities in the cities, but they don't look the same to me. If you looked at the cartoon-y cities in a lot of CGI movies and shows, you might see some similarities.
10/11/2016 11:56:08

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
mindiflyth wrote:
That really is such impressive work. Any chance we can get a short clip to see the city in action?

Ikes, I see some similarities in the cities, but they don't look the same to me. If you looked at the cartoon-y cities in a lot of CGI movies and shows, you might see some similarities.

Well. maybe not exactly the same indeed. I was specifically meaning the brown houses with rounded roofs in the back. I also see them in Rodrisilva's latest movie.
10/11/2016 12:46:04

RodrisilvaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Rodrisilva
ikes wrote:
mindiflyth wrote:

Well. maybe not exactly the same indeed. I was specifically meaning the brown houses with rounded roofs in the back. I also see them in Rodrisilva's latest movie.

Yes, it's true! You can use it if you buy it at https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/17254
10/11/2016 13:08:04

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Rodrisilva wrote:
Yes, it's true! You can use it if you buy it at https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/17254

Aha, thanks for clearing that out Rodrigues! Can you directly import these fbx files in muvizu?
10/11/2016 14:21:59

Rodrisilva
ikes wrote:
Rodrisilva wrote:

Aha, thanks for clearing that out Rodrigues! Can you directly import these fbx files in muvizu?

I'm not sure because I made that sometime ago. But yes I remember that the problem was the low resolution UV map in muvizu. Actually source UV size is up to 4096 px but muvizu doesn't handle that. All models have the same UV model which means low individual resolution after all.
I remeber that I have imported them in Blender and exported to fbx format again after some UV maps improvements.
10/11/2016 14:24:07

Rodrisilva
Rodrisilva wrote:
ikes wrote:
Rodrisilva wrote:

I'm not sure because I made that sometime ago. But yes I remember that the problem was the low resolution UV map in muvizu. Actually source UV size is up to 4096 px but muvizu doesn't handle that. All models have the same UV model which means low individual resolution after all.
I remeber that I have imported them in Blender and exported to fbx format again after some UV maps improvements.

Sorry, What I mean is " same UV map" for all mesh models.
10/11/2016 16:13:43

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
ikes wrote:
Hi Clay,

Your city looks really great, but I can't help noticing it looks very similar to this 3d parking game. Are those the same models as this game and if so, can you use that to sell the models? Or are you using it as inspiration?

Ikes you guessed right they are used in that game, I bought the Unity asset a few months ago for game project that i was doing for a client, so since I still had the asset I could use it to help me, I only use the buildings to help test the speed and lag for the 3D City backdrops when I added them to a whole set, yes I did remodel some of the buildings and used the textures, but let me make it clear that these models will not be included in the set, even though I am allowed to resell them But I will not include them, I tried to make that clear once throughout this topic when i stated that this was a test to show how better 3D City backdrops would look in a city scene, Im sorry for any confusion this may have caused, the other model such as those That I have re-model will be in the set because they are not the same as in the asset pack, after all spending almost $60 for the asset i couldn't let it go to waste so I used it for inspiration
10/11/2016 16:34:59

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
mindiflyth wrote:

mindiflyth, that's because I used them as reference, it's not like I pulled them out of the unity pack, let's face I am a good modeler but I'm not that good at designing buildings unless I look at one and thank the creator I do not live in the city, so I opened up unity loaded up the assest and started mocking the designs, I tried to get them as close as possible but there are some similarities, I did try to export the models and then importing them into muvizu but muvizu kept crashing, so I did it the hard way and re-models by moncking them, and it wasn't really hard to do, all they are just boxes with texture and planes.
edited by clayster2012 on 10/11/2016
10/11/2016 17:04:34

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
I also used the designs for the trucks and cars because I loved the style and thought it would fit muvizu style,and I re-model them did away with the texture and made the cab to where the characters can sit inside, and used transparent for the glass and then exported in Fbx so the colors can be changed.

here are examples for comparison to show the difference between my models and the unity asset.

unity

my model

so you see the same style but they are different models.
10/11/2016 17:12:49

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Even made a semi truck with trailer and its not even in the unity set!

10/11/2016 17:30:24

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
mindiflyth wrote:

Yea I am planning to make a short cartoon once I get the set completed, I also want to note, that the stuff I'm putting in the store, some will be free and some will under the $3 price, even the 3D City Backdrops will be under $3, and once you get all of the assets you could get this city scene I'm making for free, but that's if you'r willing to a few minutes for it to load up!
10/11/2016 17:32:51

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
well lets hope that textures and models being created by someone else who has not given his permission to resell any of his work is not what is happening (we can only hope)

Pat on the head

Its one thing to once and awhile use stuff with appropriate creative commons licenses and "share alike" and give them out for free if you know how to muvizuize them. Its another thing purchasing assets with copyright and using any parts or textures without their permission.

So hopefully that is not what is happening here. Let's just say a few shall we say 'inconsistencies' have been noticed over time. (yeah i wasn't going to say anything but since its out in the open I might as well say something LOL)
edited by urbanlamb on 10/11/2016
10/11/2016 17:56:56

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
urbanlamb wrote:
well lets hope that textures and models being created by someone else who has not given his permission to resell any of his work is not what is happening (we can only hope)

Pat on the head

Its one thing to once and awhile use stuff with appropriate creative commons licenses and "share alike" and give them out for free if you know how to muvizuize them. Its another thing purchasing assets with copyright and using any parts or textures without their permission.

So hopefully that is not what is happening here. Let's just say a few shall we say 'inconsistencies' have been noticed over time. (yeah i wasn't going to say anything but since its out in the open I might as well say something LOL)

I understand your point, this is why the building wont be added to the store, even though I did remodel them but the textures are not mine, and I did buy the license that which allows me to resell but their still not being added to the store, the 3D City Backdrops are my creations and along with the cars and trucks because I completely remodeled and didn't use the textures, so I consider those as my creations with inspiration, but the scene that I'm making here can be downloaded from my dropbox once all of the assets are added to your list, so it wont be in the store, Im already working on my won textures for the buildings and maybe added to the store because it then will be completely different, I want everyone to understand that I did it this way for inspiration and as a test for speed and lag to prove that this can work and I am sorry for any confusion this may have caused, I have always used my own!
10/11/2016 18:13:26

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
If you have permission this is different but you should be displaying it and including a license for display somewhere in the description of the asset.

As a creator I have had stuff taken and stolen from me without my permission and it does feel aweful. Its an occupational hazard, but when someone pours their love and often sweat into their creations its heartbreaking to see your creations with someone elses name on it if you have not released it for such use.

Its also one reason why I sell very little these days. I have been modelling for almost 20 years now. I love to make characters and rig them this is one of my favourite things.

https://unity3d.com/legal/as_terms
Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with Unity and except as permitted under the Unity-EULA, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell any Asset that you have acquired from the Unity Asset Store for any purpose.

10/11/2016 18:32:19

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
clayster2012 wrote:
Ikes you guessed right they are used in that game, I bought the Unity asset a few months ago for game project that i was doing for a client, so since I still had the asset I could use it to help me, I only use the buildings to help test the speed and lag for the 3D City backdrops when I added them to a whole set, yes I did remodel some of the buildings and used the textures, but let me make it clear that these models will not be included in the set, even though I am allowed to resell them But I will not include them, I tried to make that clear once throughout this topic when i stated that this was a test to show how better 3D City backdrops would look in a city scene, Im sorry for any confusion this may have caused, the other model such as those That I have re-model will be in the set because they are not the same as in the asset pack, after all spending almost $60 for the asset i couldn't let it go to waste so I used it for inspiration

Thanks, I understand now you don't resell it, which I find a good choice, even if you have the rights to do so. It's always more satisfying to sell your own stuff.
Well, you're doing a really good job on it and it is a very nice style for muvizu.

Ikes
10/11/2016 18:34:41

tonyob67
tonyob67
clayster2012 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:

Pat on the head

I understand your point, this is why the building wont be added to the store, even though I did remodel them but the textures are not mine, and I did buy the license that which allows me to resell but their still not being added to the store, the 3D City Backdrops are my creations and along with the cars and trucks because I completely remodeled and didn't use the textures, so I consider those as my creations with inspiration, but the scene that I'm making here can be downloaded from my dropbox once all of the assets are added to your list, so it wont be in the store, Im already working on my won textures for the buildings and maybe added to the store because it then will be completely different, I want everyone to understand that I did it this way for inspiration and as a test for speed and lag to prove that this can work and I am sorry for any confusion this may have caused, I have always used my own!

Of course...That is perfect, you are not using the same models,
but you are using the same style of buildings and cars, and I like it more than the ones from Muvizu
I think it is the same style that Rodrisilva uses on his great videos, that City looks amazing Clayster
10/11/2016 18:39:09

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Ok I'm redoing the models again, and using the textures I have just finished, when i did this way it was because I was using these as placement to help me design the set, and as inspiration until I completed my own, but I see the concern and decided to go head and make the changes, the next post will be with the new buildings, sorry for the confusion.
10/11/2016 19:01:43

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
tonyob67 wrote:
clayster2012 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:

Pat on the head

Of course...That is perfect, you are not using the same models,
but you are using the same style of buildings and cars, and I like it more than the ones from Muvizu
I think it is the same style that Rodrisilva uses on his great videos, that City looks amazing Clayster

Thanks tonyob67, you understand what I'm doing, yea using the same style but different model and then textures, even though I still remodel the buildings and used the same texture I'm planning on redoing them in that style but different textures that I have made, the models I have put in the set are just placement models to help me design the city,then will be replaced by the models that I'm working on, like the cars and trucks, I made them in the same style but my in my design without textures, when I took pictures of the set with buildings I knew everyone would notice the style from another creator, but their not the same models but the same textures, its to help me with ideas to make it fit with muvizu, in other words im using the building models like you do in an art class painting a picture model posing for the picture, then placing those models with my models with my own creations.
10/11/2016 19:13:43

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
ikes wrote:
clayster2012 wrote:

Thanks, I understand now you don't resell it, which I find a good choice, even if you have the rights to do so. It's always more satisfying to sell your own stuff.
Well, you're doing a really good job on it and it is a very nice style for muvizu.

Ikes

Thanks ikes!
10/11/2016 22:04:49

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
Creeped out
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Coming to soon to the Muvizu store