Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Cinematics Students Final Movie Projects

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
14/12/2016 17:14:23

Cinematics_School
Cinematics_School
I teach a Cinematics course as part of a Game Development program and, up until now, we've been using Moviestorm as our movie-making platform. We'll switching over to the far superior Muvizu next year but, I was able to convince a few students to use it for their final projects:

16/12/2016 14:17:17

Rocque
Rocque
These were really fun to watch. Thank you so much for sharing. It was nice to see all of the creativity on these projects. What grade level are the students? I was impressed by the teamwork involved in creating the videos. Everyone seemed comfortable with using Muvizu. I loved how the cars drifted in the final animation. That was great.
16/12/2016 20:58:08

Starhopper
Starhopper
Thanks Roque. My students are in their 2nd year of college.

They spent most of the course learning various filmmaking techniques and practices and applying them in solo projects.

For the past 4 years I've been using a program similar to Muvizu called Moviestorm so they're used to working with virtual characters and sets.

Digigimania was kind enough to provide us with a trail educational version of Muvizu that a number of students opted to use for their final project.

Next fall we'll be switching over to Muvizu in earnest so you can expect a whole lot more content from the Cinematics School.
16/12/2016 22:12:44

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
great way to teach cinematic principles, which I would guess remain approximately the same whether the video in question is acted by real people or by avatars... Looking forward to seeing more from your students!
18/12/2016 04:08:37

Starhopper
Starhopper
You're absolutely right Pat; film is a visual language that applies to all types movies and TV shows.

Here's a complete playlist of the best of my student's final projects:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOWJ2gV4L78ELcbU67SypynZbLS4YrES5
18/12/2016 16:05:03

Rocque
Rocque
Thanks for sharing the link Starhopper. I would enjoy teaching something like that at our local Community College. I know they have a full on animation studio there, but since I work full time, I have never had a chance to take any classes. It is a goal to eventually do that. I would enjoy moving up from high school students to college ones who actually might want to be there.
I am sure students would want to be taking a multimedia class at any age though. Well I am naturally biased in that area thinking everyone would enjoy it.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Cinematics Students Final Movie Projects