Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Export MZU potato head as fbx?

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
24/01/2017 22:02:20

CloudNinja
CloudNinja
We often speak about importing fbx characters or objects from other 3D software into Muvizu (MZU) *but* is there a way to reverse and instead import the MZU characters (where are they stored and in what format?) into another 3D software like Maya or Blender?

Make sense?

thank you,
.cn
24/01/2017 23:35:09

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
CloudNinja wrote:
We often speak about importing fbx characters or objects from other 3D software into Muvizu (MZU) *but* is there a way to reverse and instead import the MZU characters (where are they stored and in what format?) into another 3D software like Maya or Blender?

Make sense?

thank you,
.cn

well.. yes, sort of...

scroll down this thread and start reading when you see Ikes enter the conversation:
https://www.muvizu.com/forum/topic5760-how-do-i-.aspx?p=f#post31101

He identifies a free program that enables you to extract characters to a format that can be opened in Blender then saved as other formats. In order to use them as characters that can move in other software, you'd have to know how to rig static models. Lots of programs offer that capability... Blender, Poser and probably Maya (I don't have Maya so I can't say for sure)

Having said all that... using characters in this way probably violates the user agreement, which restricts users from reverse engineering the program and its assets
24/01/2017 23:42:09

CloudNinja
CloudNinja
Phenomenal! Thanks for the quick reply & pointer!
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Export MZU potato head as fbx?