Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Critiques please... First Video!!

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
12/04/2017 02:23:47

scorpio66
scorpio66
Well, here is my first attempt at animation with Muvizu. No titles or end credits. That will come... Advice welcome. Cheers.

12/04/2017 12:08:39

Ammostro
Ammostro
Well done, better than al my video's, so, from me: No Comment
12/04/2017 12:45:08

scorpio66
scorpio66
Thanks, but Im sure thats not the case!
12/04/2017 13:20:23

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Good first-time video. Don't forget to animate your character's eyes. Don't want 'dead eyes' like I do sometimes.Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)
12/04/2017 13:20:42

comictude
comictude
That is outstanding, Scorpio! Did you use any outside programs for the video itself (not talking music)?
12/04/2017 13:32:03

scorpio66
scorpio66
Hi BigWally, thanks for the comments, my son was rushing me to finish the band part, so I left the eye and head movement so he could view! As it was a test I let it go this time. But appreciate your comment and like your videos. I've watched most on here!

Hi Comictude. I used Hitlist for joining my videos as it was suggested here. I usually use Camtasia, but Hitlist seems better, though more to learn as I've never used it before. The 'Coolzee' Building bottom was an .fbx file imported from Lightwave. I tried to add cornerstones to the building but singlesided/doublesided import didnt produce the right result. Will try again at some point. Thanks for your comment. It is appreciated.
Animation is totally new to me...

Regards Scorpio
12/04/2017 15:08:51

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
nice job, especially for a first video! It has the look of a video made by a more experienced animator!

I liked the way the band was lit with different flashing lights, and the fact that your basic scene was more of a "place" than a 3 walled set.

My only real advice would be to steer clear of songs that are somebody else's intellectual property. Youtube has a good algorithm for detecting copyright infringement, and it's just a matter of time before any videos containing such will be flagged for removal. If you try to monetize videos in which you don't own the rights to everything in the video, you can be kicked off youtube permanently.

if you aren't in a position to create your own music, there are lots of places where you can get music that has a creative commons attribution license, which means it can be used just for mentioning the owner in your credits. Here's a link to more links on that topic:
https://beebom.com/creative-commons-music-websites-free/
edited by PatMarrNC on 12/04/2017
12/04/2017 15:32:34

scorpio66
scorpio66
Hi Pat. Yes I understand the copyright infringement. Just promised my son I would do 'ONE' for him. I will seek more lawful music!!
12/04/2017 15:57:37

comictude
comictude
Just a FYI that might help someone, I use Movie Maker to join my videos. I just did a video where I inserted animations into a review of a product (next one will me smoother but it was fun to do) and tried HitFilm to join but got frustrated and went to Movie Maker and it was a piece of cake. It's free so I wanted to add that info if anyone is like me and stays clear of expensive software.
12/04/2017 16:53:37

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Comictude, I saw that video, and it was AWESOME the way you integrated the Muvizu characters to create a point-counterpoint substory within your product review. Very cool!

And I'd have to agree that for anyone whose only need is to join video scenes into one cohesive video then Hitfilm is wayyyy overkill. Many (most?) video programs are MUCH more intuitive than Hitfilm.

BUT...

the advantage Hitfilm brings to the equation is that it can not only join snippets together, it can also be used to add secondary animation, awesome effects and keyframes movements of elements that give the director more control than Muvizu alone offers. Hitfilm is somewhat unique among video editors because it allows you to import 3D models and animate them in the same environment as the video. This is a major step up from green screen, because all the angles are still editable (unlike the fixed angle of a green screen clip, which may or may not line up with the rest of the video's angle)

There really needs to be a series of tutorials made that show specific ways to use Hitfilm with Muvizu. Many simple but useful things that make a scene more realistic (like a character leaning through a doorway to speak, then leaning back again) are impossible with Muvizu alone, but totally doable with Muvizu and hitfilm working as a team.

For those who have poser, daz, milkshape or other software that can animate rigged characters, I just discovered that it is possible to import not only the model but also the animation into hitfilm, where the tools exist to fit it seamlessly into the muvizu video. These are truly exciting times for content creators, as more and more software products develop cross-compatibility with each other.
edited by PatMarrNC on 12/04/2017
12/04/2017 17:19:28

comictude
comictude
Thanks, Pat! I appreciate the comment on the video. Makes me feel good and I have to say I had fun making it. I plan on doing more like that in different areas and will start fine tuning.

I agree with you about the possibilities of HitFilm (but I use the free version only). The reason I switched over to Movie Maker for that one was because of sound lag problems once I joined videos. But haven't given up on HitFilm for the reasons you mention. It just seems there might be some really cool things that can add to a Muvizu video and I'm exploring them. One tutorial a guy brought in a character but said the problem was even if you brought in a png, Hitfilm didn't recognize the transparent background and used white.

If I figure it out I'll pop out a tutorial but I think it's going to take time. Want to get out some videos while I play with it plus I'm scattered around using other animation software as well.
12/04/2017 17:21:37

comictude
comictude
"Hitfilm is somewhat unique among video editors because it allows you to import 3D models and animate them in the same environment as the video"

Btw, had no idea this was a possibility,
12/04/2017 18:09:34

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
comictude wrote:
"Hitfilm is somewhat unique among video editors because it allows you to import 3D models and animate them in the same environment as the video"

Btw, had no idea this was a possibility,

alas, that feature is only available in the paid version. But... that feature alone would justify the purchase price... and the paid version has a LOT of other powerful bells & whistles that aren't available in the free version.

Regarding the white background in a PNG:
it is totally possible (and commonly done) to utilize the transparency of PNGS in hitfilm. But it has its own rules that aren't always like the rules in other editors. I think Hitfilm has an intimidating learning curve. The good news is that hitfilm's youtube demos are topical, so you can easily find a video to show you how to do anything you want to do with the product.
24/04/2017 22:58:16

Admiral
Admiral
I was very impressed. If that's a first video, I'll be looking forward to seeing more...
edited by Admiral on 24/04/2017
25/04/2017 15:34:21

scorpio66
scorpio66
Thank you sir.
09/05/2017 03:55:14

AllClass
AllClass
Excellent first video!
Funny, well lit and a great showcase of the features of Muvizu.
If your computer can handle it, try to play around with advanced lighting techniques (shadow sharpness, lens colour etc)
Can't wait to see what else you produce! Great stuff
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Critiques please... First Video!!