Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? No audio

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
23/10/2018 16:22:04

deedee23
deedee23
Hi,

I imported a .wav file but there is no sound when I try to play it. I'm using Play + on a PC, running Windows 10, 64 bit.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Dee Dee
23/10/2018 21:24:06

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Hi deedee23 I sometimes have that problem to, so whenever that happens I usually just restart Muvizu by saving my progress and restarting it, it happen whenever have Muvizu is running for long periods of time, and if that doesn't work then try restarting your computer that usually helps to, but before you do go into muvizu's options in the file tab at the top of Muvizu and check to see if the volume is turned up, it should be by default, but it never hurts to check, let me know if any of these help!

Clayster2012
https://www.digifactoranimation.com/
24/10/2018 12:59:21

deedee23
deedee23
Hi,

It looks like shutting the computer down did the trick. It was off all day because I was at work.

Now, I'm getting audio in the direct audio section but I'm not getting any audio in the timeline. I just see the character's name and a solid line of color that represents the character. There is no audio showing.

I used Muvizu about 3 years ago and had no issues with the audio. Yesterday and today I tried following the tutorial for basic dialogue but can't get it to work. I just want my character to sing Happy Birthday. I don't what him to move. I just want him to stand in place and sing without music.

Please tell me the steps you would take to make this happen.

Thanks!

Clayster2012
https://www.digifactoranimation.com/
24/10/2018 13:34:42

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Ok then what you may need to do is go back to prepare audio to check each audio clip to see if it still has audio by selecting edit, if it doesn't then you may need to import it back in, after doing that select your character from your set, then go to prepare dialog, your character should already be selected because you have it selected from the set, now click on Lipsync and select the audio that you are going to use, then make sure that you have the image with the word balloon selected in the Initial talking, then click switch to direct, the timeline will pop up and turned orange, then go to the timeline from the tools tab, now drag your audio to the point of the timeline where your character starts talking, hopefully that should fix the problem, lot's of time I have that issue of loosing audio and I have to import back in only because that I forget to save sometimes, so make sure you save!
edited by clayster2012 on 2018/10/24
24/10/2018 13:50:50

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
I'll be doing a few live tutorials on Digi LIve on my website, one will be for the timeline, but it doesn't start until November 22, so if you like to learn a few thing that I do than your more then welcome to join! https://www.digifactoranimation.com/
edited by clayster2012 on 2018/10/24
24/10/2018 14:15:54

deedee23
deedee23
It worked! Thanks!

I was missing this part: go to the timeline from the tools tab
Actually, at first I thought this didn't work because I wasn't seeing the audio track. Then I realized I wasn't at the beginning of the timeline - don't know why I wasn't. When I scrolled all the way over, I saw the audio. I'm so happy!

Now I just have to make my character not look so creepy I would like to really learn this program, but boy do you have to have patience.

Thanks again!
24/10/2018 14:19:48

deedee23
deedee23
Thanks for letting me know. I will be there!
24/10/2018 14:21:26

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Hey glad it helped, Like I said I'll be hosting a Live stream show on my website on a few muvizu tutorials, even tricks on how to animate imported characters and objects, it starts November 22 at 10:pm central time!
24/10/2018 14:23:52

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
deedee23 wrote:
Thanks for letting me know. I will be there!

Great will be glad to have you aboard, see you then!
02/11/2018 19:55:28

deedee23
deedee23
Hi,

I posted a couple more questions about the character's smile and shirt color. Could you help me with those issues?

Thanks,

Dee Dee
02/11/2018 22:47:24

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Ok not sure what your questions were. but let's see if any of these will be of help!

if your needing to know how to change the characters expresions such as smiles or sad the image below should help!

1.Depending on what kind of mood you want your character to be in then 1 and 2 should show you how to set Initial mood, but make sure your character is selected first!

2. to control the expressions or smiles right click on character and click edit like image #3, then click on the Body Tab, in expessive you can control the expression by sliding the slider left and right like image #4!

For the shirt this image should Help!

Select the character and right click and click the edit like in image #1, in the Apperance tab go down to top and select it like image #2, you have the opition to select a short sleeve or long sleeve, in image #3 you can change the color, now if you want to add your own textures to your character then go back to # 2 and select Decals, you will have the options to change texture for chest, Back, and Custom textures like in image #4,
cutom texture is for the whole body of the character, you can get the templates from Anizu for now, but Im working on adding the templates to my site later on!

On another note, I do have a forum on my site, so if you have more question you can sign up and post there, I will most likely get a notifaction of your post and then I can help you better!
edited by clayster2012 on 2018/11/2
02/11/2018 23:03:09

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Also to remind you of my Livestream on November 22nd, I will be showing how to control expressions and textures with keyframe in the timeline!
edited by clayster2012 on 2018/11/2
07/11/2018 22:13:46

deedee23
deedee23
The site didn't notify me that you sent a response. I just saw it when I came to the forum and clicked on my post.

I've been doing what you mentioned below. I'm going to record my steps and upload the video o YouTube so you can see what I've been doing when I get home from work this evening. Maybe I missed something.

I'm also going to include video I did a few years ago that shows the character with the kind of smile I want but haven't been able to do so far on this newer version of Muvizu.

I'm looking forward to 11/22!
07/11/2018 22:28:58

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
deedee23 wrote:
The site didn't notify me that you sent a response. I just saw it when I came to the forum and clicked on my post.

I've been doing what you mentioned below. I'm going to record my steps and upload the video o YouTube so you can see what I've been doing when I get home from work this evening. Maybe I missed something.

I'm also going to include video I did a few years ago that shows the character with the kind of smile I want but haven't been able to do so far on this newer version of Muvizu.

I'm looking forward to 11/22!

Ok that works! Also I have a forum on my site for everyone to join, there I could help you more!
edited by clayster2012 on 2018/11/8
edited by clayster2012 on 2018/11/8
08/11/2018 21:54:04

deedee23
deedee23
OK. I will check out your forum when I get home. I just have to post this quickly because I have to get ready for work.

Here are examples of what I mean. This is an example of how I prep the character's smile and of the gray looking shirt that's really supposed to be white:

As you can see I'm still shaky on doing this. So I didn't do it smoothly. However, I think I took all of the correct steps in the end. If not, please let me know what I'm missing.

I want a closed teeth smile at the end like I have in this video:

I can't stand to have the character with an open mouthed smile. It looks maniacal.

So I want:

1. A closed teeth smile.
2. His shirt to look white, not gray.

Thanks!
08/11/2018 23:44:11

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Hmmm.. I looked at all of the characters and played around with their expresions, but I can't seem to get them to make that same smile like in your video, the man character seems to be the one close to it but dosen't quite close all the way, not sure how that smile at the end was possible, but I do have a work around for that issue, but it requires the keyframe feature which I hope you have, let me know if you do or not, if so I'll make you a little short tutorial that will make it simple for you!

And for the white shirt, don't choose the white colored squares at the top, choose the one in the colors at the bottm right, if it still looks gray then that's because there is no light, go to create and create light and add a point of light, then move it somewhere in front of the character and you should see the white color!
09/11/2018 13:55:01

deedee23
deedee23
No. I don't have the key frame expansion pack. If I get it, will it make the smile of the character I've chosen look like the one from the old version of Muvizu, with the big closed teeth smile?

I wish I could get the old version of Muvizu back. It was easier to use.

Thanks for the tip about the white shirt.
09/11/2018 14:05:21

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
With the keyframe you can make your characters do alot more when you use cutome textures and attachments, I will demonstrate those in the Digi Live show on the 22nd, and for the white shirt advice thats no problem, just always remember that lighting makes thing show a lot better, mostly colors!
edited by clayster2012 on 2018/11/9
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Tech Help ? No audio