Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? AZERTY keyboard

the topic is closed
02/12/2010 20:11:37

Vilghost
Vilghost
Hey hey hey !

I'm a french videomaker, and as you now, in France, we have a cool AZERTY keyboard.

(Yes, It's cool because we can write é, è, ù, à, easely = D)

WASD shortcut is very useful, but with a AZERT keyboard, It's not very simple to use this shortcut.

Can you add in the "Prefs" menu, an option for AZERTY keyboard ?

Thank's to read me.
03/12/2010 12:09:11

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Hi, Vilghost. We do plan on eventually adding key remapping to Muvizu, but it's not something we're currently working on so it's likely to be quite a while before we get there.

In the meantime, you can edit the config files to manually change the key mappings to something you're more comfortable with.

Find a file called "MuvizuInput.ini"; it should be in the "C:\Program Files\Muvizu\MuvizuGame\Config" folder, or something similar. Open the file in notepad or some other editor, and find these lines:

• Bindings=(Name="A",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=-1.0 | Axis aActorStrafe Speed=-1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

• Bindings=(Name="W",Command="Axis aForward Speed=1.0 | Axis aActorForward Speed=1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

• Bindings=(Name="Q",Command="Axis aUp Speed=1.0 | Axis aActorUp Speed=1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

Change them so they look like this: (changes highlighted in bold)

• Bindings=(Name="Z",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=-1.0 | Axis aActorStrafe Speed=-1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

• Bindings=(Name="Q",Command="Axis aForward Speed=1.0 | Axis aActorForward Speed=1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

• Bindings=(Name="A",Command="Axis aUp Speed=1.0 | Axis aActorUp Speed=1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)
      That should set up your movement keys to work properly on an AZERTY keyboard.

Please let me know if you have any trouble with these instructions, or with any other aspect of using Muvizu. Good luck.
      edited by Neil on 03/12/2010
      03/12/2010 20:19:27

Vilghost
      Vilghost
      Ok, thank you = )
      I change the line and that work.

EDIT : Your code are bad = P If a french arrive after me, it's this lines

.Bindings=(Name="Z",Command="Axis aForward Speed=1.0 | Axis aCamForward Speed=1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

.Bindings=(Name="S",Command="Axis aForward Speed=-1.0 | Axis aCamForward Speed=-1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

.Bindings=(Name="Q",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=-1.0 | Axis aCamStrafe Speed=-1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

.Bindings=(Name="D",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=1.0 | Axis aCamStrafe Speed=1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

-Bindings=(Name="A",Command="MoveDown")

-Bindings=(Name="E",Command="MoveUp")

-Bindings=(Name="Z",Command="MoveForward")

-Bindings=(Name="S",Command="MoveBackward")

-Bindings=(Name="Q",Command="StrafeLeft")

PS : I saw "Xbox Controler" in the file, can we use it in Movisu ?
      edited by Vilghost on 03/12/2010
      the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? AZERTY keyboard