Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? puppeteering or manual animation

the topic is closed
16/12/2010 12:55:59

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Hello there

Fantastic as the "stock" animations are is there any chance future releases of Muvizu will allow characters to be able to perform actions manually using either "puppeteering" OR a combination of key frames and the ability to adjust body parts?

Thanks

Mick
17/12/2010 11:46:25

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi Mick,

It's not something that's currently planned, but I know that the Devs would love to give you guys more control of the characters (if they can keep the system simple )

Take care,
-Jim
17/12/2010 14:56:18

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
toonarama wrote:
Hello there

Fantastic as the "stock" animations are is there any chance future releases of Muvizu will allow characters to be able to perform actions manually using either "puppeteering" OR a combination of key frames and the ability to adjust body parts?

Thanks

Mick

Yip this has been mentioned before
Some kind of grab the hand and wave it about method in a style similar to Kermit the frog would be a pretty useful animation feature in addition to the methods that already exist
We already have a kind of puppetry mode with the head animation option so the natural evolution is to broaden this to other limbs aswell

I'm sure the devs have it on that andrex toilet roll of a list they are working from!

Cheers

D
edited by Dreeko on 17/12/2010
17/12/2010 15:22:09

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Dreeko wrote:
I'm sure the devs have it on that andrex toilet roll of a list they are working from!

That's a scarily accurate description of our todo list.
17/12/2010 15:30:52

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Ah..ah...ah...ACHH-OOOOO!

..oops...
17/12/2010 16:27:00

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Emily wrote:
Ah..ah...ah...ACHH-OOOOO!

..oops...

Emily that was just.....clatty!

17/12/2010 21:11:11

RightURKen
RightURKen
I would at least like to see us have control of the face if not the whole body. Eyebrow control, more eye control(ability to close eyes) smoother head control, and change the mouth into the current anger, happy, scared, etc.. on our own.
19/12/2010 03:29:48

inlimbo
inlimbo
If user created animation is a ways off, what would be great in the near future would be a solid index of moves that would cover most bases.

This might include a deep index of gestures, and a deep index of functional hand and physical actions (ie. reach and grab, push/pull, kneel, crawl, normal jump or hop, light lift/heavy lift, etc.). In terms of the face I would find it valuable if there were a set of expressions that could be struck at any moment, and vary according to intensity and duration. Thanks for listening.

ps. I know that you have to update the engine next, and the next great thing would be to have the ability to pick up and set down props, but until then it would be cool to have a few other basic pre-set prop animations similar to Instrument handling. (ie. coffee cup holding, gun waving, comb brushing).
__
edited by inlimbo on 19/12/2010
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? puppeteering or manual animation