Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Key Mapping

the topic is closed
01/03/2011 14:18:34

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
At present there is no Key Mapping feature for Muvizu - so anyone who wishes to change their keys cannot do so through the application.

You can, however, edit the file in the Muvizu directory which controls the key mapping - this will allow you to set up your controls in a way that suits you.

The file is called MuvizuInput.ini and can be found at:

C:\Program Files\Muvizu\MuvizuGame\Config

or C:\Program Files (x86)\Muvizu\MuvizuGame\Config if you have a 64-bit operating system.

If you do edit MuvizuInpt.ini please remember to save a backup, just in case any of the changes that you make break it.
01/03/2011 14:19:27

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
AZERTY Keyboard.

In order to set the key mapping up correctly for an AZERTY keyboard you need to find the following lines in MuvizuInput.ini :

Bindings=(Name="A",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=-1.0 | Axis aActorStrafe Speed=-1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

Bindings=(Name="W",Command="Axis aForward Speed=1.0 | Axis aActorForward Speed=1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

Bindings=(Name="Q",Command="Axis aUp Speed=1.0 | Axis aActorUp Speed=1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

And change it to this: (Changes are shown in bold)

Bindings=(Name="Q",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=-1.0 | Axis aActorStrafe Speed=-1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

Bindings=(Name="Z",Command="Axis aForward Speed=1.0 | Axis aActorForward Speed=1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

Bindings=(Name="A",Command="Axis aUp Speed=1.0 | Axis aActorUp Speed=1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

These changes should make using Muvizu with an AZERTY keyboard much easier.
edited by glasgowjim on 01/03/2011
01/03/2011 14:23:55

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Make Left and Right Arrow Strafe Left and Strafe Right:

At present the arrow keys have different functionality - Up and Down are Move but Left and Right are rotate. If you wish to make the Left and Right keys movement keys you need to find the Following entries in MuvizuInput.ini:

Bindings=(Name="Right",Command="Axis aTurn Speed=1.0 AbsoluteAxis= 25 | Axis aCamTurn Speed=1.0 AbsoluteAxis=50")

Bindings=(Name="Left",Command="Axis aTurn Speed=-1.0 AbsoluteAxis= 25 | Axis aCamTurn Speed=-1.0 AbsoluteAxis=50")

And change them to (Changes in bold):

Bindings=(Name="Right",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=1.0 | Axis aCamTurn Speed=1.0 AbsoluteAxis=50")

Bindings=(Name="Left",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=-1.0 | Axis aCamTurn Speed=-1.0 AbsoluteAxis=50")

This will make the Up, Down, Left, Right keys all movement keys.
01/03/2011 14:30:30

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Make Up and Down Arrows Rotate/Pan Up and Down:

As with the previous example you may wish to make the Up and Down arrows rotate/pan up and down. If so find the Following entries in MuvizuInput.ini :

Bindings=(Name="Down",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=-1.0 | Axis aActorBaseY Speed=-1.0")

Bindings=(Name="Up",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=1.0 | Axis aActorBaseY Speed=1.0")

And change them to (Multiple changes so copy-pasting might be the best idea):

Bindings=(Name="Down",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-1.0 AbsoluteAxis = 25 | Axis aActorLookUp Speed=-1.0 AbsoluteAxis=50")

Bindings=(Name="Up",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=1.0 AbsoluteAxis=25 | Axis aActorLookUp Speed=1.0 AbsoluteAxis=50")

This will make the Up, Down, Left, Right keys all turning/rotating keys
01/03/2011 15:09:08

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Change Roll and Move Up/Down:

You can also use the Q and E keys to control the roll of the camera, but if you do so you need to assign Move Up and Move down to new keys. If you have already made the Up and Down arrows control the rotation of the camera then assigning them to PageUp and PageDown makes the most sense.

Roll Keys:

You need to find the following entries in MuvizuInput.ini:

Bindings=(Name="Q",Command="Axis aUp Speed=1.0 | Axis aActorUp Speed=1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

Bindings=(Name="E",Command="Axis aUp Speed=-1.0 | Axis aActorUp Speed=-1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

and change them to:

Bindings=(Name="Q",Command="Axis aActorRoll Speed=-1.0 AbsoluteAxis=50")

Bindings=(Name="E",Command="Axis aActorRoll Speed=1.0 AbsoluteAxis=50")

This makes Q and E control the Camera Roll, but we now need to assign new keys to Move Up and Move Down.

Move Up and Down:

You need to find the following entries in MuvizuInput.ini:

Bindings=(Name="pageup",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=1.0 AbsoluteAxis = 25 | Axis aActorLookUp Speed=-1.0 AbsoluteAxis=50")

Bindings=(Name="pagedown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-1.0 AbsoluteAxis = 25 | Axis aActorLookUp Speed=-1.0 AbsoluteAxis=50")

and change them to:

Bindings=(Name="pageup",Command="Axis aUp Speed=1.0 | Axis aActorUp Speed=-1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

Bindings=(Name="pagedown",Command="Axis aUp Speed=-1.0 | Axis aActorUp Speed=-1.0", bIgnoreCtrl=True)

This means that the Page Up and Page Down keys now control moving up and down while Q and E control roll.
01/03/2011 15:33:41

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Also, if you have a control pad that is compatible with your PC (like the XBox 360 one) you can use an application like XPadder to allow you to use it to control Muvizu:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Xpadder.shtml
01/03/2011 20:59:04

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
I can also highly recommend this bizarre looking peripheral.
http://techgage.com/print/saitek_cyborg_command_unit

I couldn't fly around my set without it! (good for games too, and you can program the keys/stick to be whatever you like)
01/03/2011 22:55:55

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
ziggy72 wrote:
I can also highly recommend this bizarre looking peripheral.
http://techgage.com/print/saitek_cyborg_command_unit

I couldn't fly around my set without it! (good for games too, and you can program the keys/stick to be whatever you like)

I've got one of these at home. Highly recommended.

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=390404
02/03/2011 01:17:55

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Neil wrote:
I've got one of these at home. Highly recommended.

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=390404

That was the very one I also considered before going with the Cyborg Command Unit - the Belkin does look very cool though! (I liked the old Saitek GM2 pad y'see, so I thought I'd stick with them).
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Key Mapping