Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? how do I make an object or character disappear?

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
22/11/2012 12:45:51

randomaccess
randomaccess
I installed muvizu few days ago and now i'm making an animation video using this app. i was confused when i want to make my character in muuvizu disappear while directing it. any suggestion?
22/11/2012 13:02:24

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
i dont think you can. an easy solution is make two identical video's, 1 with the character and 1 without. Then when you edit your final video you can make it look like the character has vanished by cutting them together.

at 4 mins 27 secs in is the effect im talking about
edited by fazz68 on 22/11/2012

i meant to add, if you use a cross fade transition when editing they will fade out slowly.
22/11/2012 14:55:10

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
randomaccess wrote:
I installed muvizu few days ago and now i'm making an animation video using this app. i was confused when i want to make my character in muuvizu disappear while directing it. any suggestion?

It depends on the effect you're looking for. For instant disappearance you should use fazz's method but you can do disappearance within Muvizu.

One way would be to have a black background, ambient light off and use a light switching on or off to illuminate whatever has to disappear/appear. You could use a false floor and puff of smoke as in the theatre. A backdrop with two images/videos, one blank, will do the trick as well.

Like everything with Muvizu there are several ways to skin a cat. A good way of finding tricks is to research pre-CGI movie special effects.

Hope this helps but without knowing your level of knowledge it's difficult to answer.
10/07/2013 14:23:17

PatrickDFTBA
PatrickDFTBA
fazz68 wrote:
i dont think you can. an easy solution is make two identical video's, 1 with the character and 1 without. Then when you edit your final video you can make it look like the character has vanished by cutting them together.

at 4 mins 27 secs in is the effect im talking about

i meant to add, if you use a cross fade transition when editing they will fade out slowly.

You did a great job, watched that clip a few days ago and it really is a scary thing...well done!
07/08/2015 22:29:31

braj
braj
With the new layer rendering option, you can render one character in a scene on its own layer, then in your video editor selectively make that clip visible as you need.

I was confused how this is done, but you just need to create your necessary layers in the Layers window, set the render to TARGA and you get two or more stems to work with for compositing. Oh, and in your video editor, you need to have the solo character clip enable the alpha channel in black.

One thing I need explained is how to use the depth pass option.
edited by braj on 07/08/2015
09/12/2015 06:56:58

tammicurtains
tammicurtains
Great job. I was confused how this is done.

09/12/2015 16:29:03

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
braj wrote:
With the new layer rendering option, you can render one character in a scene on its own layer, then in your video editor selectively make that clip visible as you need.

I was confused how this is done, but you just need to create your necessary layers in the Layers window, set the render to TARGA and you get two or more stems to work with for compositing. Oh, and in your video editor, you need to have the solo character clip enable the alpha channel in black.

One thing I need explained is how to use the depth pass option.
edited by braj on 07/08/2015

this would make a great tutorial ! (using layers to make things appear / disappear)
09/12/2015 16:45:33

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
PatMarrNC wrote:
this would make a great tutorial ! (using layers to make things appear / disappear)

You could just direct the visibility property on objects.
10/12/2015 06:22:44

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
right click on character > edit > appearance tab > VISIBLE (can be checked or unchecked manually... or controlled by keyframes!)

except it can't be faded in and out because it isn't a variable attribute.. it can only be on or off.

if you want to fade in and out, you can do that with graphics. So maybe you could take a screen shot of the character, put it on a backdrop, and use keyframes (or manual directing) to fade it in or out.
10/12/2015 06:48:23

braj
braj
To fade out you really want to render to image files and put the item/character you want to fade in/out on its own layer, then in your video editor, make that layer fade in and out there. You can get lots of other effects to help your shot in your editor, depending on what you are after.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? how do I make an object or character disappear?