Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Which video editing software do you use?

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
11/08/2011 10:04:28

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Hitfilm does look good (if processor intensive) and you can download a workable demo of both the Standard and pro versions. I have used the companies products for many a year and been very happy.
Because of this I have a "40% off" and a "20% off" voucher code for Hitfilm Pro. The vouchers must be used by the end of this month and can only be used for the Pro version.

I can't afford to buy it just now so will not be using the vouchers. If anybody here can make use of them just let me know in a reply to this post. Each voucher can oly be used once.

PS Berty

I have Sony Vegas Platinum Home Studio (or whatever it's called) and have no problems (so far) with loading Muvizu content.
11/08/2011 12:58:05

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Thanks toonarama - I will give it a good go tonight and see what I think of HitFilm.

Looks like no surround sound at the moment though
11/08/2011 15:43:20

penman
penman
not sure i understood the question ...
11/08/2011 16:01:45

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
toonarama wrote:
Hitfilm does look good (if processor intensive) and you can download a workable demo of both the Standard and pro versions. I have used the companies products for many a year and been very happy.
Because of this I have a "40% off" and a "20% off" voucher code for Hitfilm Pro. The vouchers must be used by the end of this month and can only be used for the Pro version.

I can't afford to buy it just now so will not be using the vouchers. If anybody here can make use of them just let me know in a reply to this post. Each voucher can oly be used once.

PS Berty

I have Sony Vegas Platinum Home Studio (or whatever it's called) and have no problems (so far) with loading Muvizu content.

Ack... Where were you when I was getting ready to purchase it...
11/08/2011 16:09:56

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Wizaerd wrote:

Yep, that's a shame I would have liked to have passed it on. Must admit I had planned to buy it myself but with Iclone 5/plugin/kinect all (hopefully) in the offing things are getting a bit expensive and my birthday/Xmas/Ebay money will only stretch so far!
11/08/2011 18:03:36

ukBerty
Well the results of the test labs are in.......

I will be buying Sony Vegas.

HitFilm - Undoubtedly the advanced effects are great, and by the looks of them better than Vegas - but will I ever really use them ?

I have not completed my first piece in Hitfilm as I can see the following issues being too limiting:

• Very poor audio editing. Not that I use the video compiling software to alter the audio, just to pan or fade. In order to do this you need to create a composite shot and use keyframes. It all works, but you have to view each composite shot to see what's happening - on the main editing screen you just get a big blob giving you the name of the audio and a waveform. With Vegas I can quickly adjust the volume and pan of each audio effect/section as well as seeing all tracks volumes and pans at a glance.
  • It seems very particular about what audio formats it will accept - certain wav formats only. no MP3.
  • No surround sound support
  • The main screen has more of a "Windows 7" feel about it than Vegas - bigger buttons and brighter menus - but this just means you get less useful things on the screen.
  • Hitfilm has better support for two screens that Vegas, but generally I would always have the preview on the second screen which Vegas does OK

So that's it. When I'm compiling my Muvizu footage there's generally not a lot of post production on the video, it's mainly audio. I will continue to do anything difficult in my old version of After Effects and move to Vegas to compile the video and audio tracks.

Berty
11/08/2011 18:34:08

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
toonarama wrote:
Wizaerd wrote:

Yep, that's a shame I would have liked to have passed it on. Must admit I had planned to buy it myself but with Iclone 5/plugin/kinect all (hopefully) in the offing things are getting a bit expensive and my birthday/Xmas/Ebay money will only stretch so far!

I don't do much with iClone, although I have owned every version since 2.5, and I have a crapload of the content addons. I swore version 4 would be my last version, but this upcoming 5 is intriguing...
11/08/2011 22:44:03

Dimension_five
Dimension_five
AVS used here, no problems, loads of output options. The complete set of all AVS software is available at 70% discount until the end of August. Cost about $59 USD to register for ever and a day. Their registry cleaner is really good and like some bog cleaners, gets to places no other cleaners reach!
D5
12/08/2011 11:35:58

ukBerty
Dimension_five - Thanks for your comment. I have had a look at AVS now and it's really quite impressive.

For me though the audio editing is probably more important than the video as Muvizu output is pretty much as I want it anyway. I couldn't see how to pan individual tracks in AVS and it has no surround sound. The interface is pretty good, but I prefer Vegas.

Thanks for your input though - it's always "horses for courses" with these things.
12/08/2011 14:19:38

ghrenig
ghrenig
I use premiere elements vs 6 which I find does everthing I need.
As with most software I find it takes a few tries to get your head around how to use it. I was a bit stuck with Premiere elements but then a friend of mine showed me how to use it and I have been fine since then. I often read bad reviews of premiere elements but as long as you save regularly it works fine. I have just bought an old copy of adobe effects 5.5 for £20 which although being old does most of the things I am looking to do.
30/09/2011 02:08:48

xombiekiller
xombiekiller
I am looking for a substantial FREE editing software.

As much as I would LOVE to have Premier.. being the starving musician I am, I have my bills of Ramen and Alcohol to tend to.

What would you recommend for editing that is FREE and compatible with Muvizu?

Until I win that Battle of the Band's and make a grip of cash that is. . .

thank you Muvizu and the Muvizu Community!!

-Sebastian
30/09/2011 08:26:49

WabbyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Wabby
Hello,

There is Lightworks. I'm not using it but it looks interesting (and FREE).
27/02/2012 00:06:52

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
I use Window Live Movie Maker for quick edits as it takes Xvid.

For more substantial work I use Lightworks. It's FREE and is used to edit feature films including The King's Speech, Pulp Fiction and Batman.
It takes a bit of learning and you must read the manual but it is extremely powerful and is chock full of effects. Oh, did I mention it's FREE!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightworks

http://www.lightworksbeta.com/

Try it out, give some time to learning its features and unusual interface and you won't want to use anything else for big projects.

Hope this helps.
30/03/2012 18:49:55

HayManMarcExperimental user
HayManMarc
I've been trying to use Lightworks, but I have no success exporting correctly. The features and editing abilities with this is amazing and I hope I can use it someday.

Windows Movie Maker works fine for me, but seems to be too basic for what I want.

Tried Wax, but audio didn't work. Didn't like the way it (GUI) looked and felt, either.

I'm gonna try AVS next. I'll edit this post with my findings.

EDIT:
AVS is my answer. For 60 bucks, I got the editor AND everything else they offer. The editor was very easy to figure out and use.
edited by HayManMarc on 30/03/2012
30/03/2012 20:05:14

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
Lightworks, like most editors, works best if you use uncompressed video, you should then be able to export it ok.
30/03/2012 21:28:13

HayManMarcExperimental user
HayManMarc
I did use an uncompressed file format but was unable to produce an acceptable export. I tried several different ways to no avail. Frustration got the better of me, I'm afraid, and I tossed Lightworks aside for AVS, until Lightworks gets a little more user friendly. It's under development, so it should get better soon, and I'll probably switch then.

EDIT:
UGH! Now that I bought AVS, I figured out the Lightworks issue. However, AVS is still a slightly better video/audio quality with easier to use effects.....so far.

Sheesh.
edited by HayManMarc on 30/03/2012
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Which video editing software do you use?