Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? some minor additions that could be helpful :)

the topic is closed
01/02/2010 23:59:06

Phoenixomen
Phoenixomen
I think most of the suggestions I have thought of have already been suggested and I'm not sure what you have lined up in the future Beta release of muvizu.
But apart from being able to move Camera's or Lights along paths whether they be paths created by curves created by selected Point A with a mouse click and then Point B with the second click and assigning the Camera, Light or Object to it. (Perhaps even an option to add points to the curve to modify it.)

The only other main thoughts that occured to me was that in regard to character movement. If we also had an option to say for example use the cursor keys to move the Character and also keys to rotate left (Shift+ key to rotate 45deg, 90deg,180 deg and 360deg) or even an option that when the director time line is paused you can select at that point and enter in a value of how much rotation you need.

Actually it may be helpful during animating movement that you could pause the movement to allow you to have time to click or select the next action whether it be rotate left etc.

The other thing I thought of in regards to scrolling the time line. Was a little field box underneath it where you could simply enter the time (key frame) that you wanted to return to to avoid the use of having to scroll back and forth. i.e. I might want to go to 1 minute 30 sec to redo an animation etc so I could type in 1:30 into the box and the time line would jump straight there.

Another one would be if the undo function could also be able to undo the last action Mood/animation/movement etc that you had just recorded as that would be helpful in some instances.

All in all tho' I found the application easy to use and pickup (once I understood how the mechanics of the system works. I feel there's going to be a lot of potential with the software and its uses. You do need to keep the simplicity of how the controls are in regards to UI but having "modes" where you could tweak or get more into the nitty gritty of editing inserting etc would give another level and depth for those of us that want to be more precise or have a little more control.

Also in regards to dialogue, maybe a dope sheet or time line using key frames where you could insert any piece of dialogue without the need to have one track with multiple voices (if you have more than one character) with blank space to fill the non dialogue areas. So for instance each individual character could have their own seperate dialogue segments that you could then set to play where ever you would like by using start and end points using key frames.

In any case for what it can do Muvizu is an awesome program and can be even better with future upgrades etc as graphic hardware is updating all the time with Direct X 10 & 11 Visual Effects etc.

I've gone on a bit.

But the potential is huge in regards to global communities and user base. So good luck with it and keep up the good work!
edited by Phoenixomen on 2/2/2010
22/02/2010 11:54:00

barrys
barrys
Hi Phoneixomen

Firstly, let me thank you for such a well-thought-out and put together list of suggestions. Hopefully you can see we've addressed some of your ideas in the new Beta version. As for the rest, I'm pleased to see you've hit on some of the Team's favourite ideas too - moveable objects being a big one. No promises, mind, but I've put the rest of these ideas into our big wish-list.

Barry
Lead Artist
Muvizu
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? some minor additions that could be helpful :)