Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Performance Increase Programmes

the topic is closed
01/09/2010 12:20:29

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
3dAnalyze

If you cannot get Muvizu to run because your graphics card doesn't meet the minimum specifications there is one thing that you could try - it's a programme called 3dAnalyze - it fools games into thinking that your graphics card can meet the minimum specifications.

I used to own a laptop with onboard Intel graphics and it was the only programme that allowed me to run high-end games and software. I can't guarantee that it will work (as I haven't been able to test it) but it's the only way (other than upgrading) that you will have a chance of running any Unreal 3 engine software on your machines.

You can get the software from http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/download/ (you need to click on the little floppy disk icon) and follow these steps:

1. Unzip the installer to a location of your choosing
2. Run the installer, selecting a folder of your choosing
3. Open the folder and run 3dAnalyze.exe
4. Click on select
5. Select the Muvizu.exe file which can be found at C:\Program Files\Muvizu\Binaries
6. Click on the following check boxes:
Performance > Force SW TnL
Hardware Limits (Cap Bits) > Emulate HW TnL caps
Anti-Detect Mode > Shaders
Anti-Detect Mode > Textures
7. Click run

At this point Muvizu will either run or crash - I can't say which though

AMD Fusion

The AMD Fusion application will close any background programmes that are running which frees up system resources for Muvizu. It only works with machines that have an AMD processor.

Simply download, install and click the big grey button:
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_fusion.aspx?p=1

SpyBot Search & Destroy

While SpyBot is an anti-spyware application it can be used to stop programmes launching when Windows Starts.

It can be found at: http://download.cnet.com/Spybot-Search-amp-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html

If do give it a try you would probably want to disable the installation of Tea Timer and SDHelper as most anti-virus programmes already perform the job that they do.

Once it's installed and updated you can access Advanced Mode by going to Mode>Advanced Mode, from there if you click on Tools then System Startup you can choose which programmes run at launch.

I deselect all programmes that I recognise as not needed at launch and if there are any that I don't know I Google them to see if they are necessary, but please be careful.

Please remember that any 3rd party software is used at your own risk.
08/12/2010 02:08:34

RightURKen
RightURKen
glasgowjim wrote:
3dAnalyze

You can get the software from http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/download/ (you need to click on the little floppy disk icon) and follow these steps:

1. Unzip the installer to a location of your choosing
2. Run the installer, selecting a folder of your choosing
3. Open the folder and run 3dAnalyze.exe
4. Click on select
5. Select the Muvizu.exe file which can be found at C:\Program Files\Muvizu\Binaries
6. Click on the following check boxes:
Performance > Force SW TnL
Hardware Limits (Cap Bits) > Emulate HW TnL caps
Anti-Detect Mode > Shaders
Anti-Detect Mode > Textures
7. Click run

At this point Muvizu will either run or crash - I can't say which though ...

Has anyone here tried this with Muvizu? Does it work? I have a laptop that I would love to run Muvizu on but don't want to be the first guinea pig.
08/12/2010 10:21:29

claireqMuvizu staff
claireq
Muvizu already works for me so I can't tell if it works for non-performing laptops.
It doesn't break anything on my end after running it though so am sure it wouldnt hurt to try it Big Grin
25/12/2010 00:18:27

RightURKen
RightURKen
I finally got around to trying 3dAnalyze. Not only did it not work, it slowed things down. It's another program running that Muvizu has to run through so you need a pretty good computer to run it in the first place. Overall not good for slower computers, even ones close to the minimum Muvizu specs.
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Performance Increase Programmes