Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? HOLIDAY SHOWCASE 2015

pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
21/12/2015 00:18:12

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I accept your challenge sir!

PatMarrNC, I look forward to your detailed synopsis of each one - should only take you a couple of months...

heh heh... as I read your list , I was thinking "this is gonna take more than a week!"

But, I'm up for the challenge, as time allows! I'm currently working on my own Muvizu Christmas project, so that's keeping me busy. I'll review a few each day until my video is finished, then I'll spend more time on the list! I'm looking forward to watching movies that are so highly regarded by talented people like all of you!
21/12/2015 12:24:31

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Excellent list Ziggy - that covers my favourites too (at least those i can remember although I would add:

Terror at Littletown by Wabby

Desmond the Dentist by Stonehead

And All of Ziggys of course - with this one my personal favourite (PLEASE BEWARE THAT THIS VIDEO FEATURES POTTY MOUTHED LANGUAGE - MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY!!!)

edited by toonarama on 21/12/2015
21/12/2015 18:17:19

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
TIM MINCHIN: WHITE WINE IN THE SUN (review of a video by UKBerty)

Many of the people on another forum to which I belong write songs and then follow up with a video to add an additional sensory dimension to the song's experience. As creative people, they (and we) search for inspiration wherever we can find it.

I presented UKBerty's video to them as having not only an excellent song from a song writer's perspective... but as a good example of capturing the songwriter's imagery and of making it visual... in a very emotionally impactful way.

Music and video are somewhat unique in that they both seem to offer direct access to our emotions, circumventing most of the filters we have in place.

There's so much good to say about this video that I'm not going to bother talking about each individual design choice that I found to be inspiring... except for one: the scene in which the overhead view of the family projects out into space until we are presented with a view of the planet.. which then morphs into a Christmas card. That was nothing short of being inspired! Very clever and effective transition!

It has been said that editing is a subtractive process... it isn't about adding more, but about taking away everything that isn't essential. I tend to be a minimalist, while UKBerty loves to fill his stories with lush detail on a variety of planes at once. Two schools of thought... but I am very impressed by his ability to retain so much detail without distracting his audience's attention with peripheral activity.

Regarding all the detail... watching through UKBerty's videos I am astounded by the minute details he works into each scene... a flickering light in one of the letters in the sign of a sleazy motel... coordinated sound effects for just about everything that is going on in every scene... relentless attention to continuity in all of the seemingly extraneous details. Multiple stories seem to be happening at once, much like in real life. He probably triples the time it would take to make his videos by including such an intricately woven tapestry of detail... but wow.. the end result justifies the effort!

Thyanks for including this video on your list, I might have missed seeing it otherwise, and it is a video that I';d strongly recommend to every MUVIZU user
22/12/2015 07:29:31

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Thanks for your review Pat, too kind.... too kind....

I think my favourite Muvizu animation has to be Dreeko's "The idea"

It is original, succinct and complete. It delivers exactly what it sets out to do with no baggage. It looks easy to do as it's mainly just a bloke talking, but there's actually a lot going on with the composition and editing.
22/12/2015 19:14:24

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ukBerty wrote:
Thanks for your review Pat, too kind.... too kind....

I think my favourite Muvizu animation has to be Dreeko's "The idea"

It is original, succinct and complete. It delivers exactly what it sets out to do with no baggage. It looks easy to do as it's mainly just a bloke talking, but there's actually a lot going on with the composition and editing.

I agree!

What is the mark of a great presentation? (be it video or audio or some other media or endeavor?)

I think "success" means the intended goal was achieved. When the goal is to get a point across, the presentation can be very simple and still achieve that goal. (assuming that the presentation is well planned, which Dreeko's is)

When the goal is to create something artistic and amazing, the rules change. I see your work (and that of UrbanLamb) as being works of art. The point is not so much a message as it is the artistic presentation itself. And, having compared you to Urban Lamb, it's worth noting that your approaches to art are also quite different.

Urban Lamb's focus seems to be a celebration of graphic design, an endless exploration of what is possible with various technologies, which include more than MUVIZU.

Your focus (I speak from my point of view, not as an authority on your intent) seems to be somewhere between Urban Lamb's love of technical mastery and Dreeko's love of the idea's presentation.

The best MUVIZUers have at least two of these three separate skills: storytelling, modelling and proficiency with MUVIZU. Based on what I see and like in these videos, my goal is to develop all three skills to whatever extent I am able.
pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? HOLIDAY SHOWCASE 2015