Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Improved Muvizu/live footage hybrid

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
20/12/2015 05:17:47

theotherguy
theotherguy
Hi y'all! It was a struggle getting everything working with my latest project, the chroma-keying was a particular headache as I mindlessly rendered the Muvizu animation off, and then tried to re-frame everything in my video editor. It only occurred to me after the third or fourth attempt that MAYBE I should frame the Muvizu sequence as close to the video as possible.

Now, everybody knows what a chore setting up cameras in Muvizu can be (please , a control panel of some kind would be nice for this!) but it's definitely worth the effort to get as close to the same framing as the live footage, I even preserved the shados this time.
21/12/2015 00:29:35

mrmuviz
mrmuviz
What I've done is take a still frame from your video, then bring it into Photoshop and
put it at 50% opacity(or so) and then save as a .png.... then use that as a camera overlay in Muvizu.
This way helped me a lot to frame up characters with things in the video.

P
21/12/2015 01:33:39

theotherguy
theotherguy
Thanks! I understand what you're saying, I can do everything you described and a full semitransparent overlay would be ideal, as backdrops don't fill the screen. However camera overlay doesn't appear to allow importation. (?)

mrmuviz wrote:
What I've done is take a still frame from your video, then bring it into Photoshop and
put it at 50% opacity(or so) and then save as a .png.... then use that as a camera overlay in Muvizu.
This way helped me a lot to frame up characters with things in the video.

P
21/12/2015 17:32:45

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
TheOtherGuy, to import an image onto the camera you go to the Overlay dropdown > Image Overlay. You click on the default binoculars overlay to select a different file.
21/12/2015 19:27:28

theotherguy
theotherguy
LOL, I forget how I got to 'overlay'
21/12/2015 20:03:21

theotherguy
theotherguy
I figured it out but it wasn't easy getting the image INTO the camera overlay section. I'll be sure and use it next time I do something outdoors. Thanks for your input!
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Improved Muvizu/live footage hybrid