Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Speeding up Muvizu editing

the topic is closed
27/05/2016 22:01:12

joeactor
joeactor
Hi all,

Please forgive me if this topic's been raised before, but what are the best ways to speed up Muvizu while in the editing process?

I've just downloaded the latest version, and although the features are nice, it seems much slower overall.

Can I turn off features while editing?

Is there a way to tune my Win10 system to better handle the load?

What would you suggest to speed up the edit/preview stage of developing an animation?

Thanks in advance!
JoeActor
27/05/2016 22:25:58

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
If you hit f12, this disables lighting which can speed it up. You can also hide certain layers to reduce the amount of things Muvizu needs to render. So if you put, for example, your character and a few surrounding objects in one layer and hid the layer with the rest of the set in, then Muvizu would only need to worry about those few items.
Here's one basic guide on layers: http://www.muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/161/how-to-use-layers
Press the little eye icon to hide the layer.

Other than that, it's just down to your computer's graphics hardware. If you have a desktop PC, you might want to look into getting a new graphics card such as the GTX 750ti.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 27/05/2016
27/05/2016 22:40:11

joeactor
joeactor
Thanks MrDrWho13.

I hadn't looked into layers yet- I'll check it out.

Tried turning off lighting and other settings.

The 2016 Feb version is just noticeably slower.

Even loading a scene can take 15+ minutes.

Seems like something's wrong. The prior version was at least tolerable.

Anyone else have other ideas? I'm kinda stuck with my graphics as I'm on an Intel NUC.
edited by joeactor on 27/05/2016
28/05/2016 03:55:51

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Delete Muvizu, and download the Full version (avoid the upgrade). Reinstall, and it should be back to normal. You are stuck with a laptop equivalent video card though, it will never be great.
28/05/2016 05:05:06

theotherguy
theotherguy
Upgrading my desktops video card to a faster Nvidia GTX 750 Ti helped a lot, 30% faster renders. The more stuff you have going on the longer it takes, regardless. Maybe render 1min chunks so it seems faster!
28/05/2016 14:40:36

joeactor
joeactor
ziggy72 wrote:
Delete Muvizu, and download the Full version (avoid the upgrade). Reinstall, and it should be back to normal. You are stuck with a laptop equivalent video card though, it will never be great.

Will try it - I love my NUC, but sometimes it'd be nice to have THE POWER!
(sigh)
28/05/2016 15:24:32

joeactor
joeactor
Well, tried it all.

Although it's better than it was, it's still ***WAAAAAYYYY*** slower than the prior version.

Gotta be something else to try (other than getting a new pc)

Poopie.
28/05/2016 15:29:03

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
joeactor wrote:
Well, tried it all.

Although it's better than it was, it's still ***WAAAAAYYYY*** slower than the prior version.

Gotta be something else to try (other than getting a new pc)

Poopie.

Other than experimenting with layers and closing other open programs, there's not much else you can do.
Muvizu requires the power of a gaming machine because it's just the Unreal engine below the surface.

If you'd like to revert, I have a small collection of previous installers.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 28/05/2016
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Speeding up Muvizu editing