urbanlamb - all messages by user

2016/11/18 1:45:19
Apologize Rodrisilva wrote:

urbanlamb

It was nice to met you in this forum.
I'm a guy perfectly able to distinguish the good and the bad but I don't need to smash the bad guys to prove that I'm better.
Warning them that we know what is happening is a good message and is this case because I haven't enough data it's hard to me to judge them.
I could not believe that was stolen so naif it seams to me. All assets are well known. Gamers know them, 3d artists know them, googling show them easely. Who could be so fool ?

Best regards

I'm not smashing he even dared me a few times to reply in fact he pretty much demanded it .. so I did!
In my opinion he should not have even posted about it..
what's done is done and cant be "undone"

anyhow now i will shut up!
edited by urbanlamb on 18/11/2016
2016/11/18 1:42:19
Apologize He can keep his mogul status and stay prima I really dont care. What's done is done. The words have been said and now (in my case) I know what people really think. Digimania made its decision and it was theirs to make and so I know what they think as well.

I just like to make stupid models and crazy animations and am pretty introverted anyhow. Its always been a stretch for me to be social so I dont really mind not having too LOL.

Now after posting more then I have in like over a year in one night I am quite done and going back to finish my dancing food I was working on and forget about this.

Oh and I dont apologize. I did the right thing and would do it again. So hate me or whatever if it makes you feel better. LOL
/shrug

PatMarrNC wrote:
FWIW We just experienced a 7.8 Earthquake here in NZ, and things like that kind of focus the mind on what matters in life. Co-operating with your fellow man (and woman) is pretty high up there. Let's do that.

indeed! Let's do that!

oh yeah that earth quake was kinda nasty took me awhile with the abbreviations to catch on ... I dont do well with abbreviations even though my typing and whatnot sucks :/
2016/11/18 1:11:47

Surprinsingly I'm starting to see some preachers in this forum. Perfect people without sin. This kind of people never forgive. Reaction: nobody forgive them when they fall in temptation. They have to be perfect ... not humans....

Sorry my friend is time to leave this forum for good. It's starting to get boring and very distant of muvizu spirit.

It's a pity

Oh i am far from perfect but the level of rationalization in this thread is incredible.
I haven't posted in eons but I kind of have no choice in this case.
I dont think like that it wouldn't even cross my mind to say a lot of what has been said here and try to split hairs. I am also unfortunately amazingly trusting.

But people will see what they want to see but I am no fool. I am also not afraid to speak my mind when I think I feel I need to.

So basically because someone was stealing and knowingly doing so it was not a mistake not from the stuff posted over time here. I am the "bad guy" and he is the angel right?
and I am a "preacher"

I dont buy the apology because there is nothing in what has been said here to validate it just a bunch of words and rationalization. On the other hand there is ample proof on the other side of the issue to prove that theft on a very large scale has occured.

I dont like to watch people get stolen from. I also dont believe in holding the status quo so that everyone likes me cause you know people get mad at you for "telling".

Doesn't wash with me. As I said above I am not perfect, but i do try to do the right thing.

I am under no illussions that most people here in fact DO know right from wrong. They just choose to you know hope they dont get caught.

I most certainly wouldn't think it was okay to take someone elses art and just you know sell it as if it were my own it wouldn't even cross my mind to do so.

Again if you choose to look the other way that is YOUR choice but forgive me for not wanting to be a part of it!
2016/11/18 0:21:41
Apologize T he law is there to cover the butts of people because a lot of people lack an appopriate set of ethics and morals,

translation "yes its okay to steal from the poor bin and resell the clothes because they were free" right? ....

actually .. no no its not, but unfortunately because there are people that want to profit off the goodwill of others some dudes had to get together to create a law about it.

That's why its illegal to shoot people in the face instead of just "wrong" and why we have court rooms and lawyers and jails. Because no matter how hard you try some dude will think that in his case its okay even if its totally wrong at all levels someone is gonna do it anyhow ..

it started with the 10 commandments and kinda ballooned from there..

queue the word "copyright"

Anyhow my stuff is down you convinced me to take it down. I forgot about the fact that people just try not to do things because its plain wrong.

I am not perfect, but I do try to do the right thing.

As for digimania well I wish them luck but its quite clear that by allowing this to happen and from the way this thread has gone that creators have to watch this place like a hawk cause no one will respect their wishes. Only worry about "the law" and someone calling the cops

translation "its okay as long as you dont get caught"

yeah right!

there is only one discussion its only people who want to try to seperate the two that thinks there are two.
2016/11/18 0:00:15
Apologize
2016/11/17 23:28:19
Apologize ikes wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:

so you think the 60 seconds you spend putting a cube in a model someone spent days or possibly even weeks creating is worth more then the person asking nothing for it?

What happens to the value of the paid model if 2 million people are giving it out for free on the internet?

What about the rights of the person who created the model and his wishes?

Do you walk into a store say "hey i like this" and walk out without paying even if there is no price tag in the items

If you go buy an item in a store and the price tag has fallen off does that mean its free?
edited by urbanlamb on 17/11/2016

If I give something away for free, the other can do with it what he wants, destroy it, paint it, sell it, or whatever he wants to do with it. I gave it away and I don't want anything in return, because if I do I ask for something in return.

I thought we were talking about selling a free model, not paid for models been given away for free.

We are talking about both but it appears that everyone wants to rationalize their own bad habits, but that is fine.

it appears that the terms of the sites people put their stuff on mean nothing nor the wishes of the creator. Heck not even the terms of this site mean anything.

have at it at least everyone knows where they stand when the post models to this site and those on sites like unity who use the unity site and post assets FOR FREE have to be wary of the muvizu site as well.

Since the site that helps protect them from content theft EVEN IF THEY GIVE IT OUT FOR FREE means nothing to the users here!

mindiflyth wrote:
And urbanlamb, please don't take all of your assets down! User-created assets like that greatly expand what this program can do.

I hate to say it but i am glad this discussion has occured. Mostly because I know what people think about what the word "free" means on the internet.

Quite sad really.
2016/11/17 23:22:51
Guys

Nobody !... we always copy in same way... some smart guys know how to copy without being noticed. They just seem different. Some we call them artists only because they know how to group lines in a way nobody knows.
Like the young children....

Sorry, be friends please.

This is not about coyping an idea or concept and putting your own labour into it and making it by yourself from scratch with your own two hands.

This is about taking an item someone made and calling it yours and selling it for money.

I dont care if you copy my ideas or whatever because they are not mine to start with ..
"all art is derivative"

However if you take my art and sell it as your own I might have something to say about it
2016/11/17 22:49:01
Apologize ikes wrote:
Well, I put up some free models, I don't get any cuts in the first place. No matter what the other does with it. If you want cuts for your work, then you shouldn't put it up for free in the first place. You do it because you don't want to keep it for yourself, but share it.

With digital models it's already something else then a phisical object. If you sell 1 or 100 of the same model you only spent time on once creating it, you already got your cut out of it multiple times. And it keeps coming in the more you sell of the same model without having to labor for it.

so you think the 60 seconds you spend putting a cube in a model someone spent days or possibly even weeks creating is worth more then the person asking nothing for it?

What happens to the value of a paid model if 2 million people are giving it out for free on the internet?

What about the rights of the person who created the model and his wishes?

Do you walk into a store say "hey i like this" and walk out without paying even if there is no price tag in the items

If you go buy an item in a store and the price tag has fallen off does that mean its free?

is it legal to rob donation bins on the street corner for clothes for poor people and resell them?
2016/11/17 22:35:33
Apologize ikes wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:

what about the guy that gave it out for free in the first place what does he get for his labour?

I am satisfied its time for me to pull all my free stuff off this site. Either that or charge the earth for it..

Anyone want to buy a door for 3 bucks? http://muvizu.com/3D/31554/The-Door-to-the-cottage-Country-Cottage-part-

how about some trucks? http://muvizu.com/Set/48202/Free-Trucks

http://muvizu.com/Set/33733/Yooks-n-Zooks-Bomb-Shelter-Master-Set 10 bucks for this one

any takers?

Well, what do you get if you give it out for free?

exactly ....

so if you take my door and go to say unity and slap it on unity site for 3 bucks what's my cut?
2016/11/17 22:31:07
Apologize ikes wrote:
fazz68 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:

I just have to add I am having trouble fathoming why someone would think its okay to just download a car or a house from a site where anyone else can get it for 0.00 if they had the url slap a cube in it for collision and hit export and then put a 3 dollar price tag on it.

Doesn't this bother anyone?

It sure bothers me.

exactly !!!! do you all think this is reasonable behavior from anyone. selling people stuff you got for FREE.... im glad i dont live in your bubble....

Well, there is something to say about this. I think Clay also spent time on the models to get them in muvizu and that's also valuable work. It's not that you get very rich with it, because you mostly fill the vault of muvizu, since you only get a percentage of a sell.

Also there are a lot of users that don't have the skills to get a downloaded free model in muvizu. I believe they are glad other people make models available in muvizu they can buy for just a couple of buck's, which saves them the time the seller has spent on..

what about the guy that gave it out for free in the first place what does he get for his labour?

I am satisfied its time for me to pull all my free stuff off this site. Either that or charge the earth for it..

Anyone want to buy a door for 3 bucks? http://muvizu.com/3D/31554/The-Door-to-the-cottage-Country-Cottage-part-

how about some trucks? http://muvizu.com/Set/48202/Free-Trucks

http://muvizu.com/Set/33733/Yooks-n-Zooks-Bomb-Shelter-Master-Set 10 bucks for this one

any takers?
2016/11/15 1:50:51
TRANSPARENT MATERIALS IN FBX FILES Rodrisilva wrote:
Hi guys

After many complaints about Muvizu FBX importing drawbacks I decided to make a rapid tuto about blender model texturing and FBX exporting using transparency (inside same mesh model).
For those who need help or are confused, Blender remains a wonderful free software. Nothing in life will be easy if we do not try harder.

Indeed I just made something (i have not been using muvizu for awhile it would not install on my system for some reason, but I tried tried again and it worked this time) and it worked flawlessly. I was starting to think that something had broken in the fbx export process in blender, but indeed it actually worked better then previously.

I hope your tutorial helps. I dont know if people dont understand me or what, but I have tried explaining this and it seemed not to help.
edited by urbanlamb on 15/11/2016
2016/11/14 16:09:00
Coming to soon to the Muvizu store PatMarrNC wrote:
I have never found a solution to the problem that an imported FBX does not allow me to choose a texture but only a colour

In my experiments, Muvizu only lets you choose a texture if the original material was applied from a file (not from a color table)

To make this easier on myself, in my C:\UT3\ directory where the toto.bmp file is stored I also put a file for a lot of other commonly used colors (same 256x256 size).
C:\ut3\red.jpg
C:\ut3\blue.jpg
C:\ut3\green.jpg
C:\ut3\yellow.jpg
C:\ut3\cyan.jpg
C:\ut3\grey.jpg
C:\ut3\white.jpg
C:\ut3\black.jpg etc etc

Then when I make my models, I always select colors stored in C:\UT3... because they force the inclusion of a filepath, Muvizu considers it to be a texture, and will therefore let you replace it with another texture later.

-------update-------

another way to see if you will be able to pick a texture later is by looking at your material file before you create the FBX. (The material file is the .MTL file that accompanies the OBJ file)

Here are two material definitions. The first one will NOT let you select a texture, but the second one will... and the reason is because the second material has a file name, while the first material is defined by RGB values

newmtl blue
Ka 0.8 0.8 0.8
Kd 0 0 1
Ks 0 0 0
Ns 64 <--- lack of a filename means this material can only be replaced by a color

newmtl banjo
Ka 0.611765 0.611765 0.611765
Kd 1 1 1
Ks 1 1 1
Ns 0
map_Kd /home/pat/Pictures/BANJO.png <--- filename is what tells Muvizu this is a texture

-----------------------------------
edited by PatMarrNC on 14/11/2016

If you have a copy of 3dexchange from reallussion you can set all this there and export it and it will work inside muvizu perfectly. You dont need to mess with the files.

You can also do most of this work inside blender.

This info is inside the wiki.

http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/125

This site also has the tools you need https://clara.io/
edited by urbanlamb on 14/11/2016
2016/11/13 20:57:55
Coming to soon to the Muvizu store Nope can't use opacity mask with fbx only the ASE.

With FBX you use material layers

I said this above.
edited by urbanlamb on 13/11/2016
2016/11/13 19:55:10
Coming to soon to the Muvizu store
I am modeling this stuff! and I didn't use a cube, the box is apart of the truck, my concern is transparent windows.

okay so you put 3 materials on the truck

1 for the windows
1 for the sign
1 for the rest

I am confused as to why you would say that the only option is to put a sign on the side like that and group it. Then your stuck with a truck that can't move ?
2016/11/13 19:29:14
Coming to soon to the Muvizu store clayster2012 wrote:
So far the only useful ways was Pat's idea of a backdrop with texture then place it on the building, also applied one on a truck object then grouped it together like so.

you could uvmap the truck and apply two materials to it so people can change the sign. I thought you were modelling this stuff? then you could uvmap the cube to add a layer so people can just add the texture to the truck and then the truck could move.
2016/11/13 19:11:03
Coming to soon to the Muvizu store in fbx you simply seperate the parts you want to be transparency by putting them on a different material.

models meshs are just the framework.. you then add materials and the materials hold the properties of the object if you have parts of the object that require different properties then others (such as a light or window) you add a second material layer

you then uvmap all the material layers and texture accordingly place the parts of your uvmap requiring one set of properties on one material layer and the other parts of your uvmap onto the other material layer having the other properties.

The only place FBX is not practical (inside muvizu only) is with trees (although I have made other objects in ASE that are not trees, but you run into something called an alpha sorting bug which is characteristic of using alpha masks which is one reason why fbx was invented in the way it was to avoid the alpha sort issues). Anyhow in muvizu you really have no choice but to make trees using ase because for whatever reason -which I never bothered to decide if it was native to unreal 3 or something that muvizu just decided on- alpha masking is not recognized which is kinda wierd, but luckily they allow ase still for trees.

Anyhow the long and the short of it is yes you can put alpha into an fbx object without resorting to trickery and more mesh and flipping it inside out (mesh is one sided ) by adding more material layers.
2016/11/10 18:13:26
Coming to soon to the Muvizu store If you have permission this is different but you should be displaying it and including a license for display somewhere in the description of the asset.

As a creator I have had stuff taken and stolen from me without my permission and it does feel aweful. Its an occupational hazard, but when someone pours their love and often sweat into their creations its heartbreaking to see your creations with someone elses name on it if you have not released it for such use.

Its also one reason why I sell very little these days. I have been modelling for almost 20 years now. I love to make characters and rig them this is one of my favourite things.

https://unity3d.com/legal/as_terms
Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with Unity and except as permitted under the Unity-EULA, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell any Asset that you have acquired from the Unity Asset Store for any purpose.

edited by urbanlamb on 10/11/2016
2016/11/10 17:32:51
Coming to soon to the Muvizu store well lets hope that textures and models being created by someone else who has not given his permission to resell any of his work is not what is happening (we can only hope)

Pat on the head

Its one thing to once and awhile use stuff with appropriate creative commons licenses and "share alike" and give them out for free if you know how to muvizuize them. Its another thing purchasing assets with copyright and using any parts or textures without their permission.

So hopefully that is not what is happening here. Let's just say a few shall we say 'inconsistencies' have been noticed over time. (yeah i wasn't going to say anything but since its out in the open I might as well say something LOL)
edited by urbanlamb on 10/11/2016
2016/10/30 23:56:47
Making your own game is impossible... NOT! Rocque wrote:

Is this the same platform that Unreal Tournament was made from?

the unreal tournament was unreal engine 1 but yeah its the same company. Not really the same engine at this point its turned into something very different .
2016/10/30 16:59:51
Making your own game is impossible... NOT! Oh yeah there are a few of those operations out there. The problem is youtube is yeah its all bots. Kinda making a lot of work for the users its almost like a "guilty until proven innocent" type thing where the bots just cut huge swaths of bans and tagging leaving it up to the users to do the work of the bots.

This is where human eyes are needed but ones that are not biased .. not that wierd system they introduced awhile back. Unfortunately hiring moderators to remove the content has its own perils if you look at what they pay and how content moderators get treated so in this case I almost understand the bots lol.

Many moderators quit cause they get ptsd from looking at all the violent crap 1 per second they can't keep up so its a horrid job I would not wish on anyone. So the alternative is to go start your own or just put up with the bots LOL.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86