Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Coming Soon 2016

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
31/12/2015 17:16:29

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
This topic is for all Muvizu users to post pictures/vids of their upcoming projects.

Me first

Ted Bundy, 12 hours from execution.
edited by ziggy72 on 05/01/2016
31/12/2015 17:28:19

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
I'm glad you switched topic, the old one murders my phone when loading the thread as a massive list rather than the 25 pages.

That shot looks good, I love the detail of the photos on the table and are they lighters?
31/12/2015 21:46:13

ziggy72
Yeah, it was actually UrbanLamb that pointed it out to me - that page was just getting unwieldy. I thought now would be a good time to make the switch. And yes, that's a lighter on top of his cigarette packet. Lots of props in this thing - hundreds.
01/01/2016 00:34:19

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Yes one should start a low lag thread once and awhile I think. I thought about it for people who use tablets etc I bet the lag is kind of bad after a few pages of photos. Drink

anyhow happy new year.. another year bites the dust bring on the next year Party
01/01/2016 00:43:38

MrDrWho13
Happy new year to you too!
01/01/2016 01:22:36

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
01/01/2016 18:18:35

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Happy New Year Muvizuers...

Who knows, maybe this year "Beware the Eye of Amun-Ra" will finally see the light of day.....

01/01/2016 18:22:08

MrDrWho13
Wow that's looking very close. I wish you luck, I can't wait to see the final cut!
(Will it be in cinemas? )
01/01/2016 18:30:39

ukBerty
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Will it be in cinemas?

Unbelievably I do have a couple of cinemas who have said they will show it - one in the UK and one in the USA - so hopefully there will be a very, very limited release. I will keep everyone informed should it come to it.
01/01/2016 18:32:00

MrDrWho13
ukBerty wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Will it be in cinemas?

Unbelievably I do have a couple of cinemas who have said they will show it - one in the UK and one in the USA - so hopefully there will be a very, very limited release. I will keep everyone informed should it come to it.

I'll see if I can find any cinemas with free screens locally if you want to show it more.
Although, come to think of it, maybe it would be better if we were all in one place. I'll be waiting for updates later this year at any rate.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 01/01/2016
01/01/2016 18:54:57

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
ukBerty wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Will it be in cinemas?

We have one in ottawa called the mayfair that shows indie stuff. It was originally owned by a relative of mine in the early times of movies and always showed odd things, but when they died off it was sold to a group who kept it as it was sort of .. and now they show indie films in it. It was still standing the last time I checked but that is ottawa's cinema for showing films that are not made by the "big guys". Originally it was a mainstream cinema, but they had a habit of in off hours of showing stuff that was well not mainstream (we shall leave it at that cause the times were different then lol)

so its quite old fashioned .. I think its still standing at this point it probably would be considered a "heritage building" I would think (our way of calling old stuff 'historically significant' and the government says you can't tear it down)

You can ask them I bet they would show it. I checked the info and yes amazingly it still exists so i bet its a heritage site by now
here is the infos. http://mayfairtheatre.ca/

here is the history http://mayfairtheatre.ca/history/

this is a blast from the past when they died i inherited 30,000 bucks lol (i went out and bought a new car i needed one badly lol ) I have no clue how they managed to make money off the sale of it, but my great aunt and her husband were the original owners.

well that is a bit off tangent but anyhow I am fairly certain you can get this shown at least once anyhow there
*slinks back into the shadows*
also remembering all that made me feel quite old ^^
edited by urbanlamb on 01/01/2016
01/01/2016 21:24:44

ziggy72
Hey, they're showing Eraserhead, love that film...
01/01/2016 21:46:34

ziggy72
ukBerty wrote:

Who knows, maybe this year "Beware the Eye of Amun-Ra" will finally see the light of day.....

It has to emerge into the light - horror always does Big Grin The shots look amazing btw, even though I've seen them before, they still draw me in.
02/01/2016 00:39:20

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
@ukberty. absolutely stunning screenshots

@ziggy Eraserhead Big Grin never did work out quite what was going on there.

a blast from the past.....

02/01/2016 01:05:58

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
ukBerty wrote:

Wow! Looks fantastic , you've worked extremely hard at your movie, and I wish you all the success with it, can't wait to see it!
02/01/2016 13:53:04

ziggy72
fazz68 wrote:
@ukberty. absolutely stunning screenshots

@ziggy Eraserhead Big Grin never did work out quite what was going on there.

a blast from the past.....

Eraserhead is dead easy to follow - a man erm...goes to dinner and...there's this baby thing...and the Lady In The Radiator sings him a song...and then he loses his mind and...ehhh.... Big Grin
03/01/2016 22:05:06

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Hey everyone, I just want to give you heads up that I'm making another Star Wars Spoof, this time with Help of Artpen, He is doing all of the voices for me this time, and he has done a really fantastic job so far, just waiting for two more lines for the ending short of The Emporer.

This spoof takes place when The Emporer tries to kill Luke skywalker with the force Lighting, but the old man is getting too old, and his powers isn't what they use to be..well enough said, so if artpen can get those two lines for me we will be done!

Arten just check your messages, the details of the last two lines are there!

Thanks buddy!
03/01/2016 22:15:03

MrDrWho13
Looking forward to it!
Although remember you can't rush people.
03/01/2016 22:41:15

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I am absolutely gobsmacked by the quality of work y'all create with this software! I can't wait to see the finished product of all the previews shown here!

Ziggy, the camera work and especially the scene design in your videos is stunning! I can't imagine the work you put into your productions! And the attention to detail in all of the little accessories you use to make each scene look like it stepped out of real life and onto your page is just awe-inspiring!

It's kind of paradoxical that real life is cluttered, so it takes a lot of extra work to make a scene look "ordinary" in terms of visual stimulus. I'm too lazy for that. In my world of 2d comic strips where there is limited space in a panel, I strive for the minimal detail needed to make my point. But I have great admiration and respect for those of you who pursue a more cinematic approach. I am simply blown away by what you accomplish!

UKBerty.... I struggle for words to describe your art... really, you have taken this medium to places where I doubt the creators themselves ever thought it could go! I'm not at all surprised to hear that you have pending deals for having your work shown in theaters! In my opinion your work is on par and in some cases far better than stuff that routinely gets shown in theaters!

Your film noire dark and shadowed approach requires a whole set of lighting skills that I'd guess relatively few Muvizu users possess... but you seem to have it NAILED! And your use of realistic textures and uber-detail really and truly captures the look and feel of the genre you do so well! I can't wait to see this film, and I know I need to search for and watch every one of your previous films. You are truly one of the great Muvizu directors!

Clayster... in my opinion you win the title of resident George Lucas! Your reproductions of well-known characters and sets are ...well, to say they are amazing would be conservative, but I can't think of a more appropriate term at the moment. Let's just say they have "bling!"

In the same sense that reproducing a well-known song note for note is a LOT harder than playing your own version of it, reproducing well-known characters in specific detail is also MUCH harder than approximating them. You have really earned your audience by taking the time to create your characters and props in such detail that nobody could wonder who and what they are supposed to be. Can't wait to see the final version of your upcoming spoof!
04/01/2016 00:23:34

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Thanks for the kind words PatMarrNC, your coming along great to, so I encourage you to keep up the good work, always look for new and better ways to make the best of what you have, even though they aren't made the way you wanted to be, but with your imagination and creative skill you shouldn't have any problems, you already showing some of the methods that I use.

cheers my good friend.
04/01/2016 04:25:23

ziggy72
Thanks Pat, and yes I do like my mundane clutter

04/01/2016 09:10:01

WabbyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Wabby
Hello there and happy new year for all !

So nice pictures here, again !

I promise : this year : I'll be back with a lot of surprises, now my kids are grown enough to give me some free time :-)
13/01/2016 02:59:52

ziggy72
13/01/2016 03:04:04

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
he looks "pensive"
13/01/2016 12:19:45

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Wabby wrote:
Hello there and happy new year for all !

So nice pictures here, again !

I promise : this year : I'll be back with a lot of surprises, now my kids are grown enough to give me some free time :-)

Wabby,
I look forward to seeing your next offering! I'm sure it will be amazing!
13/01/2016 15:41:55

ziggy72
urbanlamb wrote:
he looks "pensive"

His next line is "Did you ever bury any of them, Ted?" I'd be a little pensive too if that's the sort of questions I had to ask
13/01/2016 16:22:13

fman00
fman00
ziggy72 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:
he looks "pensive"

His next line is "Did you ever bury any of them, Ted?" I'd be a little pensive too if that's the sort of questions I had to ask

This may be a daft question Ziggy but is this going to be a comedy video? It's going to be seriously dark if it is- couldn't see the two ronnies doing that sketch!
13/01/2016 19:02:21

ziggy72
fman00 wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:
he looks "pensive"

This may be a daft question Ziggy but is this going to be a comedy video? It's going to be seriously dark if it is- couldn't see the two ronnies doing that sketch!

No laughs in this one, no. It's about Ted Bundy, so... seriously dark just about covers it
13/01/2016 20:57:49

fman00
fman00
Really looking forward to seeing that. Always wondered how dark you could make a movie in Muvizu with the characters being so cartoony.
16/03/2016 18:55:21

ziggy72
16/03/2016 20:50:06

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
you are a master of your craft, sir! Can't wait to see it! (how much longer do we have to wait?)
16/03/2016 23:09:27

ziggy72
Hope to have it done this year...but said that last year...and the year before that... tell you what, ask ukBerty Big Grin

Actually, part of the reason this takes so long is that I realised, as I was shooting down at the far end, that I didn't like the corridor - it was too cheerful for a prison. So I changed it a bit, added a crack to the plaster, which means re-rendering it...

...and I still might come back to that one. And the cell at the end...and Hammer Time
17/03/2016 03:32:38

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ziggy72 wrote:
Hope to have it done this year...but said that last year...and the year before that... tell you what, ask ukBerty Big Grin

we need another thread called "COMING SOMEDAY" for you and Berty... ;-)

or maybe "WORTH THE WAIT"

I think there is a phenomenon in the creative realm that works much like the Commitment Anxiety of the relationship realm. "I can't commit because it's not right yet...."

I'm on a song writing forum, and in that environment I never feel like my work is polished enough to release. There's always more that could be done. The amount of detail and polish that can apply to video projects is potentially much more, so I'm impressed that detail freaks like you and Berty can ever stop working on a scene and move on to the next one.
edited by PatMarrNC on 17/03/2016
17/03/2016 09:45:42

Wabby
PatMarrNC wrote:
we need another thread called "COMING SOMEDAY" for you and Berty... ;-)

Excellent !

@ziggy : Your visual is really looking good, bravo !
17/03/2016 16:17:20

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
thanks for the update

I think many "delays" are redoing of stuff and adding new tools to the toolbox as muvizu alone probably isn't enough to achieve what they are after.
26/03/2016 21:06:56

Wabby
26/03/2016 23:49:21

braj
braj
ukBerty wrote:

That looks awesome! How do you do the flashlight animation?
29/03/2016 12:19:38

ziggy72
Wabby wrote:

Nice, I like the look of your animations, very solid and the colours mix well. Cool
29/03/2016 14:28:52

ukBerty
braj wrote:
That looks awesome! How do you do the flashlight animation?

That's quite an old shot now so I think it was in after effects. Nowadays I would use HitFilm.
22/04/2016 08:33:56

ukBerty
Just doing some tidying up and have slightly rehashed one of the trailers for Amun-Ra (now with more realistic release date!)

Here it is.....

Just working on the second one now.....
22/04/2016 11:16:33

ukBerty
Finished tidying the second one now....

edited by ukBerty on 22/04/2016
22/04/2016 11:18:38

MrDrWho13
Looks good, looking forward to 2018
22/04/2016 11:22:57

ukBerty
I have also re-vamped the film's website to make it a bit more modern and less clunky.

I have uploaded some more images from the movie.

You can find the website here :- http://www.rodneyandberty.com

Please note that the website has moved so the ziggymesh sketchup exporter can be found here.... http://www.rodneyandberty.com/#!downloads/rmmoz
22/04/2016 11:23:58

ukBerty
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Looks good, looking forward to 2018

I was actually thinking of you when I changed the date !

2017 it is. And that's final (probably)
22/04/2016 11:38:01

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Looking fantastic ukberty - really looking forward to seeing the finished film. Very impressed with the new website too.
edited by toonarama on 22/04/2016
22/04/2016 14:11:55

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
UKBerty,

this looks amazing! So professionally done in every way! You have set the bar out of reach for the rest of us! I wish you much success in marketing this film... all the work and time you've invested in it is about to pay off!

Now if this crazy world holds on for at least another year, and I don't die, I look forward to watching the full movie in 2017!
22/04/2016 17:06:51

MrDrWho13
Only just had the chance to watch them through properly. Did you replace the mummy with a different model in the shorter trailer since the older one?
Still looks absolutely brilliant. I hope it will be a hit with people outside Muvizu too!

Edit: I love the snazzy website too.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 22/04/2016
22/04/2016 17:15:51

ukBerty
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Did you replace the mummy with a different model in the shorter trailer since the older one?

Yes - it's now Beefy with a new head attachment. Looks more menacing.
22/04/2016 19:04:09

ziggy72
The new website looks very smart, nice job. You know, I bet all the Muvizu people who see the film will spend most of it going 'how the hell did he do that?!' and miss the story completely the first time they watch it
22/04/2016 19:35:07

ukBerty
ziggy72 wrote:
....miss the story completely the first time they watch it

As Pixar drill into us.... "The story is King"
22/04/2016 19:51:08

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ziggy72 wrote:
The new website looks very smart, nice job. You know, I bet all the Muvizu people who see the film will spend most of it going 'how the hell did he do that?!' and miss the story completely the first time they watch it

LOL! I'm sure there will be a lot of that! From what I've seen so far, Berty has stretched a boundary or two in the making of this epic masterpiece!
23/04/2016 05:51:43

Rocque
Rocque
I had chills watching the first trailer! The website is also an incredible work of art. There is a lot to strive for watching all that can be created with Muvizu. I will be interested in seeing the final project, and plan on staying alive long enough to do that. That was from PatMarrNC's comment. I am not sure how crazy the world may be then, but I hope to be turning out some not so epic animations by then.

It is inspiring to see how much time people are spending on their animations and it sure gives me a lot to look forward to learning. Hopefully one day I will understand how and why I would use sketchup. I thought maybe I could put it on hock dogs (a try at humor).

This has been a great read. Thanks for sharing.
23/04/2016 14:18:57

Wabby
The best and biggest Muvizu project

2017 is almost tomorrow !

"Bon courage et bonne chance" as we say in French.
23/04/2016 16:05:30

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
This project is so spectacular, it's bound to get a lot of attention for Muvizu!
23/04/2016 20:31:53

ukBerty
Wabby wrote:
2017 is almost tomorrow !

Don't I know it !
23/04/2016 21:18:05

Rocque
Rocque
Even though 2017 is only tomorrow. It seems like maybe the day after tomorrow for me. Seriously though, ukBerty, no pressure. To make a project like you are making should take as much time as you need unless you are under contract and you lose a million dollars for every day behind schedule. Maybe one day you will look back on these days of creating as "the good old days".

Is there any way you would have time in the future to answer some questions about the processes you are using?
23/04/2016 22:14:38

ukBerty
Rocque wrote:
Is there any way you would have time in the future to answer some questions about the processes you are using?

Of course, I will answer any questions you have. Fire away.....
23/04/2016 22:41:58

MrDrWho13
ukBerty wrote:
Rocque wrote:

It might be worth making a small documentary if you gather enough questions. (I imagine you'll get a fair few when the film is released)
edited by MrDrWho13 on 23/04/2016
23/04/2016 23:16:10

Wabby
Ho yes... a documentary made with Muvizu !

24/04/2016 01:00:47

Rocque
Rocque
MrDrWho13 wrote:
ukBerty wrote:
Rocque wrote:

It might be worth making a small documentary if you gather enough questions. (I imagine you'll get a fair few when the film is released)
edited by MrDrWho13 on 23/04/2016

A documentary would be awesome. Please finish the movie first. Should I post questions in this thread? They might not appear for a while, since I have to watch the trailers again and then narrow down what I want to ask into something that you can answer. I am a total newbie with Muvizu, and all the techniques using outside sources are foreign to me right now. I am still in the experimental stage, but almost done with my first one, and will welcome all constructive help.
24/04/2016 05:58:31

ukBerty
Rocque wrote:
Should I post questions in this thread? They might not appear for a while...

No hurry.

Maybe start a new thread when you're ready.
24/04/2016 20:59:48

Wabby
Do you like slasher movies ? Work in progress... Cool

24/04/2016 22:26:49

Rocque
Rocque
I really do not like them, but at Go!Animate I played this really fun character, Molly, in a series where everyone was ending up dead. I might have been the only one who lived, but can not remember. Oh it was based on Scream. So if you need a voice, let me know.
13/06/2016 18:17:31

ziggy72
Pull up a chair...
13/06/2016 18:23:43

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
cool looking set! Especially the electric chair!
13/06/2016 18:35:42

MrDrWho13
Oh nice chair. Strange headrest though, can't be very comfortable. Maybe that's why the strap are there, to encourage people to sit in the nice chair. You're doing a kids film right?
On a slightly more serious note, I love the incredible detail you've put into this. The phone, the straps, the pipes/wires going up to that box. Brilliant work as always!
13/06/2016 19:21:23

ziggy72
Thanks, but it's a comfy chair, honest Big Grin Yeah, the straps have been tough to make, then even tougher to warp into a shape that looks half natural. Had to though, the Sketchup ones I had before looked like ass, and ruined the whole vibe. I think the box on the wall is a circuit breaker or something - dunno, I just copied the photos taken on the morning of the execution.
14/06/2016 03:14:39

Rocque
Rocque
ziggy72 wrote:
Thanks, but it's a comfy chair, honest Big Grin Yeah, the straps have been tough to make, then even tougher to warp into a shape that looks half natural. Had to though, the Sketchup ones I had before looked like ass, and ruined the whole vibe. I think the box on the wall is a circuit breaker or something - dunno, I just copied the photos taken on the morning of the execution.

I am not sure what execution you watched, but it reminds me of that Tom Hanks movie, The Green Mile. That one guard even looks like Tom Hanks, well sort of. It is a great set, and I can not wait to see how you create a great comedy with it. Ewwwww.
14/06/2016 04:59:49

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Rocque wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:

I am not sure what execution you watched, but it reminds me of that Tom Hanks movie, The Green Mile. That one guard even looks like Tom Hanks, well sort of. It is a great set, and I can not wait to see how you create a great comedy with it. Ewwwww.

Ziggy's work in process tells the true story of a serial killer (Ted Bundy), and it's a dark theme, not a comedy by any means.
14/06/2016 14:44:53

ziggy72
I think Rocque was taking the mick, Pat

The set is based on the photo (inset) that was taken on the morning of Ted's execution. The chair is slightly different because of 'making it work with potato heads' reasons. The head cap they used wasn't fixed to the chair in real life, that's a slightly different design of chair also in use at the time.
14/06/2016 16:37:21

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:

Nice mate
14/06/2016 17:04:34

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I think Rocque was taking the mick, Pat

No doubt that's true.. but there have been other thread about comedy, and it's easy to get the threads intertwined logically.
(By the way, I'd never heard the term "taking the mick" before. )

Ziggy, you are indeed the master of details! This is a good story for you, because it is full of details from news stories, witness testimony etc.

I'd kind of like to see more of the photos you used to build sets and models... not yet , of course... until we see the movie you wouldn't want to give too much away. But after the fact, it would be a great follow-up documentary "the making of Sam Ammish", with all the behind the scenes and prep work details. Gee, that could keep you busy for another couple of years!
14/06/2016 19:30:37

ziggy72
@ Fazz68 Thanks, it's your kind of prop isn't it

@ PatMarrNC 'Taking the mick' is a pretty standard saying in the UK, but in an international forum like this one regional sayings can cause confusion - I should remember to keep it less regional Big Grin And btw, I've kept all my 'work in progress' shots of my sets as I built them, with a view to making some kind of tutorial to aid others (once I'm finished). I forget how I built the sets sometimes, so it helps me too.
15/06/2016 04:30:44

Rocque
Rocque
I guess I should pay attention to what page the discussion is on before replying. I was too impressed with the scene and had no idea what is was for.

Here is the link to some nice renderings from The Green Mile movie. https://www.behance.net/gallery/4223745/The-Green-Mile-3D-Scene-Rendering

The image above is one of the renderings. Maybe you can see the similarity. However Ziggy's is so close to the picture that it is worthy of awe on his crafting skills.
15/06/2016 07:06:45

Speedking5
Speedking5
ziggy72 wrote:
Pull up a chair...

Looks awesome man ! Ive never seen detail like that on Muvizu
15/06/2016 12:03:36

alquimista
alquimista
Hi everyone !
Here´s my first animation test for this short animated film I´m planning to do with Muvizu. (Continuing what I´ve said on another thread here in the forum); Just the basics for now. Later it will be more polished and all that. Consider this like some sort of a trailer.

I´ve been around Muvizu for months on end now, but excepting for another early test of mine some months ago to figure out how muvizu worked; this one now "Planet of no Return" is my first official atempt of creating something with Muvizu.
For now my idea is to try to create a movie using only the standart Muvizu assets to get a general feel of the limitations, (except for my own illustration in the background); so essentially, it´s a test, not only for the animation but to see what I could do with editing, sound atmosphere, etc, etc, etc, you know how it is.

I plan to create a more detailed group of sets and then continue to fully develop my idea into a short animated movie, in between my illustration work. In the future I want to import my own models for sets, etc.
15/06/2016 14:09:06

Rocque
Rocque
This looks great, alquimista. I saw your work on the other thread and your website definitely shows you are a highly talented artist. Your set is very creative and if this is just the beginning for you, we have a lot to look forward to in the future. Thanks for the sneak preview, and let us know if you need help staying motivated.
15/06/2016 14:51:12

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
alquimista wrote:
Hi everyone !
Here´s my first animation test for this short animated film I´m planning to do with Muvizu. (Continuing what I´ve said on another thread here in the forum); Just the basics for now. Later it will be more polished and all that. Consider this like some sort of a trailer. (snip! )

Based on what I've seen on your personal web site, I am already very impressed... so I'm looking forward to seeing how you apply all that talent to the world of Muvizu! Your trailer looks awesome already!

You may already know (if you've been reading other threads) that the forum is having a series of contests... maybe by the time you have this current project finished it will fit the genre of an upcoming contest

But whether you join in any contests or not, I'm very glad you are on the forum, and I wish you nothing but success in all of your projects!
15/06/2016 15:00:27

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Speedking5 wrote:
Looks awesome man ! Ive never seen detail like that on Muvizu

You see a lot of complaining on the forum about what Muvizu CAN'T do... but Guys like Ziggy and UKBerty and Clayster do an amazing job of expanding our understanding of just what it CAN do! In the hands of the right person, there is almost no scene that can't be presented in one way or another...

and, as Ziggy has shown here, the quality and detail can be as good as the user is capable of making it!

Thanks to UrbanLamb for being a pioneer in the realm of using ultra realistic models Muvizu!

I love to see a bunch of smart and creative people in a forum learning from the successes of others!
edited by PatMarrNC on 15/06/2016
15/06/2016 15:11:35

ziggy72
Yup, looks really good. Your backdrop is a little warped - I always 'compress' my skydome picture vertically in photoshop because Muvizu stretches it out to fit (so it evens out in the finished shot and helps to avoid those kind of distortions). Incidentally, the ideal dimensions for the skydome sky are :

W = 2048
H = 512

If you reduce the width to 1024 and duplicate it you end up with a reasonably 'flat' looking sky. So, what happens now on the planet?
15/06/2016 15:53:58

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
The muvizu skydome is pretty standard and uses the same proportions of "them other guys".

http://hdri-skies.com/
http://www.hdrskydome.com/
https://www.environment-textures.com/

https://www.3d.sk/ (this one i put in because its the parent site to a couple of those listed above)
15/06/2016 17:02:57

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
urbanlamb wrote:
The muvizu skydome is pretty standard and uses the same proportions of "them other guys".

http://hdri-skies.com/
http://www.hdrskydome.com/
https://www.environment-textures.com/

https://www.3d.sk/ (this one i put in because its the parent site to a couple of those listed above)

wow! Thanks UrbanLamb! This is a very useful bit of information!!

am I correct in thinking that I'd need to split these into separate files for use as Muvizu sky and muvizu ground?
15/06/2016 17:59:06

ukBerty
alquimista wrote:
Here´s my first animation test for this short animated film I´m planning to do with Muvizu.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your output in Muvizu as I've had a good look at your website. I have no artistic capabilities at all so image what someone with your talent can come up with!
15/06/2016 18:16:00

alquimista
alquimista
ziggy72 wrote:
Yup, looks really good. Your backdrop is a little warped - I always 'compress' my skydome picture vertically in photoshop because Muvizu stretches it out to fit (so it evens out in the finished shot and helps to avoid those kind of distortions). Incidentally, the ideal dimensions for the skydome sky are :

W = 2048
H = 512

If you reduce the width to 1024 and duplicate it you end up with a reasonably 'flat' looking sky. So, what happens now on the planet?

Cool ! Thanks that is very useful.
15/06/2016 18:28:15

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ukBerty wrote:
I have no artistic capabilities at all so....

in order for that statement to be true, we'd need a very narrow definition of the term "artistic capabilities"!!

I think everyone on the forum would agree that you've supplied more than enough evidence to prove that you are indeed overflowing with artistic capabilities.

Stated differently: if it were illegal to have artistic talent, and you were in a court of law being tried on such charge... I'm afraid there's more than enough evidence to hang you.

So let's all hope that it's never illegal to be creative, because I'd hate to lose all my friends in one smack of the judge's gavel.

;-)
15/06/2016 18:32:34

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
PatMarrNC wrote:

wow! Thanks UrbanLamb! This is a very useful bit of information!!

am I correct in thinking that I'd need to split these into separate files for use as Muvizu sky and muvizu ground?

no just scale them down its designed to fit on a dome if you dont want ground just cut it off but there are a lot that have just sky on them you just need to browse around.
edited by urbanlamb on 15/06/2016
15/06/2016 18:45:32

MrDrWho13
PatMarrNC wrote:
Stated differently: if it were illegal to have artistic talent, and you were in a court of law being tried on such charge... I'm afraid there's more than enough evidence to hang you.

Well that's one way to say it, I suppose! laugh
edited by MrDrWho13 on 15/06/2016
15/06/2016 21:11:53

ziggy72
MrDrWho13 wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:

No need for hanging! I've got a perfectly good chair for that...
15/06/2016 22:42:51

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ziggy72 wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:

No need for hanging! I've got a perfectly good chair for that...

LOL!
And this is why I enjoy hanging out with creative people!
16/06/2016 02:49:32

Speedking5
Speedking5
Im very Add so I have 20 little projects right now. Really enjoy using this program when I have time off.Still most of the time is just testing stuff out.

16/06/2016 04:26:58

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I'm kind of the same way, Speedking... I have a lot of projects "in process", but I open them only when there's an idea to explore. After I see the results, the project gets saved and closed for who knows how long. Some of them require more skill than I have yet... some require more time than I have available at the moment... some require more enthusiasm than I can muster for that idea... some are waiting on a eureka moment that tells me how to proceed...

Maybe someday they'll all get finished...

But I like the examples you've posted... it looks like you have some previous experience with 3d modelling, which will be very helpful in this environment! I look forward to seeing more from you! I hope you'll participate in the current wave of contests!
17/06/2016 03:20:14

Rocque
Rocque
ziggy72 wrote:

W = 2048
H = 512

What does this mean? What is skydome? Is this something I should know if I am attempting to work with photographs in my background shots?
17/06/2016 07:02:51

MrDrWho13
Rocque wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:

W = 2048
H = 512

What does this mean? What is skydome? Is this something I should know if I am attempting to work with photographs in my background shots?

The skydome is the sky bit of Muvizu's environment. If you go to edit-->edit environment, then click in to the section called sky, the image you put here goes on to Muvizu's sky. You may not have noticed before, but Muvizu is inside a giant 3D dome which is why it's called the skydome. (The sky in the dome)

This isn't important for backdrops though. You can see the aspect ratios for those here: http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/101
18/06/2016 02:53:38

Rocque
Rocque
Thank you MDW13. I appreciate the link, too. I know I have messed up my backdrop by not knowing the aspect ratio. This will help.
26/06/2016 03:08:32

ziggy72
I know I said I wasn't going to post any more pictures of what I'm working on for Clayster's competition, but I love this image This is what Burroughs used to do, just go on a stage and sit and read to the audience in darkness. A little sepia tint to the camera output is the only effect added. So simple - this is why I love this program you know, its not for the tricks its for the looks you can achieve.

26/06/2016 03:13:56

Rocque
Rocque
ziggy72 wrote:
I know I said I wasn't going to post any more pictures of what I'm working on for Clayster's competition, but I love this image This is what Burroughs used to do, just go on a stage and sit and read to the audience in darkness. A little sepia tint to the camera output is the only effect added. So simple - this is why I love this program you know, its not for the tricks its for the looks you can achieve.

How did you get the character, and desk? Everything looks awesome. I spent all day on about 30 seconds of my animation. I used parts from a pre-existing scene so just had to add a few more things here and there to personalize it. It is absolutely nothing like yours. However I still need to do more, and this is just one part I worked on today. I hope the rest goes smoothly so I can have it finished for the competition.

Keep up the good work Ziggy.
edited by Rocque on 26/06/2016
26/06/2016 03:27:42

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Ziggy,
you are indeed the scene Meister!

Anybody know if any of the other Moguls will be participating in the contest/challenge/whatever we decided to call it?
edited by PatMarrNC on 26/06/2016
26/06/2016 04:28:58

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I haven't done anything in ages but I was thinking about trying to come up with a little something for the competition. The wife and I are in the process of buying a new house so I don't really have a lot of time to animate but I'll try.
26/06/2016 14:33:14

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
keep us posted on the new house! Sounds exciting!
26/06/2016 14:53:27

MrDrWho13
PatMarrNC wrote:
Ziggy,
you are indeed the scene Meister!

Anybody know if any of the other Moguls will be participating in the contest/challenge/whatever we decided to call it?

I've started a project but I'm not sure if I can make it funny enough, so I may enter this, something else, or maybe I'll wait for the next competition.
26/06/2016 14:54:57

ukBerty
PatMarrNC wrote:
Anybody know if any of the other Moguls will be participating in the contest

I am following with close interest, but I'm afraid I won't be participating. Beware the Eye of Amun-Ra is approaching five years in production and if I want to finish it before one of us dies I need to focus and crack on.

I wish everyone good luck and may join in next year when this damn thing is done
26/06/2016 16:08:56

ziggy72
Rocque wrote:
How did you get the character, and desk? Everything looks awesome. I spent all day on about 30 seconds of my animation. I used parts from a pre-existing scene so just had to add a few more things here and there to personalize it. It is absolutely nothing like yours. However I still need to do more, and this is just one part I worked on today. I hope the rest goes smoothly so I can have it finished for the competition.

Keep up the good work Ziggy.
edited by Rocque on 26/06/2016

The character is just the standard Sinister without his usual evil accessories (dressed formally for the occasion!). I added some detail to his face decal, but other than that he is pretty standard. The desk is just a Muvizu desk - don't know what 'pack' it comes from, since I always just use the search box in the Create Objects bit to pull up things (manually searching through them all is too slow). The papers and coffee cup are imported, and the whole lot sits on a floating ground plane. The lighting consists of two spotlights - on a black set they look quite dramatic And that's it - like I said, there are no magical tricks to help you make your movie, only what Muvizu gives you (but some users are so focussed on what it CANT do they never get around to exploiting what it CAN do!). The only way any of us get better at anything is practise, so please, everyone, enter something into Clayster's competition and show some support. And thankyou for your questions Rocque, I am happy to explain anything to anyone if it helps them.
26/06/2016 17:09:58

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ukBerty wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:
Anybody know if any of the other Moguls will be participating in the contest

I am following with close interest, but I'm afraid I won't be participating. Beware the Eye of Amun-Ra is approaching five years in production and if I want to finish it before one of us dies I need to focus and crack on.

I wish everyone good luck and may join in next year when this damn thing is done

I respect your dedication to task! Can't wait to see the final product!

(And, FWIW, I'm also hoping nobody involved in the project dies!!)
26/06/2016 17:11:36

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
(but some users are so focussed on what it CANT do they never get around to exploiting what it CAN do!).

What he said ^^^^^^
26/06/2016 17:20:25

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
MrDrWho13 wrote:

I've started a project but I'm not sure if I can make it funny enough, so I may enter this, something else, or maybe I'll wait for the next competition.

"Funny enough?"

Gee, I'd hate to think there are humour police who get to declare where the threshold begins at which anything can be declared to be funny. My own take is that unless a video is clearly meant to be taken seriously, then it qualifies.

Personally, I like understated tongue in cheek humour.

Having said that, only you get to decide whether or not to participate. But I've hired some thugs to help you decide, and they're on their way to your house now....

;-)
26/06/2016 22:55:44

Rocque
Rocque
We should also have a dedicated area for the best thread comments and this one has several.

MDW13's not funny enough comment is one I am still laughing over. I am not sure why I thought that comment was so funny, but I was thinking the same thing about my entry as I am making it. I even made the same comment to someone else that I did not think my entry was going to be funny enough for a competition on humor.

PatMarrNC offers the most encouraging comments to everyone and definitely deserves an award for motivational commenting.

Ziggy72's comment in the following quotes are also highly encouraging and motivational:
like I said, there are no magical tricks to help you make your movie, only what Muvizu gives you (but some users are so focussed on what it CANT do they never get around to exploiting what it CAN do!). The only way any of us get better at anything is practise, so please, everyone, enter something into Clayster's competition and show some support. And thank you for your questions Rocque, I am happy to explain anything to anyone if it helps them.

This is one reason why I look forward to reading this forum. There are super stars here! Thanks for being excellent ambassadors for Muvizu.
30/06/2016 08:55:23

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
Wow, Sinister makes for an absolutely perfect Burroughs! I suppose he could make a pretty good version of various other gaunt dude celebs. He could do well as a lot of classic rock stars... Iggy Pop, Bowie, Mick Jagger, etc. (So if anybody wants to make the Dancing in the Streets video in Muvizu, you're good to go.)

ziggy72 wrote:

30/06/2016 15:46:22

ziggy72
He does do good 'gaunt' does Sinister - he doesn't get used enough because of the dumb default hand positions, which is a shame.
30/06/2016 17:01:37

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
If the table had been round, this would be a good setup for a Charlie Rose interview...
29/09/2016 16:53:44

ziggy72

Nearly done - editing, editing, editing...
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Coming Soon 2016