Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Importing and using still pictures

the topic is closed
12/07/2011 09:55:56

MediaConferenceDweeb
MediaConferenceDweeb
Which demo should I watch if I want to learn how to import images to use in movies. I want to have one image, which changes content occasionally. I would have a series of images on disk that I'd be importing, and showing one of them at a time.

I should probably RTFM on this, but I have so many things to do at present (as always ) I thought I'd post to see if anyone can shortcut the process a bit.
12/07/2011 10:46:46

Luscan
Luscan
Hello,

We have a pretty neat system in place that allows you to do exactly what you're looking for by the sounds of it.

The Backdrops tutorial shows off image importing pretty nicely. You can view it Here . If you can't see the video for some reason I've typed in the steps below.

The first thing you're going to want to do is create a backdrop. Do this by moving your mouse over the Create menu and clicking Backdrops...

Select one of the backdrops that you want to apply your picture and, once you've created the backdrop, right click it. Inside the object menu you'll see a square named 'Image'. Click that.

You can then import other images by clicking the Import button.

It's also possible to change images on the fly in Muvizu whilst you're directing if you want a character to give a Slideshow presentation or something similar. The process behind this is a little more complicated but it sounds like it's what you're interested in doing.

Follow the steps above to create the backdrop and, once you've imported the image, go to Prepare in the bar at the top of Muvizu and select 'Object properties' whilst you still have the backdrop selected. You'll be shown a menu with the options Object, Track and Animation.

Select the 'Image' option in the Track drop down menu and then select the 'Animate' option in the Animation drop down menu.

You'll see that the box has changed and now shows 9 pictures with the word 'None' written on them. Import your pictures by clicking on those 'None' symbols and then clicking Import in the bottom left of the Palette window. Once you've brought all your pictures in you can cycle through them by clicking on them in the Direct object properties menu when you're directing that object like you would with anything else in Muvizu.

Hopefully this helps

If you need anything else please don't hesitate to ask!
12/07/2011 11:22:35

MediaConferenceDweeb
MediaConferenceDweeb
Thanks. I'll give that a go.

But, you mention that there are 9 boxes for images. What if I want to have more than 9 images in the sequence? I could make multiple scenes, which should join fairly well if I start and end on the same camera location. Or, can I layer multiple backdrops, which are invisible when they have "none" selected for the image?
12/07/2011 12:09:38

Luscan
Luscan
You could do either one of those things!

If you have the image that a backdrop shows set to None then it becomes invisible and if there's another backdrop behind that which shows that images you want that would work just fine too. You can have as many backdrops as you want in a scene.

Stitching together multiple videos would work fine too and might be a little bit easier.
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Importing and using still pictures