Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Rough cut- Few minutes of movie

the topic is closed
18/08/2011 10:15:12

RightURKen
RightURKen
This is a rough cut of a few minutes of a possible feature length movie. It does not have music or sound effects yet and is a rough cut so it has a couple of mistakes. I only put this up because I have a friend who's bugging me to see footage and I thought I would also let people here have a quick peak. I'll be taking it down in a couple of days.

The clip is of little Timmy playing in the forest imagining his having adventures. The story is Timmy has no friends and pretends to have adventures until he meets an alien who makes friends with and has a real adventure.

Well anyway here it is-

Like I said it's a rough cut so be kind.
18/08/2011 15:44:06

Luscan
Luscan
Love it. It's got a lot of promise already - the main character's pretty funny but there's a bit at the start where he looks left, right and then walks to the left for a tiny amount of time before heading off screen to the right. There's a lot of good work that's gone into the shape and size of the characters eyes to make them really expressive especially with the size of their pupils which is a neat touch.

Did you make the big tall pine tree model yourself? It looks ace
18/08/2011 20:11:28

RightURKen
RightURKen
Luscan wrote:
... but there's a bit at the start where he looks left, right and then walks to the left for a tiny amount of time before heading off screen to the right. .)

That's intentional, it's meant to be funny. That's why I have him cross the screen back and forth. Like he can't decide which way to go.

The pine tree is an import from google warehouse. I wanted to scatter pine trees around because in many sets I use the pine tree picture included in Muvizu as background to break up the horizon but thought people would notice there were no pine trees in other shots.

Thanks for the compliment. I thought most people wouldn't think it's very good because there is no music or sound effects yet. Those things make a HUGE difference in any movie but particularly animation. But I won't be adding those things until the entire movie is finished. One person doing an entire feature length animated movie? That could take me years.
the topic is closed

Home ? Your Videos ? Rough cut- Few minutes of movie