Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? video fails to show in youtube search

the topic is closed
04/11/2011 08:27:10

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Hello all

My latest video (competition entry) does not show up on Youtube searches (even when i type in the exact title). Has any one experienced this issue before or know how it can be resolved?

I usually search on "muvizu" and then order by upload date. If I do that now later versions do show up so it is not a case of it being too soon to turn up in the search results.

I've noticed that Hexslayer's most recent video is also not showing - infact befor chuckles upload today none of the videos which were uploaded within the last couple of days show up in searches.

Any ideas because I would hate to miss out on potential views!

Thanks

Mick
edited by toonarama on 04/11/2011
04/11/2011 09:55:52

IanSExperimental userMuvizu staff
IanS
Hi toonarama,

We have a lot of trouble with YouTube's search, particularly through the API. One minute a video comes back in the API results and next, it doesn't. Or, very occasionally, not at all!

Generally your video will show up eventually, usually within 8 hours of any changes: http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=58097

Bit of a long shot, but you could try making your video private, changing the title & description very slightly and turning it back to public which may force them to re-index it again. Also, make sure syndication is set to yes.

We're getting your video back through an API search so I'd expect it'll turn up in the search very soon at YouTube.com also.

Ian
04/11/2011 10:03:23

toonarama
Thanks very much Ian

I'll give your idea a try.

All the best

Mick
04/11/2011 10:25:08

toonarama
IanS wrote:
Bit of a long shot, but you could try making your video private, changing the title & description very slightly and turning it back to public which may force them to re-index it again. Also, make sure syndication is set to yes. Ian

Ian - worked a treat - it is showing up now Thank you very much!!Rock Band
the topic is closed

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? video fails to show in youtube search