Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Make a Glass Material in Muvizu

the topic is closed
18/01/2012 10:35:48

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
I'm making a prop for a clip, and I need the prop to be made of glass. How do I make the material like the jars etc in the Muvizu science lab?

Is this something that is done in Muvizu or is it something I need to do in my modelling software?

Tim
18/01/2012 12:38:06

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Dylly wrote:
I'm making a prop for a clip, and I need the prop to be made of glass. How do I make the material like the jars etc in the Muvizu science lab?

Is this something that is done in Muvizu or is it something I need to do in my modelling software?

Tim

What you can do is make a alpha channel in a TGA file to give you a transparent texture. You can probably use a glass texture or just a plain colour tint then to make it look like glass.

http://photoshoptips.net/2006/11/26/alpha-channels-an-introduction/

If you make a UV map you can apply an alpha channel with the right amount of transparency at only the part of the map you need it at.

Let me know if that gives you the desired result!

--
Direct, don't animate!
18/01/2012 13:35:38

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Thanks Jamie I will give it a try and let you know...and now...still on maps ...

Still part of the same project...I've got a model that is quite complicated....now in other software Poser, Daz et al , models have one or more maps, one for face one for body, one for limbs etc. I've noticed in Muvizu that on occasion I've imported models that have had two or more 'material' slots placing materials on different sections of a model. I know that the unreal engine lets you have static meshes that have more than one map.

Now in 3ds max I've made a model that has a house section and a roof section each of which has been mapped separately, and when I export it as an .ase file the file refers to both materials, yet only one map fits correctly.

What am I doing wrong...or does'nt Muvizu support this at the minute... Or have I just lost the plot?Whaaaaa?
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Make a Glass Material in Muvizu