Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? Anyone use AVS? quality lost from Muvizu to AVS...

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
06/05/2012 04:14:14

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Quality problem going from Muvizu to AVS...Help..

Here is what I am doing, I have a great quality HD render from Muvizu, and now I am trying out AVS asa video editor...in AVS I selected the same HD codec 720x1280 (default settings at that codec) and as a test put 2 1min vds in avs and rendered them, and the video/sound quality was significantly lower and the file size was alot higher...I don't know alot about codecs at all, but this puzzles me, as far as I know I used the same codec setting in AVS as I did in Muvizu(which came out perfect in Muvizu)and I wanted to take videos from muvizu into as to edit them. I did not register/pay for AVS yet as I am only trying it out(but that shouldn't matter).should I just use a different editor? I need a good quality Video editor so I can piece my vids together. Please Help! - EEF
edited by EEFilmz on 06/05/2012
06/05/2012 11:09:31

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Hi EEF,

I've used quite a few video editors and so far the top three I tried are as follows

In number 3 spot is good ole' Windows Movie Maker...Its FREE and does all the basics
In Number 2 spot is Pinnacle Studio...Great effects, great sound...but a complete pain in the ass with product keys to open each individual section of the software...and if you need to reinstall on another machine....forget it.
But in Number 1 spot for quality and price Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum!
06/05/2012 11:38:15

gimmick
gimmick
1280x720, it's just the size of image but there are many codecs HD 1280x720. For example in Muvizu :

- Xvid mpeg4
- microsoft video 1
- cinepak radius
- intel IYUV
- huffYUV
- ffdshow MJPEG

Xvid mpeg4 is very good alone with Muvizu but not good if you use an extra editing software. ffdshow is better for that

I confirm that Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum is fantastic
06/05/2012 15:05:15

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Yip, Sony Vegas here too!
06/05/2012 18:32:45

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Previously Adobe Premiere, but now Vegas Pro as well. Also EEFilmz, remember that most codecs are not lossless, you need to use something like YUV to remove any compression from your output and maintain quality. Just better make sure you've got a few hundred gig of hard space lying around...
06/05/2012 18:46:42

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I'm definitely no expert when it comes to codecs or video editors for that matter but I've been using AVS video editor for awhile now and I haven't had any problems. The final file sizes I get from AVS have been pretty good too.

Most all of the animations I've created up to now have been created with AVS.

It's not the most "robust" video editor available but it has enough "bells and whistles" to allow me to create pretty much what I want thus far. I also have Sony Vegas Pro installed on my system and once I learn how to use it better I plan on using it for video editing but for now AVS is getting the job done.
07/05/2012 01:42:41

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Thanks to all, I feel like I'm not getting it or something, All the settings choices/advanced options are confusing to me, and basically, I am havin a hard time even finding the FFdshow option in AVS or anything else. Not sure what I am doing wrong...(not alot of sleep lately)...

So Mysto, I previously downloaded AVS when I saw your posts before and read about it - seems like it has alot of options,wish I could get your file size/quality results!

and I then of course I read Dylly's posts which helped me out alot esp the screenshot! from that I configured 720HD Xvid codec, which was how I uploaded a great qualty 720 HD xvid on the site w/no editor needed; and now I have downloaded and installed GIMP, and windows live moviemaker (not sure if I like the new version) and I also Downloaded Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum! the free trial (so far), only because I am not having successful results from AVS (not sure why) or finding the right codecs/ and settings? not sure yet what exactly I'm doing wrong there. I still have much to learn about the ins/outs of codecs/options.
Years ago I used to use Roxio but I won't do that again. I am familiar with the basics of video editing etc but codec selection and technical mumbo jumbo is new to me...

What I previously tried to do was convert my original Muvizu (MSV1) to 720 HD Xvids - did that(Dylly=screenshots), but something went wrong (even though it worked) because the icons aren't right, and mre importantly when I tried to use AVS to render FFDshow it is not comin up as an option, and somehow later when I did it it was Very very bad quality. I previously had downloaded the k-lite codec pack 64 (I have a 64 bit machine).
I wish I could do Everything through Muvizu though! Create,Edit, Shrink, because I got the best results from Muvizu; only the file size was too big to upload; I wish we could d it all through Muvizu! I totally dig Muvizu...it rocks! The sooner I figure out the codec stuff and what thr correct options to choos with the different codecs, then I should be able to edit/upload my projects, I will be uploading alot, I already have 3 things going at once in Muvizu.

I'm thinking I should learn Sony as much as I can and go right from Muvizu to Sony....or even AVS if I can figure that one out too (and get better results). If anyone has screenshots or any help with FFdshow, codecs, choosing the right options, etc it would help me out alot. Thanks a bunch for all the help thus far, you've all been very informative! I now am going into Sony, AVS, and Muvizu and oh yeah the videos again to try and figure out whatever I can on my own as well...back to my drawing board - Thanks you Muvizu Masters! - EEF
edited by EEFilmz on 07/05/2012

UPDATE: sometimes it pays to work tired...I think I fgured something out through AVS now (esp since I DLd Converter) it went from 262mb to 33mb for 1 min Xvid HD 720 ...still confused about FFdshow ...by EEFilmz on 07/05/2012
07/05/2012 11:49:50

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Personally I go for huffyuv with after effects and premier, that gives me the best quality when doing fancy things in post-production. If I'm making scenes to just upload or do simple joins / transitions then Xvid is my choice.

--
Direct, don't animate!
08/05/2012 11:59:36

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
UPDATE: I DL'd AVS Video Converter, (later found out I had to Export the codecs to get FFdshow to work! which is how I also now finally saw FFdshow and it results in something that the colors look white-washed out a bit, so I doubt I'll use that one; HUFFY 1st gave me a fatal error, then just an audio file.Ouch!

I used the Codec Tweak Tool and it said my Xvid Codec is BROKEN?...which MIGHT be why My icons were broken using the Xvid Codec, I had uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times and still the same thing happened. Now I have uninstalled it again; here is where I downloaded the 64 bit version every time: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/XviD-Codec

So now what I'm wondering is...is it the location where I got the xvid codec the problem? I'm not sure. I have a 64bit PC so I wanted the 64 bit Xvid, but that seems to be the source of my issues. I most likely, will be going from Muvizu (what codec? I dont know yet-Possibly h264avc or something - have to test versions in AVS n Sony 1st) and then to AVS Converter(the tests are in & that rocks!). From there I'll test out the shrunken vids in AVS & Sony and see what happens. If you have a better idea of where to get Xvid unbroken or know why mine might be Please let me know I want XVID 64 Bit to work!
Thanks! - EEF
edited by EEFilmz on 08/05/2012
08/05/2012 12:36:22

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
So now what I'm wondering is...is it the location where I got the xvid codec the problem?

I always make sure I download stuff from the people that make it. It's a good habit to get into.
The latest XVID can be found here.....
http://www.xvid.org/

EDIT: Here's the page to download the latest version. 1.3.2
http://www.xvid.org/Downloads.15.0.html
edited by WozToons on 08/05/2012
08/05/2012 12:50:02

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Thanks WozToons it says Xvid for Windows (Mirror 1)Xvid for Windows (Mirror 2)
Which "mirror" do I want?
I'm not sure what a "mirror" is...lol
Yeah I'm dumb like that I guess!
Oh and is it 64 Bit ? - EEF
08/05/2012 13:56:29

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
EEFilmz wrote:
HUFFY 1st gave me a fatal error, then just an audio file.

This sounds like a problem with 32bit. If you use 64bit Muvizu you need to use the 64bit version of the codec to get the output but chances are your video editor is 32bit which will require the 32bit version of the codec. At least this is what happened to me a few times.

Maybe I'm wrong though, is your video editor 64bit as well?

--
Direct, don't animate!
08/05/2012 14:19:48

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Jamie wrote:
EEFilmz wrote:
HUFFY 1st gave me a fatal error, then just an audio file.

This sounds like a problem with 32bit. If you use 64bit Muvizu you need to use the 64bit version of the codec to get the output but chances are your video editor is 32bit which will require the 32bit version of the codec. At least this is what happened to me a few times.

Maybe I'm wrong though, is your video editor 64bit as well?

Ya know, I am not sure, because I made it a point to try to download 64 bit apps etc but now that i look, I see audacity, gimp, sony, xvid, and avs4u are in the (86) folder...while I do see in my Programs Folder: K-Lite Codec Pack x64, Xvid MPEG-4 Video Codec (now)

So not sure if my editors (sony/avs) if they are 32/64 or both?...I pretty much thought I downloaded 64 bits but ya got me wonderin Jamie! - Thanks! lol - EEF
08/05/2012 14:24:53

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
EEFilmz wrote:
Ya know, I am not sure, because I made it a point to try to download 64 bit apps etc but now that i look, I see audacity, gimp, sony, xvid, and avs4u are in the (86) folder...while I do see in my Programs Folder: K-Lite Codec Pack x64, Xvid MPEG-4 Video Codec (now)

So not sure if my editors (sony/avs) if they are 32/64 or both?...I pretty much thought I downloaded 64 bits but ya got me wonderin Jamie! - Thanks! lol - EEF

Yeah, if it's in the x86 folder it's most likely to be 32bit. Try installing 32bit huffy and see if it works, that way you'll know it's running in 32bit

I certainly had the problem you described, just audio available with a huffy codec video. Can't say I've had a fatal error, anyway, once I installed the 32bit version of huffy it all worked fine for me.

--
Direct, don't animate!
08/05/2012 15:28:34

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Ok Thanks Jamie - EEF
08/05/2012 17:51:10

WozToons
EEFilmz wrote:
Thanks WozToons it says Xvid for Windows (Mirror 1)Xvid for Windows (Mirror 2)
Which "mirror" do I want?
I'm not sure what a "mirror" is...lol
Yeah I'm dumb like that I guess!
Oh and is it 64 Bit ? - EEF

Either will do, they are just hosts for the files. I used mirror 1. It comes with both 32 and 64 bit versions. Simple .exe installer.

Hope this helps.
08/05/2012 18:37:58

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Yes Thanks Woz, I think that's the same one I did too.

- EEF
08/05/2012 19:15:00

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
I realised halfway down this conversation that you hadn't installed the 32 bit version of the codec first - that's a problem. The 64 bit codecs sit on top of them, but aren't exclusively the only things the operating system will use. Install k-lite 32 bit, restart PC, install k-lite 64 bit, and you should be up and running. This is what I've done since the 64 bit version of Muvizu came out, and I've had very little problems (expect the 2gb limit on export size, but that's a different thread )
09/05/2012 00:17:53

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
ziggy72 wrote:
I realised halfway down this conversation that you hadn't installed the 32 bit version of the codec first - that's a problem. The 64 bit codecs sit on top of them, but aren't exclusively the only things the operating system will use. Install k-lite 32 bit, restart PC, install k-lite 64 bit, and you should be up and running. This is what I've done since the 64 bit version of Muvizu came out, and I've had very little problems (expect the 2gb limit on export size, but that's a different thread )

Oh? so I should uninstall k-lite 64 bit first? then install 32, then 64?...EEF
09/05/2012 00:25:28

WozToons
That's the way I'd do it.
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? Anyone use AVS? quality lost from Muvizu to AVS...